Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuff hot drinks i'm having a bad day,,, anyone for Guinness.
Got 10 yds off the drive at 6am and the car broke down today,,, Mmmmm three hours later i found out that by disconnecting the battery it would re boot the computer and go as if by magic !!! how bout that

Who's buying lunch?
Guess everyone survived their weekend. I hope it was a good one for you.
I finally got the depot straightened/cleaned up for Ken's visit this week...at least he can get in the door:D .

Ray, coincidence: We also take our "boys" to the Vet tomorrow. They will get their 9 week shots and check-over. Should be interesting :rolleyes: .

Steve: yeah, the reboot is sometimes handy if you start getting weird symptoms with how the engine runs. Only thing to remember is it has to learn your driving habits and engine performance again and may run a little different for a few days. (Be sure and talk to it and tell it your name and that you love it...it will help the learning process.:D :D )

David: Jeffrey and the NY boys are hogging all the rain in the East. All that was promised us has failed to happen. We have only had a drizzle, but maybe more tomorrow. At least the temps have been in the low 80's...I will take it:) .

Corey: You have the right idea about taking your time and getting exactly what you want in the beginning. Very smart buying flex by the box; you will save a bunch.

Chris: Bummer about the trailer. That sounds like my luck.

David: Jeffrey and the NY boys are hogging all the rain in the East. All that was promised us has failed to happen. We have only had a drizzle, but maybe more tomorrow. At least the temps have been in the low 80's...I will take it:)
Shoot! I'm down here in Louisiana. We got a little rain yesterday. That brings the months total so far to 1/2 an inch.

Rex hope it was not listening to me going to work,, it will hate me forever if it was !!!

LOL my house looks like a football field, the boys friends came by and played football in the very wet garden then ran through the house, without stopping to remove mud clogged trainers :(

Morning everyone, I'll take a cup of joe. Dealing with custody paperwork today. Certainly the bad part of the week for me :(

Its official. Check out page 27 of the Sept Model Railroader. They published my question regarding the Turtle Creek Central.

evening everyone

WEATHER
Another hot day! we had a nice sea breeze too, that kinda helped to dry thing out some.

LOCAL NEWS
Russian Troops Move Into Western Georgia
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

Two teens arrested in deputy shooting
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...=10&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE
Just another day at work! Mowed the soccerfields today, thank God for the sea breeze! Other than that an uneventful day!!!!!!

Steve I've already cracked open a Michelob. I'm trying the new HONEY LAGER.......Not bad, still like my amberbrock better:D Talk nice to your car, if it goes on strike you won't be able to work! no work.... no tanks, trains, and beer!:eek:;)

REX All your pic's of your layout got me curious on it's track plan......Can you post a track plan to your layout for me? Ya, that trailer issue is funny. Everytime I find the right size trailer the person selling it either wants to much or the $$ iis right but I don't have the cash!:rolleyes: I can't win at times:rolleyes: :(

Afternoon, everybody.

Tom, sounds like some wild storms yesterday. I'm glad it was just thunder and rain. we haven't seen anything like that in about three weeks.

Jeffrey, that is a ton of CD's. Just getting all the labels on the right ones would fry my brain. :)

Ray, we just had to take the two kittens in for their shots. They REALLY don't like getting in that pet taxi.

Sandy, they had some old pictures at the Eglin museum of Fort Walton Beach and Destin in the early '50's. Just a few buildings, a post office, and the rest was nothing but white beaches and dunes. It must have been like a paradise then.

David, you'll get some rain...in October. I remember how excited I got in California when we'd get the first rain after the long, dry summer. I just hope the winds don't kick up too bad this fall with the amount of fires you've already had.

Ken, you must have a massive lawn. My lawn guy has one of those zero turn mowers and he has my .80 acres done in about 15 minutes. He drives that thing like a race car. :) Drive safely down here and I'll look forward to seeing you if you can keep the SIL under control. I've got to get down and clean things up on the layout too since another modeler is actually going to see it.

Steve, I've had the experience with my Miata. The thing will sit there and do nothing after running for about 10 seconds but will start right up and run if I disconnect the battery for a minute. The dealer can find no cause but it must a fault being seen by the computer that only happens when the car shuts down. I'm sure it's some pollution related thing like a little too much moisture in the fuel. OTOH, I haven't called it nice names either so maybe that's the problem.

Rex, it's looked like rain down here since yesterday afternoon but nothing so far. Later tonight and tomorrow still look hopeful but we know how that goes. My lawn is taking on that desert camouflage look again. There's nothing radar so far but a bunch of rain further west.

I've done nothing of importance in the last two days. I'm not even sure what I did in the last two days but I was busy. At least when I was working, I could look in Outlook and see all the worthless activities I had done over the past two days. :D The tropics are starting to get a bit more active with tow areas of disturbed weather out by the Lower Antilles that might turn into something by the weekend. From now until about September 30 should be our most active time for tropical storms so I'm hoping something not too bad but with a lot rain eventually makes it our way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, my cat has the opposite problem, I can never get him out of the carrier, he's made it his bedroom... I could hang pictures of female cats in there for him and make it official...

I have both problems.... They don't want to go in the carrier and then don't want to come out when they get to vet. The heart wrenching part is the Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meOW! all the way over. Or in Blackie's case, it is Meeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwww....sup, sup, sup, meeeeeeeeeooooooooooow, uh,uh,uh,uh.... Sound's like a baby crying. I think he thinks I'm going to give him away or something. On the way home it is just the constant normal meow.

