Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evenin' all!

Jim, The beaches around Eglin are just beautiful. My nieces always called them sugar beaches because they are so white. Last time I was in Buloxi, there were thousands of jellyfish. As far as the eye could see. I think it was around Thanksgiving several years ago. Yuck. When I was a kid, my Grandparents lived on a dairy farm and my Gramma's treatment for sunburn was to skim the cream of the top of the milk and rub us down. It instantly cooled us down, but by morning it was kind of stinky!

Jeffrey, I am just not a science fiction fan at all, but my sister dragged me to see the first episode of Star Wars...technically it is the fourth, I think...but it was the first released. I loved it! Could not wait for the next 2 installments. We bought tickets for The Return of the Jedi several months in advance of it's release and waited in line for a few hours to get the best seats the day it came out. I did see the 4th and 5th...or are they the 2nd and 3rd? Oh well, the newest releases. Just didn't care for them...the whole JarJar Binks thing was not for me. But those first three...Hans Solo....oh my! :D

Steve, I hope your friends can get something out of the debacle. What a shame. Someone with a great idea for a business and some moron ruins it. Sheesh!

Rex, Those puppies are just too sweet. They look like they could NEVER ever be bad boys! Corn-on-the-cob sounds so good. My friends have a pretty good sized garden and have been supplying me with tomatoes and today Terry asked me if I knew anything about okra. These Colorado folks aren't really used to it, I reckon. I went to his garden to see how they were doing and those okra were huge! LOL! I told him that I doubted if they would be very good...probably pretty tough, but he thought he could fry them up and they would be just fine.

I went to the mountains today. Drove up to Estes Park...then up Fall River Rd to Trail Ridge Pass. I actually had to put on my jacket because it was about 48 degrees and there was still a lot of snow. From there we went to Grand Lake and had a picnic. Just about got rained out. It poured all the way into Gennessee, just before Denver. Was a good day.

Have a great Sunday!

Sandy

08-10-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

Good Morning Everyone!

WEATHER

8 AM 75 °F Partly Cloudy Scattered clouds.
2 PM 89 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy; isolated shower or two mainly south of Tampa
10 PM 80 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy.
Rain Chance 20%

LOCAL AND NATIONAL NEWS

Actor and comedian Bernie Mac dies at age 50:( :( :(
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1
"I liked Bernie!" Don't know how you felt, but the Bernie Mac show was on my to watch list when I had time!

Home invasion leaves one dead
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE

Well another day! I have to finish cleaning the truck, I have to clean out the bed now. It's full of grass clippings and trash then I'll clean up the tool box and I should be finished with it!........until it rains! Might go to the river if possible to day too......I hope!

Jeff what's your view of the new battlestar compaired to the original? I hate when they put sex in stuff to the point where you can't let your kid watch:( enterpise and battlestar has to way much for my taste.....

Ray I have a small yard too, since my lawn tractor came to visit, my mowing time went from 45min's to 20mins!:eek: and that's with a tractor not a zero turn.......can't imagine how fast I can do it with one of those.

Jeff what's your view of the new battlestar compaired to the original? I hate when they put sex in stuff to the point where you can't let your kid watch:( enterpise and battlestar has to way much for my taste.....
I don't really care for the new Battlestar Galactica. I do like Star Trek Enterprise though or I wouldn't have gone to the trouble of recoding all those DVD's this last week. I'm single and live alone so I'm not too picky about what I watch. I do tend to give horror shows a wide berth though. I like action, sci-fi and just about anything with a train in it.

Good morning.

It's 78 and mostly cloudy here. The high should be in the low 90's and there's a chance of thunderstorms later.

I kept myself busy yesterday reorganizing my DVD collection. Maybe today I'll get around to cleaning off the parts of the layout that I haven't been working on and seeing if there's still scenery under there.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/10/2008

Heat Index: 83°F
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 80°F
Low: 77°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 95 Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy until late night then becoming mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

I thought this was the funniest thing I'd seen in a long time! Makes me want to keep an eye on my kids, and they're teenagers!

