Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All ! It's Saturday wow the week sure went by fast . have a wedding to go to today . My nephew is finally tying the not he's 37 so he thinks it's time.Well he's gonna have a white day of it. Snow is falling . We have had an invasion from North of the border. Our Canadian friend's are taking advantage of the weak American dollar. Hope all goea well with Jeffrey there . Don't like to hearabout people in the Hospital. Been ther enough and it is not fun. Well have to get ready for a wedding so you all have a nice day !!!

Mornin' folks!

It's my turn to cook the Tirkey today. Got up about 6:30AM...... Me, I got UP at 6:30AM to get it in the oven. Made tons of my dear departed Grandma's famous stuffing, and then had my morning coffee. Got the rest of the cleaning done, and now I'm ready for a nap! But it's almost time to peal the potatoes. Made the Squash yesterday so that just has to be heated in the oven for the last hour with the turkey. Most everything else is ready and the crowd comes at 1:00.

Spent what little time I had available last night trying to track down the short on the old section of the layout. Fired the system up last night and tried undoing a few things and in about 5 minutes the darned thing came on line. I hooked back up the wiring expecting it to show the short again, but it stayed up. I figured it must have been a stray wire at the terminal strip although I couldn't find anything. Started to clean the track with my 2-6-6-2 pulling the track cleaning car and got about 1.5 times around the mainline when it emerged from a tunnel when the DCS100 beeped 4 times and the short was back. I spent the next 2 hours trying without any success to isolate the durned short and fix it. I think it may be a short piece of piano wire that I cut at the workbench that has found a way to short out the track most likely in the most inacessable place.......

Oh well I can still run trains in the other block.

I too hope that Jeffrey is doing well! Foot surgery doesn't sound good along with the diabetes he has. If anyone finds out any news, I hope they will share it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi again everyone. Today is the state's social event of the year: The Alabama/Auburn game (ESPN 7 p.m.) This may not seem any different than any other rivilary, but it goes on the entire year. It started back in 1907 when the two schools couldn't agree on per diem for the players. The university presidents got into it and both banned the scheduling of the other that went on for 40 years getting very heated at times. Finally, in 1947 the Legislature stepped in a was able to get them talking to each other about playing again in 1949. All this created friction with the fans and was carried on through the generations. Today that still exists, although most don't know why, Ha-ha:D . Silly, but fun! Hope our boys have some heart back into them;they will need it!
ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Alco, it is sweet but a disease;) :D . I remember my exitement with the first sound unit; I rattled the windows. Now that almost all of mine are sound, I run them about 50-60% volume. Love the "life" sound provides:)

Rex, Prattville HS won their quarterfinal game last night. It was cold at the stadium. One more game next week and then to the state championship (we hope) for the second year in a row. That, along with the Iron Bowl today, have pretty much wiped out Thanksgiving and Chrismas until tomorrow around here. :)

Alco, I recently got my first sound locomotive also and it is addictive. I kind of feel like a kid again blowing the horn and ringing the bell. :D

Ray, good luck with the big meal. Sounds liek yuo're making quite a feast. Too bad you live so far away or I'd stop by and get leftovers.

Paul, I'm sure it will be fun at the wedding, especially with the bridal party slipping and sliding in the snow. It snowed on my wedding day in Cleveland and I spent as much time on the ground as I did getting in and out of the church. I think those Canadian's always have it in for us on the border when it comes to exporting their snow. ;)

Ken, beat you to it. I got the tree up and the lights on it yesterday before going to the football game. Now I just have to get the ornaments on and I'll leave it to the wife to clean up after me as I head for the basement.

Steve, I thought it was always raining in England anyway. :eek: You just need one of those underwater cameras and a good rainsuit.

I hope things are working out for Jefferey. I'm even starting to miss his backdrop. :eek:

It was a cold night (for us) with a low of 35 and cloudy today but getting warmer as we get some warm air advection, which we hope will lead to rain over the next several day.

Hi Jim and congratulations to Prattville High. I'm sure glad Hoover fell flat on their butts in the 6A (or what ever division it is now days:rolleyes: ).

Josh, sorry you had to deal get stung by the Black Friday madness, hopefully you can find something in the way of a decent laptop for your wife...
Oh I'll find one, just does not look like I'll be paying $400 for it. Most likely somewhere in the $600 range. Oh well.

Phil the only cable we have is Insight at 49.95 month plus all the other junk you are forced to take to get it.

