Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning ! Bill & jeffrey , Another beautiful day here on the Niagara Frontier . High near 54 and Sunny can't beat that . you guys should have seen Niagara falls this past weekend , they had both falls. the American And Canadian one lit up with red Lights in Honor of our veterans it was quite a sight !!! Well gotta go and sweep up more leaves so you all a have a wonderful day ! rex Happy Belated Birthday to your Mother . My wife's gandmother lived to 104 and probably would be still going if she didn't fall and break her hip. You have to watch their balance when they get up there in age .

Good morning folks

It was 48 F and raining as I headed out this morning. Our high is supposed to be 64 F. It looks like we are going to get unseasonably mild again for a couple of days.

A night of rest and some medication and I feel a lot better today.

Been a crazy day at work so far. I think I have spent all morning putting out fires and throwing hand grenades. I just wish people would look up. When you move a road the utility poles have to move and they can cause more impacts to people’s property then the roadwork. I just had a designer agree to do a redesign for a one foot impact, the only problem is doing so may cause the utility poles to relocate further and create a bigger impact. So the one foot reduction causes a ten foot impact instead of leaving things as designed with a two foot impact.

No modeling last night. We have Cub Scout Roundtable tonight.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Afternoon everybody! Just getting the Puter turned on today. I've been over to church doing wiring for the new sound system. Filly got the junction boxes in place and the wires from the mic input snake pulled into the new box. Unfortuately even with a splice, the old wiring that we had wouldn't reach the new boxes for the returns to the amps and hearing assist equipment. So I have to come with another option on that one. I have an idea that would work just need to check with the proerties committee chair first. Now I have to get ready to go to a Science and Tech committee meeting for Scouts and then I can come home and work on the Powerpoint presentation I need to have done by yesterday....... (well, I want to get it done by Tomorrow night so I can run it at the Presbytery Camp Program Comittee meeting Thursday morning.) It is a remembrance for our camp director who has resigned to take a new job. He will be honored for his work this Saturday at a Presbytery meeting.

Good Afternoon everyone. Beautiful day today.

My order from Hump Yard arrived today. I feel like a little kid on Christmas. I'll be able to run trains and switch and stuff.

Installed%20from%20under.jpg

Well, I went and did it!

I bought a camera!

I got just way too good of a deal to pass up, and I've been waiting for this one camera to hit the stores, but it keeps getting delayed.

I ended up getting a Canon Powershot S3 IS for $230 brand new. I also picked up a 2 gig memory card, a nice 3 legged tripod, a nice single legged stand, two new camera cases (a large carry all and a small grab and go), and Roxio Photosuite 10 (editing software). All in all, about 4 bills.

Now I need to pick up the telephoto and wide angle lenses..........oh, and I need to figure out how to use the thing!

Nice. Does that mean we might get to see a few shots of your layout?

OK, for all those interested, the Mrs. is going to be OK. Her surgery went pretty well today. She had a bit of trouble there for a while, but she pulled through. The Great Physician (thats God) was really watching out for her today! She had some tendon work done, her kneecap moved, her kneecap scraped and arthritis removed, and they cut part of her femer bone out and moved it to a better postion, drilled it with two holes, and then two titanium screws put in to hold it all together. Needless to say, she was in a lot of pain until the morphine drip kicked in! After that, as long as she stayed still she was a pretty happy, even loopy, camper. She's had dinner and is all tucked in now.

THANK YOU GOD!

Nice. Does that mean we might get to see a few shots of your layout?

Yeah, but it's going to be a little bit as I'm playing nursemaid for the next few weeks. I'll get some good shots soon though.

I know about the nurse-maid part. I had to help my mother get through her recovery and physical therapy periods after her knee replacement surgery.

Phillip - Glad to hear that!:cool:

My wife's out of town until the afternoon of Nov 17, but thanx to good planning on her part, I won't have to do too many MrMom type activities. One of my daughters has her 12th birthday on Saturday though so I'll need to make preparations for that.

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446 11/14/2007

Wind Chill: 70°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 67°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph SSW

Today High: 85 Partly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the mid 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Cooler. Lows in the lower 50s. West winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the north after midnight.

=============================================
Here's an odd-ball SD40-2 I'm currently working on.

P1010004-12.jpg

Good morning folks

There is a dense fog over most of the area this morning. It was 45 F with little visibility when I left this morning. Our high is supposed to be 63 F. The S-word is in the forecast for Thursday and Friday.

This morning drive was a pure nightmare. Due to the fog all the major roads were gridlocked. I had to bushwhack my way in. My normal 45 minute commute doubled in time.

Great news Phillip!

No modeling last night. We attended our District Cub Scout Roundtable. We received awards for the recent Cub Scout Fitness Day. Our pack came in first in the Cub Scout Den portion, and we came in first overall as a pack.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good Morning All ! Phillip really happy that your wife's surgery went ok. it's a bit damp outside but warm suppose to make it up to 58 . Wow tropical heat wave. gotta go get some more leaves to the curb so off it is to rake some more. You all have a great day !!!!

Afternoon, everyone. I've been busy the past few days so I've missed getting my coffee and donuts. :)

Phillip, that's great news about your wife. Thank goodness for good doctors and morphine. I hope she's up and feeling fine soon.

Rex, happy belated birthday to your Momma.

Ray and Tom, that's great work you do with the Cub Scouts. I have many fond memories of my days as a scout. I made it to Life Scout and was 5 merit badges away from Eagle when I discovered girls and cars. :) Ray, we used to get that kind of dense fog in the SF Bay Area all the time. Imagine you're driving on the freeway with about 25 feet visibility and everyone still wants to go 70!

Chip, you now have a real interlocking device in HO scale? Cool.

Jeffrey, what is that SD-40? It obviously has a GE cab. Is there a prototype for that or is it a wreck repair for your railroad?

The weather here has been beautiful with nothing but sunny days and highs near 80. We are supposed to get some rain tonight, which we need desperately, but I'm not betting the mortgage on it. I spent the last two days putting up a background around the layout. 32 feet of Walthers Scenic Horizons in all and, except for not measuring correctly, not cutting correctly, the glue not holding very well on the radius corners, and knocking over half the stuff on one end of the layout getting it up, it went fine. :) I won't say it's beautiful but it's better than green concrete block as a background. We had some folks over for dinner last night so I got a chance to show off the train. One of the things that got knocked loose was a streetlight on the highway overpass. No problem, a little superglue will fix it. Moved it about 1 mm and then got a dead short on all 59 streetlights. :( This was about an hour before dinner, naturally. Finally traced it to one light way down the road that had a bare spot in the insulation and that one tiny movement was enough to cause the short. Never fails that something like this happens just before you're getting ready to show people the good work you've done.

Afternoon everyone!

Philip, so glad your wifes surgery went well! Hope she will be back up and around soon.

I've spent most of the day so far down at church soldering the connections for the inputs to the sound board (permanent installation). I have even less respect for the idiots that originally wired the mike snake in 18 years ago. several of the inputs don't work at all meaning the wiring is bad up by the choir and another had the hot wire on the wrong lead. (On XLR, black should always be hot and wired to pin #3. On one of the leads black was wired to pin #2.) I wonder why the company went out of business????? Luckily I have a cable tedter and could figure out what was wrong.

I have to finish up a major Powerpoint presentation tonight so it can previewed at the Program Committee meeting tomorrow morning. I best get to work!

Jeffrey, what is that SD-40? It obviously has a GE cab. Is there a prototype for that or is it a wreck repair for your railroad?
You guessed it the first time around. It is a repaired wreck. When it comes to repairing older locos some shops will use whatever is laying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back