Coffee Shop 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

leghome

Maytag "Danged Agitator"
Well the remodel job did not take as long this time around and the place looks really spiffy and smells real good tooooo. So come on in for a cuppa java and the fellowship of the folks who visit us with regularity and those new comers who have to foot the bill for the rest of us.

Well, geez, I was typing away and then Flo picked up and moved without telling me when I tried to post. :) Here's what I was typing:

Afternoon, everyone.

Steve, I know the crime problem, especially property crimes, is really out of control in the UK. I attended a seminar with a Metropolitan Police officer and was surprised to learn that an English homeowner, even if armed with a legal weapon, could only use it in self defense if his or someone else's life was in imminent danger of death. In the US, the stardard is a reasonable fear of imminent serious physical harm or death. Most states have codified that an intruder in your home is sufficient to fulfill that requirement. Apparently, you just have to call the police if someone breaks into your home in the UK, unless the intruder is both armed with some type of weapon and threatens to kill you. I guess you could slug him one, but you can't shoot him. No wonder property crime is on the rise. The system is not working in the UK, and more and more police are armed. I noticed that all UK police officers were issued tasers in 2007 for non-lethal defense. Seems like it would be reasonable if a homeowner had the same right.

Chris and Mikey, I think you both need to get your meds changed. :)

Jeffrey, no death penalty in the UK, so cement overshoes are not an option. The only choice is to build more prisons and start giving longer sentences or let the country continue to deteriorate.

Matt, you guys have really been hammered this winter. At least you have a snowblower. When I was your age in Cleveland, I was the snowblower...me and my coal shovel. Man, I still some frostbite scars from those times. :eek:

Rybcon, sorry about the plumbing. Those kind of things always seem to happen in the middle of the night. I like Bob's idea about getting eyeballs painted on your eyelids. :D

Phillip, I hope your wife has a nice and trouble-free time in Florida. It's comforting knowing she at least won't be near Chris. ;)

Rex. my jury summons siad to call and tell them if I had any disabilities, so I did. I kind of doubt that will make any difference, since our courtrooms don't even use any sound amlification equipment, like mikes for the judge and witnesses. I actually did get on one civil jury. It was a property line dispute between two vineyards. The overlap was only about 10 feet, but it was about 700 feet long and capable of growing about a hundred grand of wine grapes per year. After three incredibly boring days of listening to surveyors review every survey ever done, back to the 1870's, the judge told us the morning of the fourth day that the parties had settled and we could all go home now. :mad: This was back when I was making $120 an hour as a consultant and got paid $5 a day to sit on that dumb jury. That's about 10 sound equipped engines I'm never going to get to buy. :mad:

I think we broke our record of having two snows in one winter, since we officially got a trace of snow here. It was mostly rain but did snow for about an hour. It's clearing out now, with a temperature of 47, going down in the 20's tonight. Looks like next Tuesday could be a repeat, although with more snow this time. This seems like the winter that will never end. :(

Thanks all. I'm more disappointed in the loss of cash then the sleep. (If only it were a couple of years ago). The day is getting close to be over - less than 2 hours. Maybe I'll hit it a little early. Now . . . . what's for dinner?

Well, it's looking like the weather is gonna warm up a little. Bad thing is that means rain and that's just what the weather guesser has been mumbling about for Friday. Had me a 6 inch Subway Po'boy with plenty of peppers and spicy mustard for lunch and now I'm thinking about chili mac for tonight. If my doc knew he'd probably be burning up the phone!

Hello---nice place this--:):)

Gonna be a bit funny here for the next few days. Depending on who we hear/see it could be over a foot and a half of snow, 4-6" of slush/slop or snow, freezing drizzle/rain, wind, hail some of the above or all of the above.:confused::rolleyes:
I guess they gotta cover their bases--:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyhoooo---Jim I'm getting a hold of someone at the harbour who can tell me a bit more about that curious boat---it is a double ender:)

Evening all. whats up with this place seems once I know the menu ya'll move on me again. Oh well fresh keg on tap, just put in a Sam Noble Pils into the kegorator. So the first round in the new place is on me.