754750ua6.jpg

Mornin' everyone!

"The sun is a shinin' to welcome the day"....... Got a couple weeks before the fair though....... Nice cool morning here in the Finger Lakes with a bit of sunshine out there. Currently 67°F with a predicted high of 69° although I'm betting on low 70s. Got a few low tree limbs I need to lop off and set aside. Not only will that let me mow the lawn without ducking down, but will give me a bunch of new armatures for trees on the layout.

Chris and Jeffrey what is this Battlescar Galapagos that you speak of? Must be something on the Idiot Box which would explain why I haven't seen it...........:rolleyes: :p :D I used to love Star Trek. It was one of the last reruns that I would actually turn on the boobtube and sit and watch commercials and all. I forget what channel it was but they used to have 3 or 4 episodes back to back late in the evening. After they stopped showing them I watched Emeril Live every evening. That is until they redid the format so that the show consisted of Emeril stirring something and yelling, "Don't touch that dial, we'll be right back and I'll show you what it is...." And then watching 8 to 10 minutes of commercials. After that I just left the stupid thing off.

Philip love the sign. My favorite is this one:

Syracuse0601a.png

Flo, I'll have the #2 special, over easy on the eggs with sourdough toast. Oh and keep the coffee coming sweetie!

Good morning all!
Flo, I'll have some of that coffee if Ray hasn't drank it all. I made the mistake of tuning into some of the Olympic games last night and didn't turn it off until 2:00 a.m. (I don't know why I do that to myself:( :D )

I would mention that we have a pretty good chance for rain and low 80 temps over the next couple of days, but I don't want to jinx it. "I know nuh-ting!" :rolleyes:

Had a visit from one of our city council members last night looking for a vote. I had worked with him when I was at Shelton State and knew him as one that had great ideas for projects, but when the time came to do them you couldn't find him:eek: . He is going for a second term and has done surprisingly well his first; I guess the councilman duties fits his profile well:D :D

Guess I will hang around the depot today and stay clear of the wife and her honey-do's. That's the problem when she is off work; she can think up a lot of little aggravating do's.

Have a good'un!:)

After noon everyone,

WEATHER

Too dang HOT! We had a drying out sort of, so the air isn't as humid. But still to hot to work in! Just every so often a nice sea breeze will loft in. Got to love Florida weather!

LOCAL NEWS

Mosquito inspectors have a job that really bites
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Russia Expands Bombing Blitz In Georgia

PERSONAL NOTE

Got the truck done! I finished the detailing of it, almost looks new again! Just don't look at the odomitter!LOL's. I took a Hour or so off to sit on the front patio in the shade and just simply enjoy the weather here. Hot but a cool sea breeze will gently loft in every so often. The neighbor is having a garage sale, lot's of people. Hope some one needs Lawn service;) Truck clean and pretty and the signs all pointed toward the sale for them to see;) :rolleyes: Might get some calls i hope! My FIL stoped by for a visit, He though he'd swing by on his way to check on his crabbing boat! He's going to lend me his small trailer until I get my own in the fall!(I dang near fell of the chair on my patio:eek: ) Well my wife wants to see her mom and I want to snag that trailer before my FIL has a brain fart and changes his mind! I'll see you guys later.................

Good afternoon folks

It is 66 F right now. It has been a wet and wild weather day so far. We have had several hours of nasty thunderstorms. At one point we were under a Tornado Warning. It is raining now and I hear an occasional distance rumble of thunder. Early this afternoon the thunder shook the house and set off car alarms. We are currently under a Severe Thunderstorm Watch. There are some ugly looking storms just west of us.

I am not doing much right now. I am waiting for my wife to call. She is at work at the Museum and should be leaving shortly. My daughter and I had to go out and dodge lightening bolts early to go Petsmart to pick up supplies for the critters. When we got home we finished setting up the aquarium. We will let it run for a week and then look at restocking it.

