Coffee Shop 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening Gent's and to you Gal's also!

Well I got a call for a Quote on a yard clean up job. I got to get with the owner to hammer out some details. Lord knows I need the work and it couldn't have come in the nick of time. This is call #2 from the Tailgate magnet! The first account I got, it's a small account but a needed account...Now I just got to get this one:eek::)

I'm waiting on my sons tennis practice to end so I can go pick him up, so I can then finish my chores!

H-REX, Jim got you sick, dude can you spell Nyquil Coma! That's what it takes to beat it, My Son and Wife were down with that bug. I bought them the Orignal Nyquil, and put them in a 48 hour Coma. They woke up and they were right as rain! Tell ya what H-Rex, for a small fee,... me and Burtha the Air cannon would pay Jim a little visit! And you pick the ammo and where he gets shot(.30g 6mm BB's work great!:D He got to leave the house to get the news paper! shhhhhhhhhh i think he's listing we'll talk about it later .... hehehehehe...

The idea of private companies taking over from NASA is just rhetoric from you governor. (However, I do agree that they could probably do a better job of it.:D)

Yes they might do a better job if the government doesn't regulate and tax them to death!:rolleyes:;) NASA has had it's Up's and Down's(Sorry for the pun) but as long as USSR and all the rest are into it we should try to keep up! It would be like us quiting the Olympics and not bothering with it....or worst yet show up half @$$ and not even try for the gold!JMO

I love the space Program and would sooner see tax dollars get waisted on it than in other government programs like[I'll edit myself] you get my drift......JMO Love, Peace.......Chickin Grease!:p

you want a waste of time and money here is one. i work for an inspection station we do state safety and emissions inspections and we had to purchase a computer to do the emissions inspections so far we have ten thousand dollars sunk into this computer thank god we didnt have to buy a dino that would be 40 thousand more just to inspect cars. now i am trying to replace a printer which is about the only thing i can do without getting arrested for servicing the computer and it wont work i have tried multiple times and i cant figure it out and i really dont want to call the service tech because when i call him he charges 100 for the service call otherwise to get to our garage and he charges 100 per hour and one he has been there for a minute you get charged for an hour we had him in one time and he replaced a usb cable it took him 15 minutes and he charged us 250 total so i dont wanna call him right now

Good evening. It's current 47. The low tonight will be 33 and partly cloudy.

Had a busy morning at the docs office. They went through the usual thorough cleaning of the feet and the usual assessment of the wounds then did a series of tests to ascertain how much oxygen was present in my feet. If there wasn't enough I would have to be set up for treatments via hyperbaric therapy. It seems the tests came out in my favor and I won't have to go for those treatments. Part of the test (15 minutes) was done while breathing ordinary room air. The second part (5 minutes and 10 minutes) was done while breathing pure oxygen. After I finished there I came back home and changed out the NiCd batteries in the remaining yard lights with NiMH batteries. One of my neighbors was so impressed with results of the test that he's going to change out the batteries in his too. He only has a few so it won't cost as much as mine did.

you want a waste of time and money here is one. i work for an inspection station we do state safety and emissions inspections and we had to purchase a computer to do the emissions inspections so far we have ten thousand dollars sunk into this computer thank god we didnt have to buy a dino that would be 40 thousand more just to inspect cars. now i am trying to replace a printer which is about the only thing i can do without getting arrested for servicing the computer and it wont work i have tried multiple times and i cant figure it out and i really dont want to call the service tech because when i call him he charges 100 for the service call otherwise to get to our garage and he charges 100 per hour and one he has been there for a minute you get charged for an hour we had him in one time and he replaced a usb cable it took him 15 minutes and he charged us 250 total so i dont wanna call him right now

