Coffee Shop XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
Ahhhhh!!! I luv the smell of fresh paint in the morning. Welcome Coffee Shoppers to the new and improved Coffee Shoppe.

Good morning...

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png

:cool:

Good morning. It's 74°F and partly cloudy. The high will be 103°F (feel like 115°F). There's a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the late morning and afternoon.

The Sundown shops are busy these days. There's a tuscan red PRR F7 A-B set to be stripped and repainted in L&A colors. A Seaboard SD45 awaits similar treatment. On one of the spurs there sits a giant Fairbanks-Morse H24-66 phase 1b Trainmaster in Reading colors, it's green and yellow paint showing it's age. It awaits it's turn in the shop to receive the MGRy black and gray colors. It's a good replacement as motive power for the MGRy tourist train. The 2-10-2 proved too costly to maintain.

P1301807.jpg

Good morning folks

It was 75 F this morning as I hit the surprisingly empty roads. High will be 88 F with the possibility of more heavy rain.

We had two more storms rolled through yesterday with heavy rain. Yesterday’s storms gave us another 2 inches of rain. One storm came through around 8 PM and lasted about an hour. The second one came overnight. It started around 12:30 AM and ended sometime after 3:30 AM. There was a good amount of heavy rain and almost 3 hours of continuous lightening. It was quite a spectacular show with lightening streaking across the sky. The overnight storm dumped another 0.8 inches on us. So we got almost 3 inches in the last 36 hours on top of the 4 inches over the weekend. I just heard that we broke the all time record for rainfall in August.

I spent half the evening trying to get my wife’s laptop to recognize our wifi network. I am not sure what happened but I was able to finally get to work.

This weekend is grocery shopping. We also plan to clean out the Cub Scout closet at the church we meet at. My son has a patrol leaders meeting for his Boy Scout troop this evening.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Wow Flo! The new shop is a big improvement. What's the lunch special? BTW: Love the short and well fitted uniform...fits you...uh....nicely ;).

We just keep getting better with age just like fine bourbon or wine.

Kinda like a Fart?:confused: ;):D We have lingered around longer than we should have and well beyond!:p

If you know or are related to someone who suffers from stupidity. People need to understand that stupidity is real and should be taken seriously. You could be sitting next to a stupid person right now. There is still no known cure for stupidity and sympathy does not help. Sometimes a 2x4 to the back of the head helps, but not a lot. But we can raise awareness! 53% won't re-post this because they don't know how to copy/paste Too Funny:

Wow Flo! The new shop is a big improvement. What's the lunch special? BTW: Love the short and well fitted uniform...fits you...uh....nicely ;).

Uh Rex,,,,,,,,thats Chris you're ogling!:rolleyes:
Better get those glasses checked!!:eek:

If you know or are related to someone who suffers from stupidity. People need to understand that stupidity is real and should be taken seriously. You could be sitting next to a stupid person right now. There is still no known cure for stupidity and sympathy does not help. Sometimes a 2x4 to the back of the head helps, but not a lot. But we can raise awareness! 53% won't re-post this because they don't know how to copy/paste Too Funny:
With a 185 IQ I don't fall into the realm of 'stupid people'. My biggest problem is trying to explain to a stupid person what to me is a simple idea. I almost have to write it out in crayon for them to understand.

Today I've been insanely busy painting locos then applying the decals afterward. I'm still working on the H24-66 at this time. I've filed the ends of the front and rear platforms smooth and I'll be applying L&S logo there since the cab sides are already taken up by the MGRy logo. The front and rear pilot foot plates have been removed.

P1301821.jpg

Good morning folks.

Nice joint you have here. Who the heck picked the paint colors?

My week of hell is over one day early because we are celebrating my Wife's birthday today. Normally I would work on Saturday, but we're off to bet on the ponies instead!:D Gina's birthday isn't actually until Monday but she leaves town for work tomorrow. She'll be gone for five days so we decided to celebrate early. After this week of crappy customers and hijacked days off I could use some R&R. Sunny with 78 degrees should be just the right weather to encourage liquor consumption. Throw in some pronto pups, cheese curds, and mini donuts while you shout an the beasts running in circles and you have yourself a darn good time. Field of dreams comes to mind. "Is this heaven?" "No, it's Canterbury Downs!":D

I also played with trains yesterday so that helps the mood today. I only added a mortar wash to a few building flats, but hey, that's something.:)

That's all I have for now.
Have a good weekend everyone.

During my drunken stupor last night some where? I made A Large Pot of 8 alarm chili and bought two bags of Tostitos hint of jalapeno Chips!!! Man does it go good with the Michelob Lime Cactus Beer! I feel sorry for the toilet tonight!

I feel sorry for the toilet tonight! :D Also a good time fer the girl friend to STAY AWAY :):):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The economy is so bad that I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail. CEO's are now playing miniature golf. Exxon-Mobil laid off 25 Congressmen. Angelina Jolie adopted a child from America. Motel Six wont leave the light on anymore. A picture is now only worth 200 words. They renamed Wall Street " Wal-Mart Street..." Finally, I called the Suicide Hotline and got a call center in Pakistan and when I told them I was suicidal, they got excited and asked if I could drive a truck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back