Afternoon, everybody.

OTOH, I haven't called it nice names either so maybe that's the problem.

Steve/Jim, Make peace with :) your rides. Take some time and Hand Wash them and give them a good detailing job, they seem to run better!;) If not........... at least they will look good as you ship them off to the dealership to get fixed!:D LOL's

...Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meOW! all the way over. Or in Blackie's case, it is Meeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwww....sup, sup, sup, meeeeeeeeeooooooooooow, uh,uh,uh,uh....
In cat talk that's, "Are we there yet?":D

Yeah Jeffrey, I know you are in Louisiana, but most of the rain this summer seems to have been following a track through Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi, barely crossing into Bama. Guess it has been missing you too.

Steve: I had a car do that and the problem was an intermittantly bad electrical connection on the battery side and then it would cause a reboot...back and forth over several days. Finally, my mechanic found the bloody bloke and tightened it up. He also said that a battery beginning to go bad can cause that. You still need to talk to it nicely and Chris's suggestion of pampering her with a good wash and polish makes them feel soooooo goood. :D

YOC: Handsome lads you have.

08-12-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

Good morning.

It's currently 81 and cloudy with occasional drizzle. The high will be in the mid 80's and there's a good chance of a thunderstorm or two coming through.

Yesterday was irritating, to put it mildly. Constant power failures in the morning followed by constant cable problems in the afternoon. Hopefully today won't be a repeat.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/12/2008

Heat Index: 89°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 76°F

So Far Today
High: 82°F
Low: 81°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph SSW

Now through 07:00 AM CDT August 12, 2008

Through 7 AM...isolated showers and a few thunderstorms will be possible across southern Louisiana. Rainfall from these showers will be mostly light...but heavier showers can be expected from southern portions of Lafayette to New Iberia. This isolated activity is occurring ahead of an area of light to moderate rain located across northern Tyler...Jasper and Newton counties into Vernon Parish. Rainfall amounts of up to one quarter of an inch are possible.

Today High: 88 Rain likely and scattered thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the upper 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent in the morning decreasing to 70 percent in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent in the evening decreasing to 20 percent after midnight.

Good Morning from the deep woods of N.H.

Good morning too all my friends here and also to those who I haven't met yet!

Today is a day off from the stress of Ambulance work and I plan on "hopefully" finishing up all my layouts electrical work,:eek: my plan is to have all the towns lights on tonight after dark,;) well that is my plan which doesn't mean it will work out that way.

I had the rare opportunity to stop and observe a bull moose on my ride home this morning from our Ems base:D .

He was magnificent with a full rack that must have had a span of 5 feet or more, he was just snacking on the lower tree branches and keeping an eye on the 4 cars that stopped along side the road to do some Bullwinkle watching:) .

One of the drivers with out of state plates went to walk right up too the moose until I informed him that Moose are NOT passive animals:eek: and he could get charged, I was still in uniform and informed him also that I'd call one of our rigs for him if he lived through the encounter:mad: , he backed off and decided to use the zoom on his camera instead...smart thinking on his part.

I see so many "City Slickers" get themselves into trouble up here with the wild life because they think all the woodlands creatures are tame or something:cool: , I've been on calls for raccoon bites, fox attacks, deer into cars, moose into trucks, one guy actually lost part of his ear when he tried to untangle a hawk from a bat mitten net at one of the camp grounds, how he let it get that close to his head is still a mystery to us?

Do we really have to put up signs at our state boarders warning people NOT to accost the wild life:( ???

Oh well, I'm off to spend the day under my layout, wish me luck!:D
Oh yah, almost forgot, it is raining here and cool, my wife’s tomato plants are rotting due to the massive amounts of rain over the last 12 days:confused: , we really need a drying out period.

Stay safe and please remember, it is called "WILD" life for a reason;) !

Mornin' everyone!

Back from two trips to the vets..... Manet was easily caught and put in the carrier, but refused to come out at the vets. Ever try to pull a 19.5 lb cat from a cage? Yep the little guy is up another pound..... Blackie had to be coaxed out of hiding with some kitty treats... Lucky I kept an eye on him as he started to enjoy some and then figured out it was a trick. He was NOT going to go into that carrier! All four legs were poised to prevent that! I did get him packed in there and listened to him cry all the way over, but he was a good boy when he was there......... Both are in good health except for the gained weight. I also picked up Sheila's ashes while I was there and the paw-print the Vet made of her.

Jeffrey enjoy the rain. Sounds like a good reason to work on the layout today.....

Jess it is amazing how some city folk have no clue about wild animals. They have watched "Bambi" too many times I think. Most wild animals are very able to protect themselves from too "friendly" humans (and will). Being raised on a farm, I learned to respect them from a distance as well as having a great love for "Mother Earth".

Afternoon all,

Jess saw a clip of a man who was trying to attract dear so he could photograph them,,, what he did was cover himself in stag urine, very silly,,, shortly after a huge stag tried to kill him literally, it saw him as a HUGE threat to HIS ladies, ha ha ha, like i said stupid idea.

Ray remember the film "Bigfoot and the hendersons" when the big guy hung out of the window meeeooohhhowwling, everyone thought it was a police car and moved over, you could record the cats and sell it to siren manufacturers, i'm sure a man of your sound mixing skills could knock up a decent recording ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back