Rat, don't be a hater! My oldest is a computer geek. What he spent on his initial education, his tools, and a dependable car just to do his job is rediculous! 5 years out of school and he is still paying on student loans! Then there are the yearly training updates and the ever continuing quest for the latest and greatest certification. All at HIS expense! Plus that service tech doesn't get that $100.00 per/hr he charges, because behind him is a corporate entity that has to pay salaries, overhead and taxes!
I thought auto techs had it rough, spending 10 grand plus just to have a toolbox of neccessary hand tools, let alone diagnostic aids! ( I know, I've got the boxes to show for it!) He'll be lucky to out-earn me this year, and I quit swinging wrenches years ago to go into management!! :eek: I would have stayed in the game longer, but the old "grass is greener" thing got me! Now that it's been 21 years since I made money as a tech, I'd have to start all over again from square 1.........nope...not me! I see what the boy goes through!! But its cool.....#2 son still works at the dealership I left...so I still get my own parts at employee cost!!!:D

You want a real waste of money?
Back in the 1990's I ran a garage in Tampa, and one of the things we decided to do was emission checks. The state performed them, but if you had the equipment, you could perform diagnosis and repairs so the car would pass the test. I went out and bought a new 4 gas analyzer on Friday. Monday, the state without warning dropped emissions testing, leaving me holding a $5,000 bag, and of course, no returns on electronics. The demand for emissions repairs dried up in a matter of nanoseconds, and I ended up selling the analyzer a year later for $500.

Oh, and how's this for fees:

This proves I am currently residing in the "fee state". The city next to ours is now charging $300+ per call for 911 service. If you call 911, and the fire department comes out, you get to pay $300-$400 for the privilege of having a fire truck come out to you.

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_14470760

I don't think that the wasting of $$$ is only in that field though. It can be all over---we seem to have issues even in MR ---- or cars---or auctions---or homebuilding ---or bike building---sheeesh:eek:

This proves I am currently residing in the "fee state". The city next to ours is now charging $300+ per call for 911 service. If you call 911, and the fire department comes out, you get to pay $300-$400 for the privilege of having a fire truck come out to you.

http://www.sbsun.com/ci_14470760

Its that way here too! Last year when my Dad needed an ambo, the local VFD came out and took him to the hopsicle. 2 weeks later, and envelope appeared from the VFD. I thought it might be an appeal for a donation for the service,,,,,,,,no,,,,it was a bill!!:eek:

I remember when you paid taxes for all this-----now we have fees---on top of taxes:rolleyes::rolleyes:----think I'll leave it right there--:eek:

BTW---where'd this soapbox come from?:confused:---keep tripping over the dang thing:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

I wonder if insurance companies will reimburse you if you have to call 911? I can see it now...:
"911. What is your emergency?"
"I think my father is having a heart attack!"
"We'll send an ambulance right out. Will you be paying cash for the response fee?"
"Uhhh... Let me check his insurance policy"...

...Father dies while trying to get insurance authorization for the response fee...:eek:

Darn Terry, having to pay for a fire call is outrageous! The only time I have heard of that was with some VFD. If you didn't pay a yearly fee, then there would be a charge. What next in that city...police? I can see it now: available units, armed robbery reportedat 1501 Money Street. This is a $150 call plus recording fees. If arrest made, an additional booking fee will apply. Accept cash, certified check, or Visa only.

Ambulance calls (contracted service) have always been a charge down here, but not any other emergency service. You get billed by the service and you or your insurance pays.

CHRIS: Just stack some of that mess you have been throwing at Karl, in Jim's yard. :D

BARRY: You already know who slid that soapbox in front of you. Chris, of course; he's always stirring and slinging stuff around. :rolleyes::D

. What next in that city...police? I can see it now: available units, armed robbery reportedat 1501 Money Street. This is a $150 call plus recording fees. If arrest made, an additional booking fee will apply. Accept cash, certified check, or Visa only.
We already have that in the criminal court system here. If you plead "not guilty", you are assessed a $500 "plead fee". Even if you are not guilty. While I haven't been subjected to that personally, my landlord's husband is a detective, and sees it every time he is in court.

