Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 62°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 68°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 90 Mostly sunny. Highs around 90. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.

P9120465.jpg

Good morning folks

It is still cool around these parts this morning. The temperature at the house this morning was 52 F. When I got to work, about 19 miles to the north, it was 48 F. High today is 72 F. We need some rain as the ground is getting rock hard but we have none in the 5-day forecast.

I pretty much finished adding the foliage to the ridge behind the Farm House Area. I need to spray everything the white glue and water mixture to set it. I also finished the hard shell for my wife’s diorama.

Not sure what I will get done tonight. My son has football practice and I need a trip to the craft store for some paint.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Tough night last night. I've been up sick all night and now I can't sleep. Called in sick to work. I can't remember the last time I did that. It's been a couple of years at least.

Oh well, I hope everyone else is doing good.

Warmer than normal air will arrive as the jet stream will lift back to the north. Highs will be in the lower 80's. Pretty toasty for this time of year around here.

Tom,

Your post are depressing and inspiring me at the same time. The idea that I could/should be working on my layout every day...

Well I'm stuck on both layouts. My wife finally sketched in the backdrop for the Rock Ridge and Train City from my sketches and photos, but did it with her system of "blocking" as she calls it. Anyway it makes sense to her, but not so much to me. So now I need her help getting the background colors going. As of Sunday we have the paints we need.

The Indiana Branch of the PRR is waiting for me to make 11 Fast Tracks turnouts. Once again I have it all the stuff ready to go, but I have a station I have been bashing that is 1 hour from being done and I want that off the bench before I start.

And here is the telling part. That station has been there for two months. It seems I'm working three nights a week in addition to days. I've been getting in one night of ops a week (thank God) but lately that has been reminding me that I need to get moving on my own layout.

The trouble is, when I do actually have an evening off, I'm doing research for work or too tired to do anything but veg in front of the TV. Both modeling jobs I have to do are in unknown territory as for my skill set (but I'm not worried that they will come out fine) and I always have to overcome a slight fear before I get engaged.

Something will have to give around here soon.

Good Morning All ! Lokks like another beautiful day here on the Niagara Frontier . Suppose to get up to 80 and Blue skies can't beat that . Well Flo I'll have a nice cup of coffee to go got lots of work to do around here so I'll be going . Hope you all have a grand day also !!!!

Mornin' everyone! I still not quite awake even though I didn't get out of bed this morning until 10AM. Hey! I'm retired ya know! Get over it..... Ah, sorry.:p :D I have had too many nights in a row of 7 hours of sleep or less and then a 10 hour work day. (Well, I'm more or less retired.) By 10:30 last night I just crashed. Didn't clean out the Kitties litter box or other "before you go to bed" routines and went to bed. I feel major big time better this morning, but now I'm behind on the day's must do items.

Looks like another pleasant day outside, hope I get to enjoy some of it. Later!

Tom,

Your post are depressing and inspiring me at the same time. The idea that I could/should be working on my layout every day...

I don’t mean for it to be depressing.:eek: :D

Many years ago my employer sent me to a time management course. It was one of those work related course that actually was worthwhile. In the course they explained when you have big projects that sometimes just working 15 minutes a day can go a long way to finishing them. I try to apply that to the layout. Sometimes my fifteen minutes turns into an hour or more. Some days it is fifteen minutes of staring at the layout shaking my head wondering if it will ever get done. Other times I spend it just moving piles from one place to another.

Tom,

It was not long ago that I spent 20 hours a week on my layout and models. I'm just sitting here dazed wondering what happened.

Wondering what happened? Work got in the way, that's what happened.:D

Right! That's why I really like Retirement....... (BTW, to believe this, you have to ignore the earlier post this morning.) Every retired teacher I know is constantly saying, "I've never been so busy in my life". Usually volunteering here or there. It's said "work" expands to always fill up available time. The same thing happens in retirement but with other things. I still can't find time to work like I would like on the layout and there is nothing that I want to give up doing at the moment. I feel your pain, Chip!

Glad I'm not a vet...

Vet School

First-year students at Auburn University's Vet School were receiving their
first anatomy class, with a real dead cow. They all gathered around the
surgery table with the body covered with a white sheet.

The professor started the class by telling them, 'In Vet Medicine it is
necessary to have two important qualities as a doctor: The first is that
you not be disgusted by anything involving the animal body.
For an example, the Professor pulled back the sheet, stuck his finger in
the butt of the dead cow, withdrew it, and stuck it in his mouth :eek:
'Go ahead and do the same thing,' he told his students. The students
freaked out, hesitated for several minutes, but eventually took turns
sticking a finger in the anal opening of the dead cow and sucking on it :eek:

When everyone finished, the Professor looked at them and told them 'The
second most important quality is observation. I stuck in my middle finger
and sucked on my index finger. Now learn to pay attention.' HA HA HA ;)

Steve: Hahaha! That's funny, but typical for Auburn students!
(University of Alabama/Auburn rivalry. The slam jokes are year round in this state. Ha!)

Good morning folks

Still on the cool side but it is supposed to be warming up. It was 58 F as I headed to work this morning. The high is supposed to reach 75 F. We will back in the mid-eighties by the weekend.

I finished painting the wheels for all the hoppers I am weathering. I now need to seal them. I also painted the first cost on the hard shell for the wife’s diorama.

Tonight will be busy. We have flute lesson, cub scouts, and back to school night. I think at some point tonight I will lose my mind.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin all!

Feeling better today! Gotta take the wife and son to the bad doctors (Muscular Dystrophy docs) today, so I'm off work for another day. Those trips are always bad. I'll be playing dotor all night tonight.

Hot and humid air will be the rule of thumb today! Highs will be in the mid to upper 80's. Here is a map of highs across the area. Hotter air is building across the west, and will gradually move towards us over the next several days. There is a cold front that will move towards the area, but it will weaken, and lift north as it passes by. Figures, huh? For right now it's not bad though.

temps.jpg

Well, I'm off and running!

I pray that today finds you all well!

[rant mode]Arruuuugh! I just upgraded from Windows Media Player 10 to 11. It's a piece of steaming rotting doggie do. It's has no ability to manipulate files. It will no longer tell you what will fit on your MP3 player. You can view your MP3 player to delete files. I can't for the life of me see what it does do better except make me angry. It now takes me twice as long to rip and organize my files.[/rant mode]

[rant mode]Arruuuugh! I just upgraded from Windows Media Player 10 to 11. It's a piece of steaming rotting doggie do. It's has no ability to manipulate files. It will no longer tell you what will fit on your MP3 player. You can view your MP3 player to delete files. I can't for the life of me see what it does do better except make me angry. It now takes me twice as long to rip and organize my files.[/rant mode]

Well Mouse, that is what Windoz seems to always do best.......:p :D

Morning everyone! 'nuther nice fall like day here in the Finger Lakes. Right now it is 62°F and going all the way up to 75°F later this afternoon. I love this time of year. That time between turn off the air conditioner and turn on the furnace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back