Yesterday we went to a 50th Birthday Party for my boss. It was a fun time. They just got a new pool installed and we all enjoyed some time in the water.

No modeling yet this weekend. I am hoping to do some later this evening. My son is downstairs now dreaming up projects on the layout for me.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

Happy Sunday afternoon everybody

Ray glad you solved the yellowjacket problem, those things are nasty!

Chris I wish I had a small yard but unfortunately I don't, it used to take me ~6-7 hrs to mow before I bought the ZTR - now it's down to two hrs (or 1.5 hrs if my son does it, but he misses a bunch of spots!)

Well, in about 15 hours we're hittin the road for Pell City AL. Making last-minute preparations to secure the property, and I've firmed-up the arrangements with each of my 'Bama friends that I'll be visiting. Hopefully S-I-L won't try to [indirectly] veto any of those plans...:rolleyes: I'm bringing my 'puter along so I'll still be able to visit here - as long as there's a router for me to plug into!

Last edited by a moderator:
We just had another thunderstorm pass through. This had to be the sixth one for today. We are now under a Flood Advisory from all the heavy rain today. The sun is coming out now but you can hear the thunder in the distance. Weird day; one minute sunny, the next a major thunderstorm.

Got back from the In-laws, The trailer ain't big enough to haul my mower! Funny thing is he has two trailers to use but one is to small and the other is so big it won't fit in my yard!LOL's Got's to wait till fall and by me a 6'x10' trailer.

Good morning.

It's 80 and mostly cloudy. The high today should be in the upper 80's and there's a good chance of thunderstorms later. Maybe we'll even get some rain.

I spent part of yesterday clearing the assorted junk off the layout. The biggest problem with that is finding another place to put it. I also regeared a P2K loco that had a main drive gear with a broken tooth. That was fun (yeah, right).

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/11/2008

Heat Index: 87°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 75°F

So Far Today
High: 81°F
Low: 80°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph WSW

Today High: 88 A chance of showers and thunderstorms early in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms in the late morning and afternoon. Locally heavy rainfall possible in the late morning and afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Tonight Low: 78 Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 70s. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Good morning folks. A nice, cool, crisp morning in Minnesota. I love mornings like this!

I have one more coat of paint to go on my bench work. Four sections are completely done. Three sections have one coat of paint to go. I can't wait, this is more work than my job! I'm taking my time in order to build up the war chest. I need to order twenty turnouts, a box of road bed, and a box of flex track. It's not going to be cheap. Oh well, I told my wife that I refuse to hurry on any of this. If I skimp now, I'll regret it down the road.

I hope you all have a great day. I'm off to work!

Good morning folks

It was a chilly 64 F as I headed out this morning. It definitely felt more like late September than early August. Don’t get me wrong any day in August I don’t have to run the air conditioners is good. Yesterday with all the storms we got about an inch and a half of rain. High today will be 76 F. There is a chance of more thunderstorms this afternoon.

I did get to run a train some last night. My son and I also cleaned off some of the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good Morning everyone!

Another chilly August day here in the Finger Lakes. Tom you got that right about liking any day the air conditioner doesn't have to run. Low here last night was 54°F. The house was and is cold this morning. Our high today is supposed to be 68°F. We got 1.1" of rain yesterday (although most went around Geneva - some puddles this morning). That brings our total rain this month to 4.1". That's almost an inch above normal and its August 11th.

Tomorrow I get to take the "Boys" to the vet for their annual check up. Putting a very strong 18lb. cat into the car carrier is always fun........:eek: :rolleyes: I get to do it twice........... Actually they are pretty good about it.

Flo just a big mug of dark roast for me this morning, and one of those big chocolate chip cookies to dunk in it, OK?

Good Morning Everyone,
It's sunny and already getting warm here is Central Ca.
When I boot my computer & the home page comes up it been giving me the N.Y. weather as well as Ca. and I see you poor guys in NY are really getting soaked back there, we sure could use about half of that at least. Maybe it will move West??

Have a good day all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back