Coffee Shop Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/20/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 57°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 54°F

So Far Today
High: 60°F
Low: 57°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph ENE

Today High: 78 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have bacon and eggs today.

bacon.jpg

Morning Bill and Jeffrey, wow it's the weekend finally. Can't wait a couple train shows are this weekend that are 45 min drive either way for me. I'm pretty pumped going to go and try to get a SP 4-8-4 or maybe a cab forward.

Mornin All ! Steve like the sound of those old ironsides Fergie here's to calmer seas, Chip op session sure are fun , Nick good luck at the train shows. It's another nice day here on the Niagara Frontier temps suppose to go up in the sixties . looks like some yard work in my future today. You all have a real nice start to the weekend ahead !!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh what a beautiful Morning. Oh what a beautiful day. I've got this magnificent feeling everythings going my way.

Absolutely fantastic looking outside this morning so it is off to the Garden Shop at True Value and get the flowers for the front porch area, parts for the mower deck and then home top plant said flowers and spread about a yard of mulch. Well I won't be doing much of the manual labor (rotator cuff surgery LOL LOL) but Glendia will get a nice work out today and I will supervise and be the gofer. I hope you all have as good of a day as I am having.

Ken: Pizza was good last night but the sleep was bumpy. Getting sloppy out here. Oh well in for 5 days come Sunday. Never seen a week + of NE'ly winds like this before. That massive low is taking it's sweet old time moving off!

Last night was a dead night for modelling especially in light of the roll we took. Was sitting in one of the new couches in the lounge when we lurched to port. Found out the couches hadn't been anchored yet! Couch surfing is FUN! Ye haw. We're getting fasteners as soon as we get into port!

Anyway Club chicken sandwiches for lunch today so I GTG

Later All

Fergie

Morning Gents,

Beautiful day here, too. And supposed to hold up through the weekend. I've got a ton of outdoor stuff to do as well. Sold my warehouse equipment last weeks so I have to redo the garage so my wife can park inside. I got a lawn to mow--5 hours worth. I also need to rototill my garden as I only have a quarter interest in the tiller and other folks are clammering for it.

I also want to airbrush the backdrop and pull out the pallet and get to painting on the backdrop.

I'll bet I'm the only one on this whole planet with more work than weekend.

Cept Fergie has me beat. He's got to choke down a whole chicken club sandwich.

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin'....... Wow! Looks like the place is hopping this morning. Flo, must be that spam you were serving earlier this week.

I am being "meetinged to death" this week. Got to finish a mix from Good Friday Service I recorded and get the train room in operating order. So I guess I will just have a cup of coffee and get back to work.

Very sunny today here also, worked all day to boot, normal finishing is noon.
Just ging to put my shrimp on the cooker, Yeah, very tasty.

Hello everyone and another beautiful day also here in T-town. Our only weather problem is a shortest of rainfall. Seems like you guys in the NE took some of ours:D .

Today is a cleanup and get-ready day. I will host a small op session tomorrow without about 5 operators. This should give me a good evaluation on the RailOp operation software and the setup I entered.

Tomorrow is the A-day game at the University. This is the Spring practice game at the end of spring training, complete with loads of campus activities. The team is divided and the game is played as a real one. Would you believe, they are expecting a record 70,000 people for the (free) game (normal 30,000):eek: . It will even be on CSS TV. Of course most of the hype is curiousity in the new coach, Nick Sabban.

EDIT: Forgot! We will also have 1,000 athletes here Saturday taking part in the USA Triathlon Collegiate National Championship.

Back at you later. Hope you all have a :) wonderful day:) .

Last edited by a moderator:
If you fancy a nice Shrimp dish try this receipe for four people i got off my friend, MRF member John RIt's John's wifes receipe and it's finger lickin good

you will need Avacado oil to cook it in

1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp (enough for 4 people)
1 Tablespoon Chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground Coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt / I use sea salt
1 teaspoon Sugar

Sprinkle the shrimp lightly with sugar, then kosher salt. Combine Chili powder, Coriander, Cumin and Oregano. I suggest using a shaker to mix these items in, then sprinkle onto shrimp (both sides) Pour a small amount of oil into a non-stick frying pan (like the one in our train photo) and heat the oil. Place 1/2 of the shrimp into the pan (or less if your pan is smaller) and saute approximately 4-5 minutes. When done, place in warmer until ready to serve. Drizzle shrimp with small amount of oil to give shine to shrimp. Serve with lime wedges.

Mines FULL, i added peppers, spinach, water cress and cashew nut's,,,on a big bed of rice, MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Steve I gotta say, your a man o' many talents!:D

Almost quittin' time. Hope that new Digitrax sound decoder arrived today, I know it was shipped out on Wednesday afternoon...

Ken, Please keep in mind, if you have the goodies shipped to the work address, it will buy you time until the Mrs opens the Visa bill...:D Just a tech tip I thought I'd throw at ya. :D

1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp (enough for 4 people)

Uhhh Steve? Maybe where you come from thats enough for 4 folks. Where I come from thats enough for .4 folks! A shrimp dinner down LA way, (thats Lower Alabama for the uninitiated :rolleyes: ), won't even start with less than 100lbs of shrimp fresh off the boat. Plus ya gotta throw in some cajun style mudbugs, just for some added flavoring!:D And some good ole' fried crab claws for the appetizer. Darn ya dun gonin made me hungree.:(

Uhhh Steve? Maybe where you come from thats enough for 4 folks. Where I come from thats enough for .4 folks! A shrimp dinner down LA way, (thats Lower Alabama for the uninitiated :rolleyes: ), won't even start with less than 100lbs of shrimp fresh off the boat. Plus ya gotta throw in some cajun style mudbugs, just for some added flavoring!:D And some good ole' fried crab claws for the appetizer. Darn ya dun gonin made me hungree.:(

1 1/2 pds for 4 :eek: Not Likely!!! for one maybe. CJ you're a man after my own heart.

Well not much on the go as we are slowly making our way home. The Gales are ended thank heavens as the seas are now calm. Might even get some modelling in this evening.

Ke: Lets us know how the decoder works out and how good the quality is and if it meets your expectations.

Later All

Fergie

Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. 1 1/2 pounds wouldn't be enough for me.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/21/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 49°F

So Far Today
High: 62°F
Low: 54°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph ESE

Today High: 82 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 58 Increasing clouds. Lows in the upper 50s. Light and variable winds.

I'll have a cheese and mushroom omelet this morning.

cheese-mushroom-omelette.jpg

Mornin y'all,

What a beautiful day for...Honeydoo's?!

Fergie, I'd be glad to, except the decoder hasn't arrived yet. TTX shipped it Priority Mail on Wednesday, which means it might get here today [the USPS still delivers on Saturdays, for now at least]. We'll see...

GM, thanx for 'management relations' tip! Except in my situation, $65 is not too scandalous. [The Super Cheif upgrade, that's another story....:eek: ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back