Coffee Shop Part VIII

it's always cold in London Jim, never go to the place unless i have to, hopefully never again except to fly out to New Zealand...

Steve;

At least you're not back in Dickens day during that time known as the "Little Ice Age", where the Thames routinely froze over and some of the Christmas celebrations took place on the ice!

12-19-2007

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png

Good morning Bill & Gang:

Phillip - hope the Missus recovers quickly from that second round of surgery.

Jeffrey - I must say, for somebody with a fractured foot, you are one active fella! :D

Thanx everyone for all the supportive words regarding my stepmom's late husband. I didn't meet him till I had moved out of my parents' house so this wasn't like losing a Dad (that event occurred 30 years ago), but Jack was a regular "fixture" at all the extended family get-togethers. Always spiced things up with his sardonic wit!

I've been doing little 'patch' jobs on my layout so I might be able to run a few trains in case any of our Christmas party guests want a demo. But it seems like everything I need - such as 1.25" diameter Plastruct tube and Kadee #119 couplers - is not currently in stock at my LHS. ARGHHHHH!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning everyone! Well I want to thank everyone for the enouragement that I got the other day when I was extremely frustrated with my layout. I looked it over last night, and had to re-adjust the height of one of my boards as it was putting a bind from underneath the track, then I re-laid the track. So far I was able to run my 4-8-4 around it three times without a derailment so hopefully that's fixed for good. Now I have one other spot to fix tonight and I should be good to go if it's fixed. Hopefully after Christmas I can start doing scenery, just have to decide on the styrofoam method or the cardboard lattice work method. Well hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning folks

It was 34 F as I pulled out of the driveway this morning. We are on our way to 45 F. It looks like we will be in the 50’s by the weekend. I guess we won’t have a white Christmas this year. Hopefully it won’t rain.

I continued weathering the flat car decks.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Well good morning everyone!

And a fine morning it is!

I guess our weather guesser feels bad for freezing us all this last weekend. Now he's saying that it's going to be warmer then normal for a few days. Then, as icing on the cake, he's calling for a little snow for early next week. Looks like a white Christmas this year!

So the wife is home, and even she says that this surgery wasn't as painful as the last. Thats not to say it was a party, just that it's more tolerable. I saw the work that was done and, while I'm no doctor, it looked good I thought. The repair that they did looked much stronger when they were done. The doc says that this should actually shorten the overall healing time a little. I'm all for that, and so is she!

Well, I suppose I ought to make like I work here!

Later on!

Good morning folks! For those of you that want a white Christmas, you can have some of ours. The difference between our snow, and others, is ours doesn't go away. It may melt a little from the sun, but then it refreezes into a nice, rock hard surface again at night! I hope everyone has a good day. I'm gong through the motions at work. At least the pressure is off!

Good Morning All ! At least it's still morning . went to bed at 4:00 this morning after helping my wife make pierogis. Have to make more today . Phillip glad everything went ok with your wife's surgery . hopefully you can both rest up now. Gotta get going the wife is calling . Will let all you now Polish guys figure out what pierogis are well I go eat my bigos !!

Jeffrey - I must say, for somebody with a fractured foot, you are one active fella! :D
I don't let a little adversity slow me down.

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 12/19/2007

Wind Chill: 62°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 60°F

So Far Today
High: 63°F
Low: 59°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Important Message

Dense fog advisory in effect until 11 AM cst this morning.

Rest Of Today High: 75 Foggy this morning...but becoming partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds becoming south up to 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 60 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then showers and thunderstorms likely after midnight. Some thunderstorms may be severe after midnight. Locally heavy rainfall possible after midnight. Lows around 60. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

P1010002-17.jpg

Yea but man they are good.

You got that right! Used to be a Home and Careers teacher in our Arts Dept. at the middle school who used to make a huge batch of them a couple times a year and bring them in for lunch. Gooooooooooooooooooooood!

It's presently 34°F here in the Finger Lakes and very gray outside. I hope we may have a little of the white stuff left on Christmas as it does just feel right up here in the North country. I have gotten finished with all but one concert for 2007 so the pressure is now of till after Christmas (concert to record on the 27th.). Yeah! Today I am scrambling to get some paperwork done for the Scout units that I have as a Commissioner. I retired early from teaching to get away from the blasted paperwork and now I'm a commissioner.......... Argh!

I started putting up the blue ropelight last night after the middle school band concert. I'll have photos by the weekend if all goes well. That should be the last thing that I need to apply for the Model Railroad Engineer - Electrical certificate (speaking of paperwork.......). Notice I said apply not get. Now I have to prove to the judges that my work is up to the standards set by the NMRA........!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning, everyone.

Phillip, glad to hear that the surgery was successful and not as bad as the first. The repair should make the bone much stronger and the lack of movement should make it heal faster too.

Ken, Jack sounds like he was a pretty good guy. And take heart, at least you have a LHS. I don;t have one for more than 65 miles in any direction so I have to plan ahead and get everything over the net. The, when that one thing your really need is out of stock, your blood pressure really rises. :)

Nick, glad to hear you found at least on of your problems. Keep going over the layout and make sure the base and tracks are absolutely perfect before you start the scenery. I know you want to get on with it but, take if from someone who knows, tearing things up after you've done the scenery is a lot more painful than fixing it when there's nothing there.

Tom, at least it's a little warmer than the North Pole. I always liked a white Christmas when I was a kid but I'll take 50 degrees at my age.

Corey, I remember many a year in Cleveland where there was snow on the ground from November to March. There would be alternating layers of slush and ice, kind f like a mini-glacier. Since I had to shovel it, I got to hate it with a passion. What I would have given back in those days for a snow blower. :D

Jeffrey, glad to see you can at least sit up at the computer. Our weather is warming up like yours - we are already up to 67 degrees. We are hoping for some rain but I think you guys to west of us are going to steal it.

Paul....mmmm....pierogis. It's been a while since I had one of those. I think Cleveland is second only to Chicago for the number of Poles in the US and there were a lot of Polish restaurants. My sister-in-law is Polish so we used eat pierogis and those cabbage rolls all the time. They are tough to find in Alabama.

Ray, you are supposed to do less paperwork when you're retired. I'm sure the Scouts appreciate it though. I never have to worry about NMRA paperwork - I'll never be a Master Anything! I'll be interested to see how your rope light project comes out. I just have track lighting now and I've been thinking about the same kind of thing for night time running sessions.

A sunny, calm, and warm day in Dixie, couldn't ask for better weather. Now, if we can just get some more wind in the next few days to finish blowing all my leaves into the neighbor's yard....;)

Afternoon,

What are Pierogis ???

Must be better than the slop we had at work today, i think that was the same stuff they gave workhouse slaves

If it's polish it has to be delicious! I haven't had very many polish dishes, but wow...... it has all been GREAT ;)

Darn Carey, you must have broken this thread:eek: . Not a post in almost 8 hours. :D

Rex;

This happens all the time but not because its broke....(warning poor joke follows!)

Its because they're so amazed at my knowledge and wisdom they are completely overwhelmed!:eek::p;):rolleyes:

Yeah, and pigs can fly too!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Rex;

This happens all the time but not because its broke....(warning poor joke follows!)

Its because they're so amazed at my knowledge and wisdom they are completely overwhelmed!:eek::p;):rolleyes:

Yeah, and pigs can fly too!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Ooooooooo, Ahhhhhhhhhh! Ooooooooo, Ahhhhhhhhh!

Back