Coffee Shop 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, bet he was popular :D our new ones, when they come are digital and can't be accidentally dialed, hopefully :D they dont give a verbal message but do flash up FIRE etc etc or TEST every day at 6pm
HA! Our fire chief used to set the test page off over the radios back when we first got them on a DAILY basis and at no particular time. He only stopped because I told him if didn't he was going to be tied down and his teeth would be extracted with rusty pliers, and back then I had the build and the strength to do it. If you've ever watched American Gladiators on ESPNC and seen the guys they have on there, I used to look a lot like that.

hey guys tell me what you think of my current project http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=171798&posted=1#post171798

here is a sampler
l_dda8061f1911436b88c471ac9d360cda.jpg

i plan to install a railing too keep in mind this is HO and the steps are only half an inch tall so its an eye strain

Good Morning from Spring Hill, Floriduh.

:)Morning temp. 45* Afternoon 63*, Clear sunny day. Tomarrows forcast is AM rain and cold afternoon!:)

The kids yesterday got a kick of the potato launcher with the nerf rockets. I had fun just watching them chasing the rockets like dogs!:D I'm going to see if I can make an attachment to launch tennis balls!:eek:

Today I got 2 yards to mow then come home and finish my chores! Other than that not much going on.

LR, Nice little Item you got there!

Stevie B, I know now I could never be a Fire Fighter........My lazyness will see to that!:D

While watch the news....They played a piece on the CLOSING of NASA! Over 4,000 people will loose their jobs and a Little town with no clam to fame on it own will suffer too! As a Ex/Government work Layed off due to government spending, I have my own feeling on it. I'd rather see them revamp NASA and try to save those jobs. Do you want NASA Saved? or Not?

Seems kinda silly to me, this whole NASA closing thing. I mean, not only do all those folks lose their jobs, but now we're just going to leave space exploration to the Russians and Chinese? Not that they're bad or anything, but where's our national pride? Where's our quest for knowledge gone? And how many of the worlds brightest minds are NOT going to come to the U.S. now? And I'm only scratching the surface.........

Good morning folks

It was 37 F this morning as I hit the roads without snow. Our high will be 44 F. We have no forecast of accumulating snow for the week.

I was under the weather for a few days last week. I came down with a stomach virus on Wednesday that lasted through Thursday. I was home from work on Thursday. Friday we had more snow which meant by the time I dug out it was noon and my back was screaming.

Yesterday my daughter had her first volleyball tournament at Albright College in Reading. Her team did not do well. They only won one out of eight games, which was better than their coaches expected. The coaches explained that since this was their first tournament almost every time the team loses all their games. None of the girls on the team has ever played in this type of tournament. I know in the first match (2 games) they looked like deer in the headlights. My daughter said everyone was incredibly nervous and it showed. They made a lot of fundamental mistakes. They have looked better in practice. As the day wore on they did get better and better. In their next to last match they played the best team in their pool down to the wire in both games. In their last match of the day they won one of the two games. We will see how they do next month in their next tournament.

We are also in the process of packing things up. We have new carpeting being installed tomorrow and we have to get all the breakables stored. They were supposed to do it last Friday but because of the snow we rescheduled.

With everything going on I got no train time. My son and I had hoped yesterday that we could sneak out between games and visit a couple of Reading’s hobby shops but there was not enough time.

I hope everybody has a good day.

But we gotta put that $$$ on HSR---oops---spoke too loudly:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But first we need to make more unemployed people---:mad::mad:

----------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning---:)

We's be getting some warmer temperatures this week! YAY!! And SUN!! YAY!!:D:D:D

Got a bunch of little things to do today to catch up on the stuff that I couldn't get done over the weekend. I'mma gonna try to get some MR time in this week!:rolleyes:;);)

----------------------------------------------------------

Lab Rat left a comment on other thread---I think it should at least have a detachable roof so you can show the interior!

OK, as of now i am a 3rd of my way through firefighter training :D
Let's see now, when did I take my fire fighter training? I think that was back in '95. A third of the way through you say? You still have some eye-opening experiences ahead of you.

Good morning. It's 46 and cloudy with rain imminent. The high will be 50 with a 90% chance of rain.

Gonna be a wet one today! And why not? This is the day I gotta go out and pay bills. Yesterday I put up four more of the solar Tiki torches. That's a total of eight now. On two of them I took out the factory installed NiCd batteries which are rated at 1.2 V, 600 mA and replaced them with Eveready NiMH batteries rated at 1.2 V, 230 mA. Just after sunset all eight lights came on as they should. Six ran down during the night and went out but the two with the NiMH batteries were still lit up at 6:45 this morning and didn't go off until sunrise. Take a wild guess at what kind of batteries are going into the others. I figure the NiCd batteries will work OK in my remotes, postal scale, LED tester and magnifier. Nothing much on the schedule today except paying some bills that can't be paid by mail or internet and I have to get the grocery shopping done before my cupboards look like those of Mrs Hubbard. I may be able to get some more weathering practice in today but it'll probably be late.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/DSCN2350.jpg

Seems kinda silly to me, this whole NASA closing thing. I mean, not only do all those folks lose their jobs, but now we're just going to leave space exploration to the Russians and Chinese? Not that they're bad or anything, but where's our national pride? Where's our quest for knowledge gone? And how many of the worlds brightest minds are NOT going to come to the U.S. now? And I'm only scratching the surface.........

