Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening, everyone. I was busy today doing...something...let's see, where did the day go? I did some decaling on my 70 tonner and my Weekly Herald building and that seemed to take up the whole day. Oh, yeah, plus disassembling the 70 tonner to find out why it had a hitch running in reverse. Just a small burr one gear. I'm beginning to think no one ever actually runs these things before they leave the factory.

Phillip, that surgical wound looks like it's in really good shape. I'm glad you're taking care of it yourself - she stands much less of a chance of infection because her body is already used to your flora and fauna. :) Just remember to wash your hands good and practice good sterile technique changing the dressings. Those staple really won't hurt coming out although they look like they should. Just a few cuts with the ($1000) nippers and they slide right out.

OT, I'm glad you're finally going to get the heat pump in so you don't freeze to death.

Rex, I figure this is the year for a blizzard. We've has the two hottest and driest summers on record since I've been here so I fugure a bilzzard is next...or maybe one of those three day ice storms my wife tells me about. I wonder if I can rent out my 4WD if we have one of those? :)

Ray, if there was one thing I learned about presentations is always bring and extension cord and make it twice as long as you think you'll need. That plus an extra bulb for the projector. Nothing worse than doing a presentation by having everyone pull up their chairs around your laptop. :eek:

Very pleasant night here in Dixie and with a temperature of 56 degrees at 11:30 pm. Hoping for some rain tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken Not going to be a "Hire a Hubby" like you said, me and a new friend from england are going to the same town roughly the same time and he wants to do odd jobbing like me so we are going to give it a go together, i have contacts in the "Red hat society" no less,,,lots of 50 plus women with lazy or just knackered hubbys, just the sort of market we want, small jobs round the house and garden plus a bit of car maintenance thrown in, that sort of thing,,, We are "The Odd Job Men"
Yis,,,what a laugh this'll be,

11-18-2007

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Morning everyone, just hoping for some rain myself.

Jim;

I don't look for any type of frozen precip this year.:( We haven't had a measurable snowfall or icestorm since 1998. Then we got 1/2" and it was gone 30 minutes after it fell.

Haven't been feeling well lately so haven't been doing much at all. My BP has been doing summersaults and I think it has even tried out for the local Ballet Company!:( During June thru August, it was too low. Even spent 5 days in the hospital trying to get it back up, now it wants to go too high even with my BP meds. I have one pill that I take when it gets too high, and it does bring the BP back down, but it also puts me to sleep for the duration!:confused: Result is I can't get back to my regular sleep pattern and that is also making me miserable.

I have been doing some work on a Southern wooden caboose and its almost ready to paint.:D I finally finished the end railings, and have applied the "canvas" roof. I now only have left to attach the smokejack, and its bracing, prep it and paint/decal it. Then I get to build 3 more jes' like it.:p

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/18/2007

Wind Chill: 64°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 63°F

So Far Today
High: 64°F
Low: 63°F
Rain: 1.34"
Rain Rate: 0.52"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE

Now through 07:15 AM CST November 18, 2007
High: 72
Through 7 AM...a large area of rain with
a few embedded showers will persist across southeast Texas...and across southwest and central Louisiana. This area will continue its eastward drift. In general...you can expect a moderate rainfall...around 1/2 inch per hour. Except in the vicinity of showers...where a heavy rainfall about 2 inches per hour can be expected..

Today High: 72 Showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the lower 70s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Tonight Low: 58 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

P9150003.jpg

Mornin' all!

Got a busy day today. Some of that business is outdoors, but it's only supposed to hit 47 degrees today. Oh well! Tuesday is supposed to hit 67, but I can't wait till then.

First things first though! Where's my coffee Chloe?

Good Morning All ! looks like a sunny day here today with high near 40 . Looked out my back window and my driveway is covered with leaves . looks like every last one came down overnight off my maple tree. Gonna be a long morning blowing it off. Well work is cut out for me so have to run. you all have a nice day !!!

I came across a post on another forum (I forget which one) in which the poster had said that it must be nice to live down south where there are pine trees and other such non-leaf dropping trees and there isn't much to rake up.

That post screamed that here was a yankee that has never seen a pine tree or even been south of the Mason/Dixon line. Pine trees are horrid to clean up after because they drop all year!
laugh.gif

Morning all!
Jeffery, you are sooooo right. I raked the backyard this past week for the third time and filled 11 leave bags with pine straw. Since then, more has come down and I've yet to blow them off the roof. All of this from just two 4 foot diameter pines.

Forgot to mention that I have two 100 years old water oaks in the front with those little aggrevating leaves. (the lawnmower bagger will eat them up :) )

I don't know, Jim. I hope we do have some snow, as I LOVE it...for a couple of days;) :D .

