Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png

:cool:

Good late evening guys,

Ok guys, to:

AndrewC

jeffrey

Ken G Price

Yes & thanks, I'm going to leave it alone as I think it looks fairly natural and that's the effect I want. Glad I was able to reverse my heavy black weathering.

Hope you all have an enjoyable weekend!

Good morning. It's 56° and partly cloudy. The high will be 87° and it will remain partly cloudy.

Nothing much planned for today except getting the junk cleared off the layout. It built up pretty thick during all the project work that was going on. When it got to the point that I was having trouble keeping track of tools I knew something had to be done. I got a good start on the clearing last night and I could actually see the track. The mess is down to 1/10th of what is was. I'm going to have to make some kind of shelf to put the tools on.

P1012447.jpg

According to postal tracking I should be getting a package today. It's not much. Just two Tyco boxcars and a Tyco Dutch Cleanser hopper in various states of disrepair. They'll give me something to work on, kitbash, whatever. Considering I only paid $7 including shipping it seemed a good price for project material.

Good morning. It's 56° and partly cloudy. The high will be 87° and it will remain partly cloudy.

Nothing much planned for today except getting the junk cleared off the layout. It built up pretty thick during all the project work that was going on. When it got to the point that I was having trouble keeping track of tools I knew something had to be done. I got a good start on the clearing last night and I could actually see the track. The mess is down to 1/10th of what is was. I'm going to have to make some kind of shelf to put the tools on.
Wow, I always thought you had a big work bench that you would some times use to store model trains.:D
What a surprise to learn that there was a model railroad on it all along.:rolleyes:

Got my package today. In it was a Tyco Dutch Cleanser hopper body, a URTX old time reefer body and an MKT stock car body. All three minus trucks and couplers. The hopper now has trucks and I'm working on body mounting a pair of Kadees. I did it on the other one easily enough so this one will be snap. I'm going to make the reefer into a storage shed and I don't know yet what will become of the stock car. I have another box coming that should be here next week. It contains a mobile home kit.

I remember back when my father and I graveled the driveway at his house. Two hundred feet of driveway and we put gravel on every inch of it to a depth of two inches! That was in 1974 and I was fourteen then. I don't remember exactly how many pickup loads of gravel we brought in but I do remember that we did fifteen loads one day. I slept good that night! We had to shovel the gravel into the truck, take it home and shovel it out onto the driveway. As I remember it took us about a week. Neither of us can do anything like that now.

Say Jeffery:
The scene above is looking real good. I like the way you used some trees in front of the background scene to give it more depth and it all blends together nicely!

Good work.

David

That's about how much gravel I've moved this week--with a shovel and wheelbarrow. My arms feel like lead... Almost done, both the driveway and me.:rolleyes:

Say Terry:
Shoveling gravel is hard work for sure, it will sure get you in shape in a hurry not to mention building up your stamina after you recooperate for a day or two!

Say Jeffery:
The scene above is looking real good. I like the way you used some trees in front of the background scene to give it more depth and it all blends together nicely!

Good work.

David
Thanks David. It's even better when you consider that I have no depth perception.

Good morning. It's 63 and cloudy. The high should be 80 with a 50% chance of thunderstorms. It's possible we'll have a couple of storms this morning.

More layout clearing on the schedule. Yesterday I went and voted in the state elections. I was a bit miffed because the voting machine wouldn't allow me to vote for the police juror for my district. Several other people were getting a bit ugly about it as well. As I was leaving a couple of the people who had finished voting cut the turn out of the parking lot and their right front wheel missed the culvert resulting in being stuck there. I told them if they had a rope or chain I could pull them out of there. About that time a couple of big cornbread and beans guys turn up and grabbed the front of the car and lifted it up like 'OK, where do you want it'. Upon getting home I discovered that the cable was out (that meant no internet) so I set to work on a Tyco 'Old Dutch Cleanser' hopper I got in the mail yesterday. It was just the body. It wasn't long before I came up with trucks and wheels for it. I added an ounce of weight to it then body mounted a pair of Kadee #242 coupler boxes. Kadee #5 couplers were next and it was done. Maybe later today I'll file the round hatches off the top and replace them with oval hatches I have that were left over from a kit.

P1012441-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning folks.

Terry, I've moved twenty yards of mulch in one day, I can't imagine moving the equivalent in gravel. Your poor back must be crying for help.

I'm somewhat back to normal after a four day bout with a stomach virus. It started out with cold sweats, body aches and fatigue and ended in a crescendo of coming out both ends. If I didn't know better I would say it's food poisoning, but I can't imagine that would last four plus days. I'm just happy to feel somewhat crappy today. I guess that's being happy my glass is half full today!

I hope everyone else is doing well.
Have a good day.

Arnie's Trains in Westminster had a presentation by a rep from Soundtraxx in their store yesterday. He spent a long time going through some Tsunami programming and operating features. It was very interesting and eye-opening. I'm not much of a classroom kinda' guy, but I actually learned quite a bit, and I just hope I don't forget it all before I get a chance to utilize it.

This is the first time I've seen a truly competent demonstration by an honest-to-goodness expert. The guy was good.

Evening all

Hope your all well as can be expected. Hope this weeks less eventful than last week was, i was involved in a rescue that saved 2 people from an auto wreck, a real terrible one which saw one car cut in half and the front end thrown 50 yards through the air into a field. And the wife while out shopping found a guy on the floor in a bank in full cardiac arrest, the upshot is she spent 40 mins giving CPR both in the bank and in the paramedic ambulance to the hospital, she's a nurse with advanced life support as her extended role, so the guy was in good hands and survived,,, two days later we found out we know him as he's our daughters friends grandaddy, what a small world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back