The whole thing is uber silly to me too! The O man said, privite Companys are better at dealing with it than the government! so when we get attacked by ET or a giant Metor/astroid treatens slamming into the earth, we have to worry about a privite Company to handle it? Also that's if the government doesn't tie the companys hands by wrapping it up in red tape and Taxes first!:rolleyes: Bad enough floridas job market is in the toilet, now we'll have 4000+ plus the titusvilles people soon to be unemployeed hitting the unemployment office!:rolleyes: There is going to be alot of crap spinning of this government layoff fan!JMO

BTW Philip How the little wife?

Today while I was buying the groceries I got $36 worth of Eveready NiMH rechargeable batteries for the solar Tiki torches. The two I put NiMH batteries in yesterday performed very well. They were still brightly lit at 6:45 this morning! All the others, which have NiCd batteries were dead before 2 am. When there's a good break in the rain I'll go out and change out the batteries in the others. If I have to go out for something at some ungodly hour of the early morning it will be nice to have some light out there so I'm not tripping over things.

I never got the chance today to change the batteries out in the other Tiki lights. It just wouldn't stop raining! The lights with the NiCd batteries were able to get a little bit of a charge with the very limited sunlight that was available but after sunset they ran down within a couple of hours. The two with NiMH batteries are still going strong at this hour of 8:47 pm. It'll be interesting to see if they're still lit before sunrise tomorrow. No MR work today. My ankle was bugging me way too much for that. I have an appointment with the foot doc tomorrow morning. Standard routine. They'll clean 'em up real good and put on new dressings then he'll poke and prod my feet to see how much I can feel as far as touch goes. Reflex action works fine. In fact he almost got kicked one time when he tripped the nerve reflex. I just have limited motor function and very little sensation. Some day they'll come up with a cure for that but I'm not holding my breath.

NASA
Surely it would make more sense to keep the staff employed but maybe cut the pay, at least a product is being maintained. Otherwise it's the state that pics up the tab for them being unemployed and not maintaining or producing a product.
It's a no brainer in my book, but then again you cant expect common sense from the very people who got us all into this mess.

Today is the funeral of a local soldier who died in Helmand Province last week, he was making safe IED's when he became a victim of one himself. The whole town centre has been closed off for the full military funeral at 2.30pm

RIP

We Will Remember Them

Good morning folks.

I haven't been in for a while. I hope everyone is doing well.

I've been busy with work, family, and other obligations lately. I haven't had time for trains or even reading about trains. Isn't it funny how progress comes in spurts? I know there are things I could be doing right now, but I'm kind of waiting until it's a little nicer outside. Then I can open the window in here to do a little painting of track and other things that I can't take outside. Oh well, it's not a race. There is no point in working on it unless me heart is in it. Otherwise the results are lackluster.

I hope you all have a good day.

Hi gang! What a dreary day in T-town: cloudy, rainy, cold....but, temps will be rising each day and get into the 70's by the weekend. This is unreal...Thanks El Nino.

Meanwhile, seems Jim sent his bug up to my house and my virus program couldn't block it. The wife is finally over it and I seem to be about mid-ways. Still, I've manage to work on a few kits.

Chris: Easy man! NASA is not going away, only the Shuttle Program and only after 30 years of operation. Unfortunately, NASA has been dependent on the politics of Washington and haven't helped matters by mismanagement in several areas. I know that the timing sucks, but this is not an unusual event in the space programs...just a very big one and it is not just Florida that is taking the hit. Most all the space program contractors involved will get other contracts, somewhere, sometime, and the people will eventually be re-employed into a new project. This cycle has been going on since the old Jupiter and Atlas rockets fell off their pads; it is exactly why I stayed clear of an excellent job offer with RCA when they were a General contractor for the Cape. The idea of private companies taking over from NASA is just rhetoric from you governor. (However, I do agree that they could probably do a better job of it.:D)

Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon or evening where ever you may be

About 4000 people came to the funeral of our local hero today including 4 coaches full of soldiers from the Gurkha regiment, this was as well as members of the Royal Engineers of whom he was a soldier.

Everyone had to agree it was a fantastic send off on a truly outstanding scale

May he rest in peace

Rex you snook up on me from behind, how ya doing

Hiya Steve! We are doing well, hack,cough,...hope you're staying dry ;).

Sounds like a wonderful send-off for your soldier. Of course I have never known the Brits to do anything else but honor their servicemen and women in a grand way. I'm sure his family and friends are proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back