Coffee Shop XLI-2/23/2014

Good Morning!

It's Thu 5/22/14
BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Coffee-pouring-Copy.png

COFFEE_SIGN.png

Partly cloudy with a high of about 78. Some garden work (again) and mowing I STILL haven't done. :D

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

:cool:

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good Morning.

Right now, there is a Thunderstorm in Progress. There has been a series of them for the past couple of hours. It's 58° right now.

Even if the rain ends before long, it will be too wet to do what I want outside, so i have to find something to do inside. Sitting around is not an option, I get too stiff if I stay in one place for too long.

Joe

Good morning. Soggy but sunny for the moment, here in central MD. I brought the umbrella into my office from the car, that guarantees the predicted t-storms won't occur!

Even if the rain ends before long, it will be too wet to do what I want outside, so i have to find something to do inside. Sitting around is not an option, ...
Joe it looks like you have no choice - you must do trains!:p

All I can say is, if I ever have to endure even half of what you've had to deal with, may I learn from you how to take it with such humor and grace!

What happened next would have been good for amateur comedy night. That was me moving the old microwave out and the new one in. I grabbed the old one in a bear hug and straight legged it over to the door, pushed the door handle down with my elbow and staggered down the steps and bounced off a tree. I fell to one knee and none too gently set the old microwave down. Got the new one out of the box, stripped all the packing off of it then stood it on end and carefully picked it up, took two steps and gently set it down. I repeated that all the way to the door where I lifted it into the trailer then stepped in behind it. Getting it to the cabinet was accomplished by rocking it across the floor then carefully lifting it onto the cabinet. I then turned around and tripped over my prosthetic foot, bounced off the layout and landed on my chair sitting down and facing front.

What happened next would have been good for amateur comedy night. That was me moving the old microwave out and the new one in. I grabbed the old one in a bear hug and straight legged it over to the door, pushed the door handle down with my elbow and staggered down the steps and bounced off a tree. I fell to one knee and none too gently set the old microwave down. Got the new one out of the box, stripped all the packing off of it then stood it on end and carefully picked it up, took two steps and gently set it down. I repeated that all the way to the door where I lifted it into the trailer then stepped in behind it. Getting it to the cabinet was accomplished by rocking it across the floor then carefully lifting it onto the cabinet. I then turned around and tripped over my prosthetic foot, bounced off the layout and landed on my chair sitting down and facing front.

Jeff .... Not to surprise you, but you may be disqualified to be a ballet dancer.

Good afternoon. It's 83° with 47% humidity. The high will be 88° with some clouds.
pcloudy-1.jpg

The appointment with the heart doc went well and I got a clean bill of health, at least for as healthy as a person with my problems can be. I got there at 10:17 and got out at 12:45. From there me, my father and step mother went to KFC for lunch. I limited myself to a small meal as their food tends to blow my blood sugar through the roof.

Today is my nieces birthday. We'll be going to a local Mexican restaurant for the birthday dinner this evening. My father and step mother won't be in attendance as he has a 4:30 appointment with the same doctor I went to see this morning.

On the computer front, I got the IIc's disk drive working again. The problem turned out to be a broken pin on the connector the ribbon cable connects to. A quick solder job and it was fixed. I left a post on my forum letting the owner know he can pick it up anytime.

The trailer still stinks of smoke and charred wires after yesterdays fire. The only harm I got is a minor first degree burn on my right hand suffered when I opened the oven door to put out the fire inside. It was hot enough that the revolving glass tray shattered and the coating on the cooking compartment walls was melting and the walls looked like they were buckling. At least I got five years out of it. It sure did a number on my lunch. The only part that was recognizable was the corn and that's only because some of it popped. The new unit is working great so far though the only thing it's cooked thus far is a bag of popcorn.

That's all for now.

P1010257.jpg

P1010246.jpg

P1010230.jpg

Looks like the severe T-storms are going to pass either Northeast or Southwest of us. I did run the new Bowser Baldwin S12 around the layout again today. I'm very happy with the out of the box performance is surprisingly good, without tweaking. The Baldwin sound is what I remember a real Baldwin sounded like. I normally hate sound, and shut it off, immediately, not this one, though. A nice feature is that by default, the sound is off. Select F8 and it starts up.

Otherwise, I'm going through my stuff, purging valueless junk and clutter from the train room. So far two bags of stuff have made it to the garbage.

Jeffrey, you do lead an interesting life, my friend.

Joe

The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. I have it on 'Book on tape', DVD and an Apple II computer game.

That is a great line, and book... but my favorite is still...

Ford Prefect: "...you'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur Dent: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford Prefect: "You ask a glass of water."

That is a great line, and book... but my favorite is still...

Ford Prefect: "...you'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur Dent: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford Prefect: "You ask a glass of water."

Yeah, that one always gets me.

Been on the move today and not much of a chance to do much. Doc appointment this morning went well, then lunch at KFC with my father and step mother, a little time at home then off to my nieces birthday dinner at Las Margiritas restaurant this evening. Got home not too long ago and I'm tired.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1010226.jpg

P1010222.jpg

DSCN6257-1.jpg

Back