Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Steve and all!
Just finished lunch and now it is time to put two of the wife's trellises in the ground. I got two of the four holes dug:eek: :eek: and man did my shoulders hurt this morning. Going through tree roots with a post-hole digger is not fun. Besides that, post-hole diggers and me have never got along:mad: .:D :D
I hope to get back to the layout later and finish up some minor trackwork. I am going to have a small op session Sunday, so I need to start cleaning and testing the works.
:) Hope everyone's day started with a smile!:)

Hi everyone. Flo, a Coke and a smile please...

Glad to hear you're coming around on the cold thing Josh. There's a lot of that stuff going around.

Rex, you need to hire out the manual labor. Isn't post hole digging one of those jobs Georgie says Americans don't want to do? :D

We're headed to Denver on the company bird tomorrow. It'll be a quick trip (2 days), but will be good to see the Grande's old stomping grounds again. LGM has never seen it... He'll be wearing his Canon XT out!

Just stopped by before closing to check in. Josh, I hope that cold is getting better. Rex, I hate post hole diggers too. I seem to smash my fingers for every foot of hole.

Working on my little range of hills and trees today in between a haircut and various honey-do's. I've also starrt a control stand for the layout and am wiring everything to the proper terminal blocks with labels and everything. Maybe for the first time in my modeling career, I'll know where all those wires go. :) I've got five locomotives running on DCC now with two more in the shop. Man, DCC is such a dream compared to wiring blocks and throwing toggle switches constantly.

We were supposed to get rain today but, of course, it missed us and we got sunny skies with a high of 96. Rex, it looks like Tuscaloosa is getting some rain right now on radar so stop stealing our rain down here. :)

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

10-18-07

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good morning folks

It looks like the humidity has returned along with the unseasonable warm temperatures. It was 62 F this morning. We are expecting a high of 79 F. As the day progress the chance of showers increases. By tomorrow night we are supposed to have thunderstorms. That does not bode well with a Scout trip we have planned for tomorrow night which involves a hayride.

No modeling last night. We had Cub Scouts.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/18/2007

Heat Index: 85°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 75°F

So Far Today
High: 79°F
Low: 76°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 20mph SSW

Today High: 92 Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 62 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the lower 60s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northwest after midnight.

P1010010-1.jpg

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Tom!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Possibility of a few showers with a high around 73°F here in the Finger Lakes today. Got to finish printing out some fund raising materials today and get some contracts ready to mail out. Might actually work on some lighting on the layout as well.

Have a good one!

Good Morning from the Niagara Frontier ! Nice morning but I guess were expecting showers later . So gott get going on some yard work. Quick cup of coffee flo and off I'll be. Rex can remember post hole digging duties.Really tough on the whole body ! Take it easy . well have a nice day all !!!

Morning All! Let me have the breakfast special, I'm hungry!

It's Raining!

Rex, I'll bet those post holes will dig better tomorrow! Oh, I'll bet your done. That darn rain has lousy timimg!:D :D :D

LOL Glenn, we have only had 0.12" of rain so far. It looks like it may build up some more this afternoon. I sure hope so, as everything is a tenderbox.

REX You need the post hole rental machine we have at the True Value. I have seen it dig holes in ground that a shovel bounces off of here at the store. They had to haul in over 50 loads of fill here and it is fll of rocks and dirt that is as hard as concrete.

I rented a one person post hole auger. It is Not a one person machine. We were trying to dig holes in my mothers back yard. When they built the house, they used crushed concrete to fill the back yard. Every once in a while you would encounter a football size chunk of concrete. The auger would get caught on the concrete and send one of us flying! Fun was had by all!

Good day, everyone. We had RAIN today also...a whopping .31 inches so far but maybe we'll get some more. My backyard is still hard as rock. Even the armadillos have given up trying to root around in it. :)

We're going up to the Sloss Furnace haunted house in Birmingham tonight. I've wanted to see the Sloss Furnace anyway but I'll guess I'll have to dodge the skeletons and such tonight.

Some ponderings............................

A stitch in time saves nine what?

After eating, do amphibians have to wait one hour before getting out of the water?

After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?

