Coffee Shop XLI-2/23/2014

Wow carey, I saw on the WC that your area was hit hard you are lucky
it wasnt worse good luck with the locos

Carey ... That is very kind of you to help your deceased friend's widow. Sorry to hear about the flood. Reminds me I know somebody who actually does clean model locomotives in water. I don't think I will try doing that.

Everybody .... I phoned Jeffrey last night, and he is doing quite well. His big wound is healing slowly. He is doing physical therapy and lifting heavy weights. He can walk with a cane and does walk in the hallways. Of course, he stops at the nurses desk to chat with them. He might be able to get on-line in the hospital, and he will know soon if so.

Happy Model Railroading

Hi all,

It's sure warmed up here in Central Calif, today it got up to 87* as shown on my Android phone, rather than the 81* it was supposed to be. Glad it not hotter.

This past Friday & Saturday I had quite a bout with High blood pressure. My reading was 154/ 103 and I forget the pluse which I didn't write down at the time. Fortunately I was able to get it under control, I guess I just got too much sodium intake as I went too heavy on the soy sauce over the Broccoli and meat balls but it did taste good. Think I have the same thing tonight sans all the soy sauce, maybe just a little, very little. Sesamee oil is good too with no bad side affects.

Say Karl & Toot, and others, I also noticed that last night, Tuesday 4-08-2014, I couldn't get on the forum due to server error too! I glad to know others experienced the same thing unfortunately. I figured due too the pure turnout as of late Flow had to close the place?

Say BlK Z, Thanks for the update on Jeffrey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the correction Ken,

Apologies to Garry, I knew someone else had talked with Jeffrey but wasn't sure who when writing my post.

Ken, as far as my BP I managed to get it under control if fairly short order on my own and a good thing as there was nothing in the area that was open to see me. I've been monitoring my BP readings and things are back to the very good range and staying there based on the readings.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Garlic capsules are good to help reduce your BP naturally as as or fish oil capsules.

Good Morning!

It's Thu 4/10/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

BUNN_COFFEE.png

trainwreck.png

It"s supposed to hit 70, here today!
Thanks to GarryCBQ for the Jeffrey info. It sounds like progress is being made. :D

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning. It's clear and 36. Supposed to be back to 80 for daytime highs over the weekend.
I'm heading to a swap meet on Saturday, only 85 miles away, which is not too far away. Mapquest says it should take an hour to get there. Really?

Last edited by a moderator:
85 miles in an hour, eh. Sounds like someone's throwing you a challenge there. Maybe they're in cahoots with the local fundraisers.

We've got a late season cyclone (Ita)approaching the far north Qld coast, expected to cross the coast later today (Friday). Category 4 at the moment, possible 5 by then. Not affecting us down here. Fine and clear.

85 miles in an hour, eh. Sounds like someone's throwing you a challenge there. Maybe they're in cahoots with the local fundraisers.

Maybe they ARE the local fundraisers!

Update on the locomotives. After taking them apart, I believe that no water actually got inside most of the locomotives. I did get them all cleaned, and relubed, then put back together. On my little test track, they all ran very well except for 2. One I believe has a flywheel rubbing, and just needs the motor adjusted some to one side to eliminate that noise. The other seems to be doing the same thing. I may not have tightened the screws down enough. No big deal. Took them over to a friend whose layout still has a DC pack attached to it. By flipping some switches, got one mainline to pure DC and ran each loco around it several times. I was impressed how well these things really ran. When I sell these, it will be a bargain for someone. Since the boxes got wet, and a couple of the screws that hold these locomotives together does have some very minor rust on them, (eliminated as much as possible), I of course can't sell them at the price the widow wants for the others, so they will be going cheap.

Hey Gang! How's everybody been?

Been working like a dawg, hopefully some "normal" hours will appear soon! Glad to hear Jeffrey is making progress, Hope he gets back soon!

I of course can't sell them at the price the widow wants for the others, so they will be going cheap.

Carey, stop being a tease! Pics and prices please!! ;)

Gotta trot, bedtime soon! 5:30 comes early!!

Happy Friday!

How's everyone doing? I've been busy with outside chores since the temperature moderated. I went to the Doc's yesterday, and had a good check-up. Hockey is almost done, the Devils failed miserably this season.......well there is always next year, but Devil's fans expect more. I watched the Maple Leafs last night, they were pathetic against Florida.

Hope Jeffrey is on the mend.....not having internet access must be driving him nutz.

Everyone take care...

Joe

Happy Friday!

Hope Jeffrey is on the mend.....not having internet access must be driving him nutz.

Everyone take care...

Joe
Evening y'all. No, I'm not dead yet. I've been very bored though. Played around with the TV remote this morning and hacked the Suddenlink program menu, saved all my favorite channels on it then.changed the password so only I can rurn it on and off. The staff should be pulling their hair out by morning. Sunday night the 'problem' will miracoulsly fix itself.

Good evening all,

Say Jeffrey, Good to see you back on again but for your own sake keep a close watch on your Diabetes, ok? These forums can be a fascination but your health and well being comes first.

Did they find out what is causing the numbness in your Left leg I think you said it was?

Talk with you all later.

Back