Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where you boys from?
ALABAMA SIR!
Are you twins?
No sir, we are not relations.

Sorry, I never realized how many of you are from Alabama.

There be a bunch of us here!;)

Southern be birth, Alabamian by the Grace of God!:D:D

Rex;

The storm with the rotation in it, (poss. Tornado), appears to intensifing! Be Careful!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The storm weakened at about the county line, so we are (sort of) in the clear. We had a lot of good rain and wind, but nothing too bad. Still a tornado watch until 11pm.

Carey, you guys are next in a few hours.

Radar indicates the storm is down to a mild shower! Can't tell if its gonna stay together to get here or not. We're supposed to get a large squall line thru here 'bout midnight, from cold front coming thru.

Darn, where is everyone? Hello! Hello! Is anyone there?

Steve, a TV game show (Wheel of Fortune) just tried to give away a FREE trip to NZealand. They showed some beautiful pictures.

Rex I rented one of those type of diggers and dug 15 holes in about an hour. Luckily I had a friend over to help because even though it dug fast it was still a pretty big job and we were both tired when we finished. Then I rented a concrete mixer and filled all 15 holes with one of those paper concrete tubes and filled it with concrete. My yard shed sits on those 15 pillars with treated 6x6,s and 2x6 16" on center floor joists. I knew my Kubota was gong in the shed so I built it to make sure it did not fall through the floor.

Tornado warnings out for north central Indiana also till midnight. We got a heavy rain this morning as I was leaving Bob Evans. I had me a good ole biscuit and gravy breakfast and driving home I had water running dripping down my back off of my hair. Warm temps but the rains sure felt cold.

Hey Philip, I was just thinking and laughing again about your list and this is one I know about, "How do you throw a garbage can away?"

Well, sometime back I tried to throw one away for the trash/junk pickup (garbage pickup wouldn't handle it)and it wasn't until the third time (weeks) that they picked it up. It had a wheel gone, handle was broke, and cracked down the side, but I had to stand out there and meet them when they came by and say it was ok. Darnest thing to get rid of!:D :D :D

Well, just sitting here watching the storms come closer. The entire line looks real impressive. They've got some severe weather warnings out for NW Alabama. No tornadoes yet.The line extends north thru TN, thru NW AL, down thru MS from Tupelo to Natchez and then over toward Alexandria LA. Hope we don't have any tornadoes. We are under a tornado watch until 6am. There's a small storm down by Rex's place, looks rather intense in and of itself. Just heard the first rumble of thunder!:eek: Just chec ked the dobbler radar, and that storm that was near Rex's 30 mins ago is getting close to my part of Hoover. Main storms still back on Al/MS line. but appeared to have sped up from earlier. Gonna be a wild night, with no booze, broads or drugs involved.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

G'night!

Last edited by a moderator:
Went up to Birmingham tonight for the Sloss Frunace Fright Factory thing wth my wife and daughter. Scared the pants offf them but I thought it was pretty hokey. OTOH, I've had lots of experience with my own fright houses when we'd get a burglary in progress call at 3 am and roll up and see someone with a flashlight in the dwelling. Now that will get the old adrenaline pumping. :)

Not a drop of rain of a flash of lightning all the way to Birimingham and back. Picked up another whopping .04 inches of rain while we were gone. South of us has been getting hammered all day but our rain shield is holding. :( Carey, unless the atmosphere gets a lot more unstable, I don't think you and Rex are going to get anything more than some rain and maybe a little wind from these storms. The biggest storm currently being tracked has a top of only 24,000 feet and all the others are less than 20,000 feet. That, combined with the decrease in lightning activity and the lack of any atmospheric forcing, should limit the storms to mainly just some much needed rain...I hope. I still wouldn't switch off the weather radio though. Alabama night time storms can do some strange things.

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

10-19-07

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/19/2007

Wind Chill: 56°F
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 52°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 56°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph N

Today High: 85 Sunny. Highs in the mid 80s. North winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Clear...cooler. Lows in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds.

newwal1.jpg

Good Morning Bill & Jeffrey !! Raining outside and boy it's warm for here suppose to get up to 72 which is i degree off the record set in 1961 .Some thunderstorms and high winds heading our way also but not as bad as down in Pensicola . Well off to the store so hope everyone has a nice day !!!

Good morning folks

The humidity and unseasonably warm temperatures have returned with a vengeance. I drove in everything from a drizzle to shower on the way to work this morning. The temperature on the way in was 73 F with 90% humidity. The high today is supposed to be 76 F with thunderstorms especially in the afternoon and evening. I guess that will kill our Cub Scout hayride tonight. We really need the rain, however.

I cleaned up a few things on the layout and put some stuff away. I also began looking over the pile to see what I can get into next.

This weekend is the story of one crazy day and one not so crazy. Tonight we are supposed to have a Cub Scout Autumn Moon Hayride but it is beginning look like the rain will cancel it. Saturday begins with my son selling Cub Scout popcorn at a local drug store. While he is doing that my daughter has basketball practice. After the basketball and popcorn my son has his homecoming game against the Chester Panthers. Then we have the Cub Scout Halloween Evening at the Boy Scout reservation. Sunday we have nothing planned.

Depending on my physical condition I would like to start adding some details to the Farm House Area. Also I need to look through the pile on the work bench and plan the next couple of projects.

I hope everybody has a good day.

...Carey, unless the atmosphere gets a lot more unstable, I don't think you and Rex are going to get anything more than some rain and maybe a little wind from these storms. The biggest storm currently being tracked has a top of only 24,000 feet and all the others are less than 20,000 feet. That, combined with the decrease in lightning activity and the lack of any atmospheric forcing, should limit the storms to mainly just some much needed rain...I hope. I still wouldn't switch off the weather radio though. Alabama night time storms can do some strange things.

Jim;

Glad you had a safe trip up here, and that your family enjoyed themselves!:D

Yeah, storms here can be strange, but we really don't pay attention to cloud heights except during the summer, where they can get to 40-50 thousand feet if not higher. Its the low ceiling storms that will fool ya. Over in Starkville, Ms yesterday they had a tornado come out of a storm and do damage in SE Starkville. That storm on radar showed NO severe potential whatsoever. :confused: Surprised everyone.The pictures on the TV of the tornado were impressive! Classic funnel. That is unusual in and of itself as most tornadoes here are rain wrapped, and can't be seen.

We're about to enter our "second" tornado season here. Due to the seasons changing, late Oct thru to early Dec, this often provides us with storms just as bad if not worse during the spring season. :mad: This time of year gives just as many EF2-3s as the spring season. I could be wrong but I think EF4-5's are more prevalent in the spring. Even one of those is one too many!

Mornin' Everyone!

Tom, Is that Treasure Island Scout Reservation you are going to? Supposed to be a great camp. I haven't been there myself but have heard a lot about the place (I'm a Vigil Member of the Order of the Arrow). Back in the late 70's I was Camp Director at Camp Brulé in Sullivan County, PA and a few years ago took Camp School training at Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation outside of Reading, PA. PA has some great places to camp and much to see!

Mornin' Everyone!

Tom, Is that Treasure Island Scout Reservation you are going to? Supposed to be a great camp. I haven't been there myself but have heard a lot about the place (I'm a Vigil Member of the Order of the Arrow). Back in the late 70's I was Camp Director at Camp Brulé in Sullivan County, PA and a few years ago took Camp School training at Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation outside of Reading, PA. PA has some great places to camp and much to see!

Sweet O A members, I'm part of the Ah Ska lodge out of Oklahoma, did you ever go to the National Jamboree??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back