Good morning. It's 29 and sunny though a tad on the frigid side. The high will be in the high 50's and it will be partly cloudy.

Yesterday I changed out the batteries in the remaining six Tiki lights but I hadn't taken into account the possibility that some of the new batteries had possibly discharged while on the sales rack. Two of the lights ran down rather quickly last night. The batteries in them all came from the same four pack. The others were a mixed bag pretty much, some running down before 2 am while others continued almost to sunrise. The best performers were the two I initially changed out at first. So this morning I'm removing the batteries from all the lights and will recharge them then reinstall them into the lights. That should put them all on an equal footing and tonight we'll see what's what. In case you're wondering how I know when the lights ran down, let's just say I have a neighbor who's a serious night owl. He has an interest in this also as he wants to see if it will be advantageous for him to change out the batteries in his lights as he's commonly awake at those hours when they'll be on.

The Home Health nurse will come by today to change the dressing on my feet then I'll head out to get some grocery shopping done. I'll also be looking at some Athearn blue box kits I received in the mail yesterday. From a cursory inspection yesterday they appear to be in Great Northern livery. There is some passenger equipment in Chicago and Northwestern livery. Not exactly sure what I'll be able to do with it. All three cars need some minor work and they need to be weighted as they are exceedingly light. There were also two ATSF single dome tank cars still equipped with horn hook couplers. Those will of course be replaced with Kadee's as soon as I get some more.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1010634.jpg

sheeesh---wonder if'n you'll be paying phonecall fees to call the police, fire and ambulance on their own numbers. :confused::(:(

I can see that now:eek::confused:

Neighbours doing the firebrigade things and the professional firefighters wondering why no one calls up----:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

beancounterism run amuck:mad::mad:

We charge for fire calls here, but only if it's a company AND it's not classed as an emergency call, say the plumber floods out a room and the electrics are in danger of shorting out it's an emergency BUT if there is no further danger it's not an emergency and they have to pay for pumping assistance. ALL emergencies where life or property is at risk are dealt with FOC by us in the UK. It's the comercial sector who have to pay up for some of the work we have to do, but thats all sorted out after the event.

AWWW! The beauty of the sun beams striking the all the soap bubbles being spouted here!

No!! Keep that box away from me!!!!

The last time I got on it, I fell off and injured myself.
One of my New year's resolutions was to stay off of soap boxes. I picked a bad year to make that resolution since this is an election year for many state officials.:mad:

Jeffery- how long does the doc think you will need treatments for your wounds?

Evening gents!

It's been toooooo quiet in here.....

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........(breath)Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Now that's off my chest.....Not much to report on my end other than Woke up to a morning temp of 45* and right now 58*. I too wil avoid the soap box due to increased laziness which is killing my urge to type long winded speach rambling on so!:rolleyes: I'll just have a cup of coffee and watch some boob tube!

Jeffery- how long does the doc think you will need treatments for your wounds?
He figures a couple more weeks for the one on the right foot. It's downright tiny now. The ones on the left foot are on the ends of two of the toes so those will take a little longer. He says when they're healed he can remove a little bone from the joints causing the problem.

The Home Health nurse came late today (3 pm) so I had some time to get some laundry done. I also picked up a couple of V8 emblems. So many people that have seen my car tear down the road argue with me tooth and nail that it has got to have a V8 stuffed under the hood when I know good and well that it's an over stroked and bored over 3.1 V6 jacked up to around 260 hp. So I figure I'll just put the emblems on it and they can feel that they were right without arguing the point. You just can't convince some people of anything these days even when the facts are staring them right in the face. I also got the remainder of the grocery shopping done. Some flavor packets to make my usual drink (water) taste like something other than plain water, a selection of soups (pretty much one of everything that was on the shelf) and some transmission oil and power steering fluid for the car. There's nothing wrong internally wrong with either system but the lines have a couple of leaks. With the beginning of the month bill paying scramble behind me I may be able to concentrate on what's important tomorrow. Some MR work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back