Last edited:
Good evening folks

I am just getting around to checking on things at 11:15 PM! It has been a busy couple of days. We hit the stores yesterday. We took in only one early Black Friday sale at a local sporting good stores to get my daughter a new basketball backboard set. We wondered the mall for a little while and picked up a few things. Today we spent the day raking leaves and starting the Christmas decorating. We got most of the outside lights up.

Of course all this work has meant no modeling time. Maybe I will get some in tomorrow.

I hope everybody has a good evening.

morning gents, any news about jeffery.

went out on works do last night, we went to a medieval banquet and ate like pigs, no tools except for a knife, fun when the soup came followeed by ribs, chicken and ham salad followed by a whole chicken and taters, i had two BTW, why not, we had free zider and ale to wash it all down, fantastic night, funniest part was the act, the fire eater fell off the stage while performing his fire spitting act, he burned the hair of my mate by accident, no pain for him except for being half bald, that was funny.

11-25-2007

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Mornin' all!

Sorry I haven't been here a lot lately. We have houseguests on and off for the last and the next few weeks.

Cold today, but it sounds like this evening is going to be just lovely!

Today: increasing clouds, afternoon showers south? - high: 45

Tonight: rain arrives, may mix with sleet early - low: 38

Oh, and about Jeff........I understand that the foot issue is not related to the diabetes. Thats good as it would more likely be very serious if it was. I'm not saying it wasn't serious, I mean they don't keep you in the hospital this long for nothing, but maybe it's not as much of a long term issue, I don't know.

Oh well, off to church!

Good Morning Bill & Phillip .! And all! had a nice time at my nephew's wedding yesterday. We just had a trace of snow .It was the cold wind which made up for things. Gonna go see the Trans Siberian Orchestra tonight . Seen them about 5 years ago and they put on a real nice show. Steve good to see you enjoying a bit of Medieval times . I went to one in Toronto , Canada and still get a chuckle out of my wife calling me her Lord .Well gonna go get my morning coffee . You all have a nice day !!

:) Good Morning Steve/Bill/Phil/Paul.:)

A cool morning, but a good rain is expected. We sure need it.

I've been busy the last few days trying to solve a computer problem. I dropped Nortons Security for the free McAfee provided by Comcast. I couldn't get "file sharing" between my two computers to work but one-way only. After one hundred-and-one trips back and forth from the house to the depot following the advice of a McAfee Tech, I solved the problem myself. Instead of aiming at the new software, I went into the Events section of Admin services in XP and found the error. I had a problem with an overloaded IRP Stack in the registry and was able to correct it. I think this computer having a few extras had caused this.
It really cracks me up working with these techs. Once they run out of their scripted replies, they start you all over again with total disregard to what you have already told them. Tell me there isn't any jobs for dummies:D .

Well, hope all of you have a grand day and can squeeze a little modeling in.
REX

Greetings folks. I have a tree in my living room! I'm waiting for the branches to fall. I've been chomping at the bit to buy one. I have a G scale Christmas train to put up that my wife bought for me three years ago. I rekindled my train fun last February, so I hadn't properly enjoyed the tree train. I'll post pictures next weekend. Have a good day.

Sorry I haven't been in here, haven't been feeling so great past few days and last night my wife Pam's father passed. It was a short illness that got him.
Since he was from Mobile, we're going to have the funeral down there later this week, so I will more than likely not be on here for the next week or so.

Carey, sorry to here of your FIL passing. I pray that God would ease the hearts of all those close to him. Also, I'd like to pass along the lyrics to a song that a friend of mine (Bart Millard) wrote when he lost a few people close to him (including his father). I hope they help.

You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now

Help me Lord cause I don't understand your ways
The reason why, I wonder if I'll ever know
But even if you showed me, the hurt would be the same
Cause I'm still here, so far away from home

I close my eyes and I see your face

In Christ, there are no goodbyes
And in Christ, there is no end
So I'll hold onto Jesus with all that I have
To see you again
To see you again

And I close my eyes and I see your face
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
Won't you give me strength to make it through somehow

Good evening all! Been trying to get the short(s)? worked out on the layout. I finally started taking cars and locos off the track and sure enough after taking 2 reefers and my Decapod off the rails at Cooley's Ice house, the power came on and it has been running ever since. I'll post what I found over at the Photo Fun Thread.

Carey, very sorry to hear about your wifes Father! Have a safe trip and may God go with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back