Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning ALL ! Another balmy day here in Buffalo . It's a balmy 34 and gonna get up to drum roll please 37 . Can you beat that . Looks like I can go out and get a bit of a tan . no really juts another fall day here. Last night put togwther a Athern 50 foot gondola . And a few other things on the railroad . have to get going so you all have a great day !

Afternoon, all. It's a nice day here in Dixie. We did get a whopping .32 inches of rain Wednesday night. The ground here is so dry that it just ran right off - my lawn is still like concrete driveway. It a nice, sunny day today, cooler for us, which means it's only 68. That's right at the edge of balmy for us. :D My oak trees have produced a prodigious crop of acorns this years. There are literally acorns and shells covering the lawns. I have no idea what, if anything , this portends but there are a lot of happy squirrels running around.

Phillip, glad to hear the wife is home and doing reasonably well. We used to have to dose people up with a lot of morphine when they were having heart attacks or had severe traumatic injuries and I heard a lot of strange things from people who were doped up. We had one guy with a hip fracture from a fall over a 30 foot cliff that we gave 200 mg of morphine to control his pain. We were transporting him by helicopter and the entire time he insisted he was on a Greyhound bus and had missed his stop. :)

Tom, sounds like life can get frustrating at time when you're trying to work and do all those good volunteer things but it will be worth it 30 years from now when you think back about the good things you did in life. 30 years from now is probably when you'll actually have enough time to get that farm house area done too. :eek:

Nick, good luck on the term paper. Thank goodness those days are behind me now.

Maxi, I hope that layout doesn't belong to anyone here. That's one of the worst spaghetti bowl layouts I've ever seen. Nothing but sharp curves and tracks going everywhere. I wonder what that guy had in mind?

At least the stock market is only slightly tanking today. I'm getting more than a little nervous about where we're headed, especially since I'm retired and my investments are all I have to live on. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray It may be thick chunks of cloud falling down, whats the name of that white stuff,,, we don't see much here.

Today was a roaring success as we raised hundreds of pounds for charity, won't know the total but it's going to be a lot by monday, i won a big tin of chocolates, so i'm off to get fat now
later folks

11-17-2007

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/17/2007

Wind Chill: 48°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 47°F

So Far Today
High: 50°F
Low: 48°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph SSE

Today: High: 75 Partly sunny. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight: Low: 58 Mostly cloudy with chance of rain showers and isolated thunderstorms. Warmer. Lows in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

P1010002-22.jpg

Good morning coffee clubbers,

It's somewhat quiet here in the Mid 'Lantic after the wind storms of Thursday/Friday. The first honey-do on my list is to replace the latch on the shed; after "settling" for so many years, the two sides were barely connecting, and a gust of wind finally overpowered it and yanked one of the doors around so hard that it nearly ripped out the front wall :eek: I couldn't even keep the two doors shut, but luckily I have this old dead lawn tractor that hasn't been carted-off yet - I was able to push that in front of the doors to prevent them from being forced open again.

For the first time in a long time, I hope to get some actual modeling done today: I have 8 Atlas Trainman PS2 2-bay covered hoppers that cannot be used for my contemporary modeling era (too small), so I plan on sacrificing 4 of these to make the remaining 4 a foot taller. I know that Athearn will be releasing their own version of a PS2 2600 cubic-foot model soon, but at $23 apiece, that's too rich for my blood!

Steve - kudos on the charity fundraiser!

Ray - Whenever the teensiest bit of snowfall occurs here, everybody rushes like lemmings to the supermarkets to stock up on the "necessities".

Have a great day!

Good Morning Bill , Luct , Jeffrey & Ken , Another glorius day here on the Niagara Frontier . High today is suppose to be 39 and it was 29 overnight . Boy just getting warmed up. Gonna go and get the paper and cup of coffee so all have a wonderful day !!!!!

Good Morning Bill , Luct , Jeffrey, Ken, Paul.

If they would forecast 1 inch of the white stuff here, people would not only buy "milk and bread" staples, but also generators, batteries, candles, survival gear, emergency radios, HumVees, and maybe even sled dogs. :D :D Really a crazy thing to witness.

Good morning folks. It's snowing here in the upper Midwest. I'll take it! This time of year I actually like snow. Ask me how much I like it in February and you'll get a different answer! Snow and 35 degrees fine, snow and 10 below is not so fine. After work , I'm off to continue remodeling my mothers new home. Well, new to her. Unfortunately, this never ending project consumes two to three weekends a month. Good thing I only have a four by eight. These room filling monsters some of you build would never make any progress in my house. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Ouch!!! That's gotta hurt Philip.

Just had some minor surgery myself (snip snip) boy o boy wheres that bag of frozen peas??

Ken.

Afternoon everyone!

Did the presentation at presbytery this morning. We couldn't get the sound to work from the Executive Presbyter's laptop. If I had brought an extension cord with me I am sure we could have got the sound working somehow, but the 20 minutes it took for them to find one for us took all the available time we had for set up...... Oh well they liked the slideshow anyway.

Philip, glad your wife is on the mend! She will be up and around in no time, so treat her nice while she can't catch up with you.

Ken M, if you had the procedure I think you had (the one where you will be walking funny for the next two weeks), I had it 30+ years ago. Another teacher at the elementary school where I worked had it two weeks before I did. Of course all his students wanted to know why he was walking funny. He just sidestepped the question and changed the subject every time they would ask. After my "operation" I was walking exactly the same way he was. I overheard the following conversation between two 6th graders. "Ya know, whatever was wrong with Mr. Quinn last week, I think Mr. Howard's got it now......." Have a short recovery!

Philip ouch, not nice,,, they gotta come out though, this won't be nice,,,Ken bet you didn't get stapled like that, LOL still stings a bit though dosn't it,,, did you have a jab or two to numb the pain or have it done without like i did, (was having allergy type reactions to local 's at the time) felt like my entire digestive tract was being torn out with a tractor.
Best bit is the weeks after the op cleaning out the system before going back for a test,,, he he he

Oh yes, started the new modular layout, going to have three 4' X 2' modules which will stack up for transport to the new home in Tauranga - Welcome Bay area. but in the meantime gotta buy buy buy more rolling stock, don't want to get there short of stuff

google earth

37°43'16.19"S 176°11'36.37"E

Steve, I've been meaning to reply to your email, just so darn busy with the garden n things.

Don't get a Hire a Hubby franchise it's just as easy to set something up for yourself. I had one back in 1999 couldn't get enough work still had fees to pay and lots of free quotes!! I ended up bust!! Cost me $25,000 and all I've got left is the rotary mower.

hey steve . those staples dont hurt a BIT when they take them out. i fell four years ago and broke my elbow in four places, and five surguires later, i have almost full use of my arm again. except for the hurendous arthritis and now the cold weather really tweak it out. anyway the basement remoldeling isnt going well, but i did get the new doorway to the outside installed today and the heat pump is finally done. i have to finish removing a chiminey and some other things they poured the floor around and patch it up. hopefully with the thanksgiving holliday i can maybe start framming but then were going outa the country the first week of december. the wife's idea for vacation is to go away, my idea is to stay home, turn off the cell phone unhook the other phone and go down to the basement, ohh yeah, preferably send her some where else!

Pc Oldtrail is right when I got mine out a year ago it didn't hurt (remember I had a difibrillator put in. anyway it was 11 ofthem but glad your misses is doing better befor long she'll be up and chasing you slowly at first but she'll get back to herself.

Yeah RT, I remember that. Personally, I hope she is chasing me away soon! Means she's better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back