Are you breaking the law if you drive past those road signs that say "Do Not Pass"?

Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Crime doesn't pay... does that mean my job is a crime?

Do clowns wear really big socks?

Do crematoriums give discounts to burn victims?

Do fish get thirsty?

Do people in Australia call the rest of the world 'up over'?

Do pilots take crash-courses?

Do Roman paramedics refer to IV's as "4's"?

Do vampires get AIDS?

Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Do you need a silencer if you are going to shoot a mime?

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for ID that he just whipped out a quarter?

Does a man-eating shark eat women, too?

Does killing time damage eternity?

Ever notice how irons have a setting for "permanent" press? I don't get it.

Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

How can someone "draw a blank"?

How come wrong numbers are never busy?

How did the man who invented cottage cheese know he was done?

How do you throw away a garbage can?

How do you write zero in Roman numerals?

How does a person with a lisp pronounce that word?

How does the guy who drives the snowplow get to work in the mornings?

If a jogger runs at the speed of sound, can he still hear his Walkman?

If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?

If all the nations in the world are in debt, where did all the money go?

If Barbie's so popular, why do you have to buy all her friends?

If corn oil is made from corn, what is baby oil made from?

If crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?

If I melt dry ice, can I take a bath without getting wet?

If man evolved from apes why do we still have apes?

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

If our knees were on the backs of our legs, what would chairs look like?

If the product says "Do not use if seal is broken", how are you supposed to open it and use it?

If white wine goes with fish, do white grapes go with sushi?

If work is so terrific, how come they have to pay you to do it?

If you ate pasta and antipasta, would you still be hungry?

If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?

If you tied buttered toast to the back of a cat and dropped it from a height, what would happen?

If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens when you turn on the headlights?

Now that Microsoft is so big, should it be called Macrosoft?

You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes? Why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance?

Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?

Why is it that bullets ricochet off of Superman's chest, but he ducks when the gun is thrown at him?

Why is it considered necessary to nail down the lid of a coffin?

Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?

Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?

Why does Donald Duck wear a towel when he comes out of the shower, when he doesn't usually wear any pants?

Why do you need an appointment to see a psychic?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

Why do tourists go to the top of tall buildings and then put money in telescopes so they can see things on the ground in close-up?

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

Why do they call it life insurance?

Why do the signs that say "Slow Children" have a picture of a running child?

Why can't you make another word using all the letters in "anagram"?

Who opened that first 'oyster' and said "My, my, my. Now doesn't 'this' look yummy!"

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink whatever comes out?"

Who was the first person to see an egg come from a chicken's butt and think, "I'll bet that would be good to eat?

When they first invented the clock, how did they know what time it was to set it to?

When cows laugh, does milk come out of their noses?

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Can fat people go skinny dipping, or do they just go chunky dunk?

And most important of all....................

What happens if you get scared half to death, ...twice?

Maybe I've had too much coffee?

:D Phillip those things are hilarious.:D

Larry/Corey: a couple of years ago my neighbor and I wanted to fence in our places at the river. We first rented a "two very big men" auger digger for the job. After being beat to death by hitting rocks and roots the auger tore up. We took it back to the rental place and rented a hole digger made by Honda. The motor rested on the ground and a large twist type cable acted as a shaft driving the hand held auger through gearing (kind of like a weed wacker). It was light, one man could control it easily, and because of clutching it never jerked the ..... out of you. You could dig holes in about a minute with it. Cost a bit more to rent, but man it did the job.;) :)

WE got Rain!!! They said there was .87" of rain so far this month at the airport, but who lives at the airport?:D I've gotten more at my house but not alot. Looks like we're gonna get a lot more! I'm mostly watching the weather now as there are tornado warnings to the SW of us and the storms are headed this way. They've interupted "regular programming" to cover the storms. The TV stations do this everytime there is a tornado warning in their market area. Some folks don't like it. :eek: I think it should be done.

Jim;

Be careful coming to B'ham tonight! Don't want anything to happen to ya if the storms come in the same time you do. :)

Whoa Boy! Those storms are knocking at my door. I hope the tornado warnings don't move into T-town area. The rain, the more the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back