:) :)

Ray, if there was one thing I learned about presentations is always bring and extension cord and make it twice as long as you think you'll need. That plus an extra bulb for the projector. Nothing worse than doing a presentation by having everyone pull up their chairs around your laptop. :eek:

Amen to that! I was assured that presbytery would have everything already set up...... They are using a computer and projector to go through the docket to save printing several reams of paper for each meeting. They e-mail out the docket to each member of the General Council (of course the average age of the delegates is 75 and most have never used a computer). The fine print coming off the Word document is completely unreadable at 20 feet...... I had also brought every possible needed thing with me (except the extension cord) including my Macbook (pentium) laptop and my own projector, a submixer to go from the laptop into the churches sound system, and a portable sound system to use if that didn't work. What happened, was that the output of the Executive Presbyter's laptop didn't work for some reason even though it played when we tested it (before the extension cord arrived) through the little speakers on her laptop. O well, I heard that many people complimented me on the photos and thought it was a fitting tribute to our retiring Camp Director.

Oh! Afternoon everybody!

Afternoon All ! have to tell you all I live in the North and have a pine tree that drops it's needles in the fall along woth my maple tree. I use to have to clean out my swimming pool every year from that darn tree . But I solved that got rid of the pool . But today I just raked up 20 ,40 quart bags of maple leaves and not done yet . Plus they were wet from snow . My back sure felt it afterword !!!

Morning all!
Jeffery, you are sooooo right. I raked the backyard this past week for the third time and filled 11 leave bags with pine straw. Since then, more has come down and I've yet to blow them off the roof. All of this from just two 4 foot diameter pines.
Consider yourself lucky. I half over 120 trees on a half acre and half of them are pines. White pines, yellom pines, red pines. The rest are a mix of scrub oaks, red oaks, live oaks, sweet gums, magnolias, hollys and a wild red cedar.

"Consider yourself lucky. I half over 120 trees on a half acre and half of them are pines. White pines, yellom pines, red pines. The rest are a mix of scrub oaks, red oaks, live oaks, sweet gums, magnolias, hollys and a wild red cedar."

Love your last two post Jeffery. My dial up is very slow today and no picture to load sure made for a quick review of todays postings. The thing will only connect at 24,000bps. SLLLLOOOOOWWWWW is not to goot.

I know what you mean. I have high speed cable with 3 mb download speed. Right now the network here is so bad that it's running at less than 512 kbps. Somebody at a certain cable company is getting their butt royally chewed tomorrow if it doesn't clear up. I'm not paying high speed prices for slower than @%#&%$ dial-up service.

BTW, if you ever take MucinexD, don't plan on going anywhere. It has a kick like a mule. I took two of them this afternoon (recommended dosage) and I'm still tripping. Man, what a buzz!

.....Love your last two post Jeffery. My dial up is very slow today and no picture to load sure made for a quick review of todays postings. The thing will only connect at 24,000bps. SLLLLOOOOOWWWWW is not to goot.

:) You know, some of us on broadband forget about that. I really think we should come up with an unofficial rule for the "Coffee Shop" to post photos with only thumbnails and use smaller "name/signature whatchamacallits". Really, that is all thats necessary here and then everyone can enjoy the gossip without throwing their computer through the window. :D
What say, everyone?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
:) You know, some of us on broadband forget about that. I really think we should come up with an unofficial rule for the "Coffee Shop" to post photos with only thumbnails and use smaller "name/signature whatchamacallits". Really, that is all thats necessary here and then everyone can enjoy the gossip without throwing their computer through the window. :D
What say, everyone?:confused:

Here here!! Totally agree Rex.

I thought we'd decided this awhile ago.:D

You guys won't believe what I've been doing?????????? Train layout stuff!!
Yep been building part of the reverse loop around the room and over the swing gate, glued the track down tonight ready for cutting the gaps tomorrow night.

Might even post a photo at the weekend.

Back in the not so sore saddle, Ken.

We have weekend photo or what ever out in the main forum if we want to post pics and we can always direct someone out there if they want to see the pics. Makes sense to me. that way if you enter with dial up you know what your heading into. I have thru phone company and want mine back that I had thru cable (went with phone company when first moved here (was such a great deal NOT!!!) lied about monthly bill and all. was supose to be just over $125.00 for direct tv and phone and computor its $60 with tax for Direct TV and phone company is running right at $90 i could get all 3 from one for about $125- $135
Live and learn.

Well, you've probably heard it said before, maybe even by me, but I'll say it again........If you don't like the weather, stick around 5 minutes, it'll change! This is esspecially true here in Indiana! Check out this forecast!

Today: morning clouds & showers ending, afternoon sun & warmer - high: 58
Tonight: mostly clear and mild - low: 53

Not so bad, right? But wait! Here it comes.....the extended outlook!

Tue. - 68, breezy, partly cloudy
Wed. - 58, rain & thunderstorms
Thur. - 38 & snow
Fri. - 40 & partly sunny
Sat. - 38 & rain / sleet / snow mix

Just a little grab bag of everything! I don't think we missed anything, except maybe hot!

Well, the wife is doing better all the time. I have school tonight, so I'm getting everything together for that. My daughter has a friend of hers coming to stay for a week or two from Shreveport, LA. and my son is shootin' hoops! Busy, busy, busy! Oh, and the family turkey day feast is at our house this year since my wife can't go anywhere. We're going to bring her downstairs for the day, but thats about as far as she can go.

For right now though, I'm off to work!

Jeff, hope you're feeling better buddy!

Prayers for all of those in need! (Yeah, thats you too!) (And me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back