Coffee Shop Part VIII

Good Morning ! Steve , Bill & Jeffrey , Another dreary day here on the Niagara Frontier with rain and snow expected. Steve sorry to hear about the infection. Those are really painful hope it clears up fast. Phillip neat pictures and your right about not seeing that on the highway everyday . Well gotta get to the post office so you all have a nice day !!!

we see a lota metro transit equiptment on the hiway around here (Harrisburg PA area)

Ryan

I'm more worried about the SAL (spousal approval limit).
laugh-1.gif
lol.gif

at least being off sick i can intercept the postie man before questions are asked

Good Morning Steve & Bill !! Looks like another nice day here in Buffalo , It's 28 and sunny . The calm before the big storm heading our way over the weekend. gotta get the xmas lights strung outside so you all have a nice day 11

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/30/2007

Wind Chill: 46°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 45°F

So Far Today
High: 50°F
Low: 46°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph ESE

Today High: 72 Mostly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 55 Increasing clouds. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds becoming east around 10 mph after midnight.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Paul!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Just popin' in before heading over to School to set up for next weeks concert (High School Choruses). This time of year I get to do that nasty 4 letter word a lot. (You know, the one that starts with W {work}.) Good thing I also like the $$$ they pay me for it, not to mention that it is a lot of fun to go in with no student responsibilities and see what's going on in my old department.

See you all later!

Morning Fellas!! Boy I'm glad it's Friday, got so much to do but least it's enjoyable stuff for the most part. Should be fun tomorrow at the train show, probably going to try to find some nice rolling stock cheap and maybe a new building kit. Well I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Good morning folks. I woke up to white stuff all over the place. Last night I fired up the snow blower to make sure it works. Yep, started right up. I don't want to be caught holding the shovel if you know what I mean. I haven't done much modeling lately. I've spent too much time decorating my house and finishing other honey do's. I think part of me is waiting until I get my new building kits for Christmas. I know how much room they take up, but I need to see them in person to get my spacing right. I hope everyone has a good day. Thanks for commenting on my latest efforts in G scale!:)

Good afternoon folks

It has been a crazy day thus far. Got into work and walked into one maelstrom after another. The afternoon looks like it will be more the same. If folks would only read specifications before they grant approvals life would be easier. All this happening while I am still fighting this cold.

It was 33 F as I rolled out of the driveway. They say it will reach 49 F but at lunch it was only 39 F. According to the weather hyper-uppers the end of civilization is coming on Sunday as we are supposed to get windy, snow, sleet, freezing rain, rain, plagues of locust, etc…….. The NWS has issued a Bread and Milk Panic Warning for all area groceries for the weekend.

We have the bi-weekly shopping adventure which means I will have to do battle with the bread and milk panic. We would like to get our Christmas tree and lock ourselves in the house during the wintry storm and decorate it.

On the layout I still need to add details to the Farm House Area and on the workbench I have grab irons to add to coil cars.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Afternoon, everyone. We've got some high clouds and sun here in dixie with a temperature of 67. Hard to complain for the last day of November but we should could use some more rain.

Tom, I hope that cold starts getting better. All the bad weather doesn't help matters any, I'm sure. I'm convinced that specifications are an invention of Xerox so you'd use up a lot of copy paper but no one would actually look at what came out of the copier. :0 I'm glad I'm ot fighting those battles any longer.

Steve, I told you about doing any modeling when you're doped up. You'd be amazed at what quality work you can produce when you'e high on narcotics. :) The retaining wall you've done that's in the photo fun section looks outstanfing though.

Corey, snowblowers...ugh! I hate to even think about being somewhere that has enough snow to use one of those things. I hope you get to do more modeling and don't have to spend much time with the snowblower.

Ray, it sounds like you really enjoy setting up for those concerts even though it's "work". I hope everything goes well.

Phillip, I forgot to comment earlier on all your educational goals. It sounds like you have some really ambitious goals. I got my degree exactly 30 years ago so I've long forgotten all the work it took. I had a wife and 2 kids and it took me 6 years to get my B.S.; I hope it's taking less time for you.

I made a "Welcome to Hillside" sign for the layout in Excel using the drawing tools. I then made a styrene frame and mounted it on a rock base. I think it came out pretty good. I'll have to post a picture in WPF section. Otherwise, I've been painting never ending rows of cotton blooms. The space for the cotton field is a crescent that's about 12" long and 8" deep at the deepest part. You'd be amazed at how many rows of cotton you can get in an area that size.

Phillip, I forgot to comment earlier on all your educational goals. It sounds like you have some really ambitious goals. I got my degree exactly 30 years ago so I've long forgotten all the work it took. I had a wife and 2 kids and it took me 6 years to get my B.S.; I hope it's taking less time for you.

I've been at it for 3 years so far, and I'm getting close to done! I've been hitting it pretty hard though. I took 21 credits one semester! Learned my lesson though.....I'll not do that again! That was a rough semester. I got all A's though!

Good evening fellas! Hope a few of you are still up...

Paul/Corey/Tom, the weather has been all over the place up here. Went to Toronto (1.5hrs south of where I live) and went from sun to white-out and back again more times than could be counted. Apparently we're in for the worst winter in 15 years (and OF COURSE the weatherman is ALWAYS right... :) )

Jim, trust me I'd rather be living somewhere that doesn't require the ownership of a snowblower but man it blows (pun intended) not having one with 3 feet of snow in the driveway at 7am!! (See pics...)

A "snow story": came back from a southern vacation and this was the view after opening the garage:
2003_vac_02.png

And the snowblower doing what she does best:
2003_vac_01.png

:D

Mark

Mark, your pictures look familiar. We're suppose to get the nasty weather tomorrow. I don't mind snow, bring it on. It's the freezing rain that scares me. We are suppose to get up to a quarter inch of ice with the snow, rain, and 35mph winds. Nasty!

I saw several reports on the Amtrak wreck and was appalled by the poor reporting. They called the car that the Amtrak train hit a boxcar. It was a container in a well car. Sad that the media doesn't know what a boxcar looks like. Makes you wonder what else they have reported wrong.

I was relieved to see that there were no life-threatening injuries.

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/1/2007

Wind Chill: 48°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 48°F

So Far Today
High: 53°F
Low: 49°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph E

Today High: 72 Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy. Warmer. Areas of dense fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds around 10 mph.

Good Morning Bill , Jeffrey & all other customers ! Bill the menu looks delicious ! Mark hope all the snow stays in Canada but I think were in for a bit of the mixture freezing rain and snow here in Western New York . High today is a balmy 24 . Gonna go get some shopping done before the weather changes over later today into tomorrow.Tom saw video of the train wreck near Chicago, just thankful that no one was killed. Well gonna go visit some other people so have a nice day all !!!!

Mornin' all!

Well, it's 26 degrees out there right now......up from a brisk 18 earlier! Should be a lovely day!

And you guys can't have that nasty weather until I'm done with it! So there! :D

3763_G.jpg

Today: turning cloudy, rain and sleet / snow mix develops - High: 36
Tonight: rising temperatures, scattered pockets of rain - 7am Temp: 49

I'm up to my eyeballs in schoolwork today. What about you guys?

Back