Coffee Shop Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening All: Well I'm on high spead. It sure is nice. Steve those are some great pictures. Especially since I didn't have to wait 15 minutes for them to load. The locomotive looks real good . The low level shots had me fooled for a bit too. Good score on the ballast cars.
Ray: I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law. I lost my wifes mother almost 25 years ago and still miss her. She was a real good one.
Personally I like Spam. Ilike to take it and slice it thin and fry it up. Almost better then bacon with eggs. I lived on it when I was a batchlor.
Well I think that I'll head out and enjoy the high speed. I think that I'll check out some of Grand Mans posts on the mines.
Good Night All

WooHoo! Welcome to the world of high speed internet, Paul. :cool:

I can't imagine ever doing dial again up after experiencing DSL. Fast is good.

Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png

04-19-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Morning all. I missed the spam onslaught, glad it got resolved. Well, I broke down and ordered a Digitrax sound decoder specially designed for a Kato SD38-2, I wanted something that is a known performer for my favorite loco and besides, I needed a 1" speaker anyway. I can figure out how to install it this weekend...

Steve - great shots of your new toy! Is that one still used today on the prototype [revenue service, not excursions]?

TX Paul - broadband is great isn't it!

Nick - I imagine now you'll have plenty of time to work on your model railway ;)

Morning All!

Well we're 80nm east of Sable Island and off the Continental shelf. It's been blowing NE gales for the last week so we are still doing some rolling but it's on our tail so it's not too bad. Good thing is I haven't missed a meal yet, well maybe not so good as it was Shrimp and Haddock for luch and Striploin for supper. Grub is good here. Sorry Ray but the swim is cold this time of year you'ld never make it!

Got the second tender carved out for speaker install and the Oil hatch is gone and a well made for the coal. So work is doable even with this puppy rolling upto 15 degrees.

Later All

Fergie

Morning Bill!

Morning Ken! Your right I will have plenty of time to get stuff done on the railway, I've been working on it relentlessly the past couple of days.

Morning Fergie!

Wow this week has flown by hasn't it??

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' all!

Fergie, sounds like they feed you well out there. Had New York Strip, medium rare, baked potato, and peanut butter pie for dessert after the funeral last night so I have been eating way too well myself. Gotta start being good as I have the 6 month blood test coming up in a couple of weeks.

The sun is actually putting in an appearance here in the Finger Lakes this morning. The water in the lawns across the street has disappeared. I have to check down cellar to see if I can do some Yard Work without getting my feet wet this morning. My nephew and his family had to move out of his (rented) house in Mass. during the storm as there is 3 feet of water in the basement. All services have been shut down in his area due to the storm. They had 7 inches of rain in 24 hours. We were very lucky here in the Finger Lakes with only a couple inches for the entire storm a lot of which fell as white stuff that melted yesterday.

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/19/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 63°F
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 56°F

So Far Today
High: 63°F
Low: 53°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph NE

Today High: 80 Mostly sunny. Highs near 80. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

pancakes.jpg

Mornin All ! Jeffrey I'll take a stack with some good old NY Maple Syrup and a side order of Spam !!! Fergie sounds like your havin some fun off the coast there.TXPaul DSl is a good thing have to keep up with the world. See you all later have a nice day !!!!!

Morning all!
TxPaul, ease into it. There is a danger of getting whiplash.:eek: :D

KENL: Good move. I haven't heard anything about the new Digitrax Sound. Are they doing pretty good?

Ray: 7 inches/24hr of rain! Wow! That's a lot.

Fergie: The food sounds great, but don't believe I could handle the 15deg roll.

Eric/Alco/Nick/Jeff: Have a cup and donut on me:) .

Morning Gents,

Had a nice ops session last night. Light attendance, so I got to run a few extra runs. (That's a pun get it. Extra Runs. Uh, I get to run the Extra run trains plus I get to run a few more (extra) trains than normal--oh nevermind.)

The more I get in to operating, the more a network of operators is coming out of the woodwork. The layout I operated on last night has run every week without missing for over 29 years. And it is a great layout to work on--Time tables, Employee rules, a dispatcher train orders.

This is one of my favorite aspects of the hobby--model railroading as a team sport.

Sounds like fun Chip, I can't wait to do some ops sessions. Well since Rex is buying coffee and donuts. I'll have a cup and a maple cover donut.

Thanks Steve but I suspect today would not the day for toasts and such as I'm already weaving up the alleyways as this storm won't go away! The swell has built a bit today with waves at about the 20 foot mark.

Now who's talking Digitrax Sound decoders? Are they available in steam? I finally decided that I will change out the Decoder in the Athearn Challenger for a Tsunami as the sound is Hokey I'll put the Prodigy in one of my lessern used locos!

Anyway it's... PIZZA tonight so I have priorities! Later

Fergie

Evening all!

Rex - I decided to go with the Digitrax decoder because (1) there's one made specifically for the Kato SD38-2 - including the speaker - and (2) one of the guys across the street who installs decoders 'professionally' says they're much more tolerant of less-than-perfectly cleaned track. At $65 I figured it was worth a try, I'll keep you posted.

Fergie - doesn't look like you have optimal conditions for doing any precision model work tonite! Hope the pizza was good...

Steve - I absolutely love the sound of those 37's, very similar to the old GE "U-boats" on this side of the pond (not very many of those left either I'm afraid :( )

Ray - I sure hope all your electrical cords/connections are safely off the basement floor!

Chip - glad your having fun with those ops! Question: If you're spending all that time in op sessions, will you still have enough time to build your own new layout?;)

Evening all!

Chip - glad your having fun with those ops! Question: If you're spending all that time in op sessions, will you still have enough time to build your own new layout?;)

I'm trying really hard to limit it to once a week--but my whole body starts a twitchin if I go any longer.

Ray - I sure hope all your electrical cords/connections are safely off the basement floor!

O yeh, all my electrical outlets and equipment is well above the floor. I have only one circuit down there now that isn't a ground fault type. I plan to change that next fall. At the worst (as long as my sump pump stays running) I get just a little water in a few places. It is much better since I spent some bucks a couple years ago and had new gutters put on that drain water well away from the house. Also putting a waterproof paint on the walls downstairs has kept the water at bay also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back