Coffee Shop Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx Steve, a tall iced latte would taste great right about now! :D
Your right about the badger, it's a much better airbrush and if necessary I can take it completely apart for cleaning

Rex- it has been about a week since you tried to suspend the laws of gravity, how are the bruises looking?
You could have used a skyhook, instead of stepping on a shelf.
Hope the arm gets well enough to swing a cat.
Are you making plans how to properly get back up there without injuring yourself?:)

Hi Mikey! Glad to see ya'.
It is easy to get back into that spot now that the shelf is gone:D :D :D

The bruises have gone from black to yellow and starting to fade away. Only thing not healing is my pride:eek: :D . I believe that I can start with the sheetrock soon. The only thing I am having a problem with is I can't backhand nail. Doc said it was a good case of tendonitis and will take time. I just have to get this room done so I can get back to railroading! Right now, the north half of my layout is not connected by track (waiting on the sheetrock).

Got back home from the photoshoot at the Cub camp mid afternoon. Thought that a couple of you (particularly Jeffrey) might be interested at what showed up at the camp this afternoon. The Canandaigua Volunteer Fire Dept gave a fire and camping safety demo and then showed one of their Fire Rescue Pumper trucks to the boys.

CanandaiguaFireResque1.png

The Jaws of Life:

CanandaiguaFireResque2.png

Finally everyone got cooled off by the Water Cannon:

CanandaiguaFireResque3.png

NZKen - could you maybe post a few pix of your new Athearn SD40-2's? I'm thinking about investing in a few, but I want to see what type of detail they have...

Ken/Josh thanks for the Athearn links I'll look into those (we have a Athearn dealer in town I didnt know of!!)

Ken here's a couple of pics. they came with a heap of parts to fit handrails etc.

Ken. P.S I'm going to have to paint them, SP or N&W.

Evening folks. When I posted last on the forum last night,I forgot to mention,that I have started work on two Proto GP-30's. Both High Hoods. One is basically finished,the other is in the paint booth,so to speak.In a day or so,I'll post some photos of them,and let y'all see how they turned out. One of the engines is lettered Southern,#2543,the other,I have decided on number for it yet.Also,I wanted to say,Thanks,for replys. It's good to hear from everyone. One other thing I want ask is,Rex,what on earth were you doing when you got hurt? I'm glad no bones were broken,but,what happened? From what I have read,you took a really bad fall,but I'm glad you are okay. William.

Evening Ken,how you doin? If you do decide to paint the SD40-2,you have in your post,have you given thought to maybe replacing some of the details,with Cannon& Co. parts,ie new dash-2 cab,maybe the sub bases,air intake,etc? The reason I ask is,that with N&W 40-2's,not all were low nose,some were highnosed,also on the SP 40's,if my memory serves me,I don't recall if SP,had 40-2's other than,the tunnel motor verison,but I could wrong.Any way,if all you do,is paint it,it will look a whole lot better than the paint job,Athearn did on it. When you get it finished,please post some photos. I've got two Southern Proto GP-30's I am doing,one I did with all decals,the other,I did with paint. when I get them done,I'll post some pics. Good luck,sir on your models. William.

Good morning folks

Yuk! What an ugly morning we have here in the Delaware Valley. The air is so thick you can cut it. There is haze and fog every where. Temperature is 76 F. The expected high is 92 F with severe thunderstorms anticipated. My wife is conducting her first Outdoor tour at the Museum today and has to worry about the weather. Without the sun there may not be much to see as the butterflies generally only come out when it is sunny.

No modeling last night. I came from work and found my son and one of his friends had the living room floor covered in EZ-Track and trains running. He has his own locos and cars. I spent a good part of the evening trying to add images to our Cub Scout Pack website. Some software is just not user friendly at times.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Tom!

We are having the same kind of weather that Tom is having only that our high will only be 76° F. Feels like it is going to rain inside my house... Humidity is 92%. Got to get over to the Cub Scout Day camp to get more footage for the Council today. Later!

Good Morning ALl ! Yes it feels like rain my bones ache something awful . Hopefully it will hold off till the early morning so the local festival will not be affected. Well going to check the mail . Take care all !!

Hello everyone! Paul, I want to go with you to the festival. I love those things;) .

I recruited my wife's cousin to help me hang sheetrock this weekend. He worked with that stuff when he was young and hopefully will know what he is doing. I told him I may be a bit slow with the arm, but he said as long as I can hold it...he can nail it. Sounds good to me!:) Naturally, I have to help him on a project in a few weeks to reciprocate. It will be worth it.;)

William, I am building an 8x21 room to close in the track that is in the lower adjoining garage (the inclines, Ashland mainline). I had stepped off the ladder on to the small shelf that I had made a year ago for the track coming out the wall from Ashland (town by the large garage door)...it didn't like it and collapsed. The wife was standing there and said my face turned pale. I said it was because of the sudden change in altitude. LOL! :D :D :D

Ray, Tom and Rex Afternoon gents, take it easy Rex and Ray that was a great demonstration by the Fire dept, Tom, hope the weather holds out for your wifes tour

Rex I gave up nailing sheet rock. I bought one of them drywall screwdrivers that I can set the depth on and can really go to town after it is set. it has a clutch that slips when you reach the set depth. It is also a lot easier on my tennis elbow than pounding nails. The screwdriver is also useful for other projects loke building Model Railroad bench work.

Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/20/2007

Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 74°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 85 Cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 72 Cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds. Chance of rain 50 percent.

bacon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back