Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Nick, was that you that wrote BLI about the SD40-2. I just received the Modelrailroader newsletter and under the sponser BLI, it has a quote from NICKB kissing up to BLI:rolleyes: :D .

From ModelRailroader Newsletter:
Nick B writes "First of all, I would like to thank you for a great product. I just bought your new SD40-2 FEC #703. The details, the paint, running mechanism and most of all the sound system that it has is super great. I am so glad that you were able to produce such a quality model at a very affordable price. I was so impressed that I went back to the hobby store and bought your other number, #701. Again I want to thank you for it."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope Rex that wasn't me, if it would have been a steam engine probably but I don't do any modern diesels, I plan on having some early diesels but that's about it.

Hey Nick, was that you that wrote BLI about the SD40-2. I just received the Modelrailroader newsletter and under the sponser BLI, it has a quote from NICKB kissing up to BLI:rolleyes: :D .

From ModelRailroader Newsletter:
I saw that too, wonder if he's happened upon the derailing problem.

Since it's night, I thought this photo would be fitting.

Imag0001.jpg

morning gents, nice sunny day here

Fergie not a clue when we'll be off,,, i'll be useing Pacific Shipping services, they have a good reputation, i'll ask for lower deck BTW, cheers

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/14/2007

Wind Chill: 70°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 68°F

So Far Today
High: 71°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 90 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 90. Light and variable winds becoming north around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

P1010003.jpg

Well, the start of another beautiful day here in the heartland! The weather for Indianapolis calls for the possibility is some very spotty showers, but for the most part it's 80's, low humidity, and sunshine!

temps.jpg

It would seem that I took a temporary absence from my sanity last night and I stayed up too late. I figured, what the heck, tomorrows Friday! Now I'm paying for it! I'm half asleep! It'll be OK though. I started a pot of chocolate coffee a couple of minutes ago, so soon I'll have not just caffine, but sugar also coursing through my veins!

coffee20addiction.png

Yeah, life is that good!

Good Morning Steve , Bill , Jeffrey , Phillip . A strat of a beautiful day . Suppose to hit near 80 but then a cold fron is coming in and teamps. nosedive overnight into the 40's with the highs tomorrow around 60 . Yes just when I'm going to my friends cottage for the weekend on Lake Erie. My luck. We're celebrating my friends freedom . his Ex wife is getting married so no more Elimony. And she's making the new husband give her a big wedding bash with two bands playing . The lucky guy doesn't know what baggage he's getting. Anyhow hoping to have a good weekend . And Rex happy Belated Birthday !! And many many more. take care all and have a nice weekend too !!!!!

Good afternoon folks

It has been a crazy day at work. Meetings, meetings, and crisis abound. Weather is cooler than it has been in a while. Temperature this morning was 70 F when I left the house. Here at 2 PM it is 77 F with a high of 78 F. It is actually going to get cooler over the weekend. By Sunday the high will only be 69 F.

No modeling last night. I had a Town Hall meeting at work yesterday afternoon to discuss several emergency projects. The meeting went well but it was 4 PM by the time it was over. Since it was in upper Bucks County it took me almost 3 hours to get home. Then it was off to football practice to watch my son. I did work on the diorama I am making for my wife and her work.

We have events this weekend. Saturday my wife will be manning a table for the museum at the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge’s Cradle of Birding Festival. The kids and I will spend some time with her. On Sunday my son’s football team, the Drexel Hill Raiders Midget JV Silver will visit the Springfield Cougars Midget JV Gold squad.

I would like to finish the foliage on the ridge and begin placing the structures on the Farm House Area. I also have a bunch of hoppers to weather.

Happy Birthday Rex! (Some how I missed it before now)

I hope everybody has a good day.

Today I rusted up the roofs of my engine house and foundry.

This is the foundry roof before:
P1010003-1.jpg

And after:
P1010003-2.jpg

This is the engine house roof before:
P1010002.jpg

And after:
P1010004-1.jpg

morning gents, nice sunny day here

Fergie not a clue when we'll be off,,, I'll be using Pacific Shipping services, they have a good reputation, I'll ask for lower deck BTW, cheers

From some folks that came over from the UK and stayed with us last year, get your own container!! don't wait till it gets filled by someone elses freight. Their stuff took 8 months to come over cause it sat waiting to be filled.

I have been so crook for the last week or so, ear, throat and sinus infections! man I'm still clogged up.
still busy outside with the decking, and today we bought a garage for the backyard 6m x 6m used but dismantle-able and shift-able. I need a tinkering room for cars and Jan likes to paint furniture so we did it. We're going to ask the neighbour if we can put a gate in the fence and share part of his driveway.

Well gotta go, later.

Ken.

GEEZ, it really rained acid, to get a roof from new to that rust in only a few hours :p
Actually, it only took about ten minutes.:)

Good morning

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 9/15/2007

Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 69°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

Today High: 90 Mostly clear. Highs around 90. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Clear. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

P1010001.jpg

Mornin', Yaaaawwwwnnn! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! What the heck am I doing getting up at this time in the morning? Oh, I know, I have to get over to church to do sound for a wedding this morning. Spent the last two (9 hour) days working with a guy from a Pro Sound company installing a major sound system renovation at my church. Six of us spent 4 hours just getting the old speakers down and the new array up and adjusted properly. Two of the men on our properties committee had to work that entire time up in the attic of the church where it was around 100°F. Our minister walks in last night for the wedding rehearsal while was doing final adjustments to the system and cleaning up and says to me, "those speakers aren't going to look like that when you're finished, right?" One look from me and he figured maybe he'd better not go much farther....... He did put on his mike to test it out, and kept saying, "Is this on? Can you hear me in the back? Are you sure this is on? Everyone kept saying Yes! I told him to out into the church (Where we used to get feedback) and listen for himself. He got a big grin on his face, looked at me, and said, "That is amazing! Wow!" So I guess he'll get over being able to see the speaker array way up at the ceiling....

Have to get get down to church to make sure the system is go for the wedding this morning. Later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back