Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' all.

Jez coffee fer me Flo!

Been reading and keeping up wit' whats been going on here past few weeks and finally I'm able to start being a little more active. A couple of guys and I are planning to visit Rex tomorrow. Should be great fun!:D

I went over there a few weeks ago, and I think it was a little too soon to be that active as I wound up having a minor set back. Took a few days to recover from it. (Either that or I was just overwhelmed by the layout, again!):rolleyes:

I have been going thru some of my pix I took down in my hometown of Selma recently. Selma has a fascinating RR history. I hope to be telling some of that history later.

Well, thanx for the coffee there Flo, and I'll be talking wit' yall later!:)

Glad to hear you're back up and running CJ! I'm looking forward to a report on the latest happenings at Rex's house and seeing your Selma pics.

I got a big surprise today. My son wants to go on a road trip and watch trains. Heading down to the NS main. I'll see if they will stop and pose...

...maybe if I set the tripod on the track.

(!&($*%& Foamers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi coffee shop gang! Just taking a short break from trying to clean up the Depot a little. With Carey and others coming over tomorrow, I didn't want anyone tripping over the culls from work projects.

It's another big football weekend here in T-town with Arkansas coming to play at 5:45 (TV ESPN). I wouldn't dare leave the house today. It is hard enough driving safely in this town during the week with all the college kids. (I honestly find it easier to drive in Atlanta or New Orleans than here.) I think they use Nascar drivers for teachers of Drivers Education in Alabama. On second thought, it would be safer if they did.:D

:) Have a great weekend!:)

Afternoon all
how ya'll doing
carey good to see you back sir, how ya'll doing

what a night, the boys found some black paper threw it in the bath, then twirled it round for a laugh,,, result, black ink on the wall's, cabinets, everywhere in fact,,, what a job cleaning that lot up with acetone, bl**dy wall's need re painting, floor needs re doing, Aggggghhhhhhh

apart from that a good day

Steve all of that work and trying to get ready for NZ at the same time, you poor thing I feel for you but can't quite reach you. LOL LOL LOL

CJ,

Glad you're finally feeling better! You can go 45 miles to T'town, but can't make the 35 to Odenville.:confused:

The steel city division is suppose to come for an ops session next Sat. Since you are going to Rex's, I'll expect to see you!:p

Rex,

Hope trains go better tomorrow than the football game is going. Late 4th quarter and it doesn't look good for the home team.
Alabama pulls it out with 8 seconds left. Roll Tide!

Glenn

"Roll Tide Roll"

YaaaaaHoooooo! I can't believe we pulled it off, BAMA 41- Arkansas 38 What a game! Almost too much for me to play...uh... watch:eek: :D :D Lots of partying tonight in T-Town!

Did more ballasting today. Right now it's still wet, so it looks gray and dull. Tomorrow I'll take more pics, when it's dry.

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010009.jpg

Afternoon all
how ya'll doing
carey good to see you back sir, how ya'll doing

Steve;

Right now, feeling pretty good. I hope it lasts.:)

Its 0400 Sunday morning, and I haven't been able to calm down or sleep from ALL the excellent games today.:D I really can't believe it! Auburn lost to Miss. State, in the final minute,:eek: (my daughter spent 2.5 yrs there). Miss. St. hasn't had a good football team since before Jackie Sherrill left. Kentucky beat Louisville, again in the final minute!:eek: Vanderbilt beat Ole' Miss, (University of Miss).:eek: (The teams underlined have been considered pushovers for the other teams in the SEC conference for years.

And after a rocket start to the game, Alabama beat Arkansas, IN THE FINAL MINUTE!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an aside, a friend of mine sent me this pic. (I think its a little early yet!;))
If anyone is offended, please accept my apologies, but this is the way the more rabid Bama Fans feel!:D

Bama is one of the few schools, (if not the only school :p), where a coach, (I'm not naming names, but the initials are Bill Curry), can have an 11 & 1 season,:eek: and it still be considered a bad enough season to get fired over! Go figure.:rolleyes:

Glad to hear you're back up and running CJ! I'm looking forward to a report on the latest happenings at Rex's house and seeing your Selma pics.

Eric;

I have many pics, some maps and other diagrams to use but, choosing how to tell the RR story of Selma is proving very difficult. Many, and I mean many, of the tracks, facilities, structures, etc, disappeared while I was growing up there and on into college. Not having a camera to document the changes as I was growing up, is something I deeply regret.

I will do my best to tell the story using what I have and what I have been digging up on the web, to show some of what happened there over the years. Attached are a couple of "teasers" I took back in April. Except for the size, these are shots straight out of the camera, and haven't been "shopped" to bring out detail, etc....

Glenn;

I hope to be there if I can find a driver. Dr says I still can't drive, and its getting hard to find someone who is willing to cart my F** A** around, when I need.:D

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' CJ!

Sound system at church worked great yesterday. I get to run it again this morning. So, I better get moving and get ready. See you later. Oh Flo, Coffee to go and one of those doughnuts that Bill brought in this morning. Thanks!

Hi Jeffrey, what material do you use for your ballast?
I use fine gray talus from Woodland Scenics. I usually use fine ballast, but it looks too much like sand. The fine talus is about the same size as medium ballast and costs a little less. It's also more interesting to look at.

Good morning.

We're getting a little break on the temperature today. It's only supposed to go up to 88. But worry not, it will be back in the 90's by Tuesday.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/16/2007

Wind Chill: 63°F
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 52°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 63°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph ENE

Today High: 88 Sunny. Highs in the upper 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 62 Clear. Lows in the lower 60s. Light and variable winds.

Imag0001.jpg

Morning everyone!

Not much to report mrr-wise as it's back-2-school season and I get very little time to work on [train] things that require high concentration for long periods. Two of my kids had soccer games yesterday and the combined total time used up was ~5 hours. Also got a cell phone for my 15yr-old son. Gotta love that Verizon advertising: "Add a new line for only $9.99!" Yeah...uh-huh. After factoring-in the unlimited text messaging service and the higher minutes-per-month allowance (them teenagers luv to chitchat among themselves), we end up paying another $45 a month!:mad: Oh well at least we can maintain a direct line of communication.

I guess you 'Bama guys are happy - a winning game, and a chance to all get together at Rex's place. Carey I hope your recovery holds.

Jeff your layout's coming together nicely with that ballast work.

Afternoooooon all,
just got in from a diesel depot open day at Newton Heath in Manchester, six differant trains to get there and back home Phewww. Pics to follow

Morning all! We had an unbelievable low of 54 deg last night. WONDERFUL!

Ken, I went for a second cellphone a few years ago and after they added the taxes and this and that's, it was only $10 less than a regular cellphone. After years of having to wear a pager 24/7, I don't want to be trailed. I only wear mine when there is a defined reason. I figure if it is an emergency...they will just have to try harder. Are people so lonely that they have to talk to someone all the time?:rolleyes: Kids? Well that is another story...:eek: :D :D

Like Carey, I feel beat up this a.m. from watching so much football, but at least I can smile at the results. Guess it's time to head out to the Depot and get ready for CJ and others. IT"S PLAY TIME!

Have a great day!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back