For weather getting ready for the next round of snow ice rain wind general mess. At least my boss called work already so I don't need to drive in this crap thankfully. Though did throw the recovery mount into the dodge and my nice 30ft recovery strap just to be safe. Also did a quick winch test on the Jeep. hope yall stay safe in the NE for this round.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=2608611
The whale has killed twice before, once in BC Canada and then again in Orlando FL
These mammals should have never been taken from the sea where the rightfully belong.
Cheers
Willis

What about the captive born? The whale that killed it's trainer was a stud whale and has fathered 13 kids. Pretty much all the trainers know this animals history and do have a choice to work with these animals or not..... This isn't the first time a captive animal has killed a human/care taker/trainner and it won't be a last time! I'll pray for the trainers family, but she died doing a job she loved.

There is a lot of animals every day are removed from the wild for many reasons. Right now I noticed a lot of endangered animals are removed from the wild to try to captive breed them off the endangered list. BG(Bush Gardens) has been captive breeding all kinds of animals to be released back into the wild. Wild animals in captivity ain't a new Idea, as long as man has been on this rock animals have been in cages.....including humans;)!

Well got's to go to bed's.........Night!

Chris:....BG(Bush Gardens)
ROTFLMAO!:D

Flo, nice joint you have here. Looks kinda familiar though...very much like the first one. HMMMMM!:confused:

I feel for all of you fellows fighting the new batch of white. You sure have had plenty of it.:)

ROTFLMAO!:D

Flo, nice joint you have here. Looks kinda familiar though...very much like the first one. HMMMMM!:confused:

I feel for all of you fellows fighting the new batch of white. You sure have had plenty of it.:)

H-Rex i know you get confused! Your wife told me we need to be crystal clear when talking to you or your train of thought gets Derailed and we're left with a nasty mess to clean up! So I figured I would ease your suffering!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning from FloriDUH(for H-Rex, "That's Florida!")!;)

40*low/56*high for my area today. What happened to the warm?:confused::eek: I know H-Rex had something to do with it I bet!:(:p

Jim Yeah you cant even hit em or you get in trouble,,, but they CAN trip up and fall on your foot, several times then fall down the stairs, by accident you understand
As for prisons, no chance at all will they build any new ones, the country is in a bigger mess than the USA with an ecomomy thats due to collapse by june this year along with the USA's and europes, it's the double dip and dead cats don't bounce stuff.

That Whale is only doing it's natural thing, it should be set loose to live it's life out eating sealions and penguins.

Double helping of potatoe cake and manchester tart for me

Well even though it's 45* outside this morning, I still managed to wash the truck. I say let the whale eat trainers and convicts...... It's better than fish and they taste like greasy KFC chickin Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Chickin....:p!

Steve, as long as you KILL them a put them in a shallow grave in the neigbors yard before the cops come.....remember...... "Dead Men Tell No Tales!!":D:p;) Your word against a dead mans! if he ain't speakin yer winning!

[edit]...."I'm still down with and for packing NASA rockets with criminals and sending them to the moon!" At least if ain't going to have a shuttle fleet any more that would be fun to watch!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning-

Snow and blowing snow for today, tonight, and tomorrow. Then a dose of wet snow slop on Saturday. Then some rain on top to add to the general slop. Think I'll need hip waders to get into my backyard next.:rolleyes:

OK---Well. Why did those oversized fish get called 'killer' whales? Think ORCA:rolleyes::rolleyes: There is always a risk summat will happen.

I am going to see doctor about some heart tests going to be done. Ticker will go off and do tachy things then irregular beats again---change in meds time? Who knows----:confused::cool:

I'm off to see the basement now---got some trestlework to do:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back