Coffee Shop XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1012527.jpg

Good morning. It's 55° and clear. The high is due to be 83° and it will be sunny.

P1012511.jpg

Say Jeffrey:

Your sign is quite interesting, I guess you printed it yourself, looks great!

The stand of the sign has an interesting rustic look to it as though it was made from rough cut timber? Some of my old unburnt fire place matches have rough sections like that and that gives me some ideas.

Oh, Have you've seen any the Animated signs that Miller Engineering has come out with? They're one of the newer things I have available from my distributor.

Say Jeffrey:

Your sign is quite interesting, I guess you printed it yourself, looks great!

The stand of the sign has an interesting rustic look to it as though it was made from rough cut timber? Some of my old unburnt fire place matches have rough sections like that and that gives me some ideas.

Oh, Have you've seen any the Animated signs that Miller Engineering has come out with? They're one of the newer things I have available from my distributor.
I have about a dozen of these billboard signs that I got from a friend. All have the logos of different model railroads. The billboard framework is available from Athearn. As for using fireplace matches to construct one it could be done but they'd have to be cut thin. It's far easier to just get the ready-made frame. Billboards I scratch built in the past were of the telephone pole type. The poles were cut sections of bamboo skewers.

I've though about getting one or two of the animated signs but it's one of those "It'd be nice to have but I don't really need it right now" type of things. If I was to come across one for a good price I might grab it.

Good morning. It's 60° and mostly cloudy. The high will be 84° and it will be partly cloudy.

Just more layout cleanup that I didn't get to yesterday. Seems to be a never-ending battle. I'm not feeling good today and probably won't do much.

P1012495.jpg

Good Morning!!!:eek::eek::):)

Thought I fell off the planet, right?:eek::)

Well, I'se be still alive and kicking...for now...heeheehee:D

Got balled up dong w**k at w**k ...and home stuff.

Good morning folks

Still crazy around these parts. I have a Pack Meeting to oversee tonight. My wife and daughter are going to a college volleyball game tonight to check out a coach and meet with him afterward. My son has a soccer game if the rain holds off.

At work we are scrambling to get another project advertised for bidding. Then we have three more emergency projects waiting in the wings.

I hope everybody has a good day.

I just wanted to shout, H E L L O !!
Yes, I did get an echo!

I'm not sure if the reverbation was between my ears or in the cafe???:(

Anyhow, y'all have a good day.

Good morning folks.

Looks like we're starting the march towards winter around here. Highs in the upper 40s and lows near 30 are the norm for the next ten days. I think it's time to break out the coats for the season.:eek: I had a funny thought yesterday. I have to decorate the store for Christmas in a little over three weeks. Man, that seems too soon this year. On the other hand, Christmas is my favorite time of year so I like the decorations up early. We'll see if the spirit moves me before, or after Thanksgiving.

Time to get to work.

Have a good day.

Good morning folks

It was 59 F as I hit the wet pavement this morning. Our high will be 60 F with more rain. I keep hearing that ugly word; snow, when the weather guessers talk about the rain on Saturday.

Last night’s pack meeting went well. This year’s group of parents seems to be a lot better than the group of slugs we had last year. They are much more willing to help and they understand that the more help they give the more things we can do for the scouts.

My son’s middle school soccer team got a tie yesterday. It is the first game that did not lose. He was happy about that.

My daughter had a good visit to the college volleyball match she attended last night. She had a nice talk with the coach. On top of that she saw one of her high school teammates from last year. She was playing for the visiting team. She got to talk with her and catch up on things.

Tonight we have someone coming in to look at the kitchen flooring. What we have there now has been seriously in need of replacing for a long time. I can’t believe the previous owner put a white floor down in the kitchen and in the hallway to backdoor. It is impossible to keep clean.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning. It's 63° and mostly cloudy. The high will be 80° and it will be mostly cloudy. There's a 60% chance of rain after 8 pm.

I spent a good part of the afternoon yesterday rebuilding a Proto 2000 E6 chassis. The front truck for some reason had a short I just couldn't resolve. The rear truck needed side frames but it would be much easier to simply replace it. So I changed out both trucks with those from an old E6 I had in the junk box. It had a damaged frame and couldn't be run. So while I was at it I changed out the motor. It now runs like a champ and is adorned with an E7 body. This make two E6's turned E7's I've gotten through trade from the same source. If the delivery dates are right I should be receiving a Busch Airstream trailer and a Great Northern shorty covered hopper #173906 (maker unknown) today.

P1012541.jpg

Got my new (to me) Olympus D550Zoom camera today. Now I can take photos without the camera suddenly turning off when I press the shutter button or attempt to adjust the zoom, etc. The camera in the photo is the old one but the new one looks just like it, just a little cleaner.

P1012546.jpg

Also got my Busch Airstream trailer.

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z471/j56616-142/P1012545.jpg

Here's that Great Northern shorty covered hopper. Looking at the coupler pocket covers makes me think MDC but I could be wrong.

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z471/j56616-142/P1012543.jpg

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z471/j56616-142/P1012548.jpg

P1012551.jpg

After some extensive searching on the net I found that this hopper was made by Front Range. Somebody did a good job putting it together. I can however see a few places where they had trouble around the ladders. I'm in the process now of patching it. Gone are the Great Northern markings. Soon the L&A lettering will be applied.

That Airstream sure is shiny!!!!

And I like the shorty as well. I need to find me some.
Mine won't be for much longer. It's going to be dull and dusty with dirty windows.

Good Evening All,
At about 11:00 Am I went to Bill's place to help him with the 8x16 display modular layout he's putting together for the Marine's Toys for Tot's drive at one of the local True-Value Hardware Stores on Hwy 49 just West of Oakhurst a ways. I helped him relocate one of the large curved road-bed sections on one end so he had his side-to-side spacing correct. He was glad we got that resolved.

Hope everyone has a good night!

Rain set in today shortly before sunset and has continued off and on all evening. Radar shows some heavy stuff moving in our direction so it's time to shut down. See y'all tomorrow.
DSCN1608.jpg

They are that shiny in real life, too. I'm working on the real-life twin to the HO model:

Say bnsf,

In Jeffrey's photo, though, it sure looks like the trailer is chome and the Air Streams I've seen in the past were usually a mild polished Aluminum so as not to blind anyone from the reflections when going down the road.

Rain set in today shortly before sunset and has continued off and on all evening. Radar shows some heavy stuff moving in our direction so it's time to shut down. See y'all tomorrow.

Say Jeffrey and others,

If you want the best, 'Surge and Lightening Protection' Go with APC, 'American Power Conversion' of West Kingston, RI !

They back them up with a replacement guarantee for any 120 Volt properly connected equipment damaged. Read for more details.
http://www.apc.com/support/service/equipment_protection_policy.cfm

I not only can verify their quality from personal use dealing with a direct ligtening strike on the phone line and how their surge protection functioned in a superior fashion but also that their Uninterruptiable Power supplies function so flawlessly that your not even aware the power has gone out, during the day time, except for the units beeping!

I have their products available also and competitively priced.

Their products are the Best Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back