Coffee Shop 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning from Ye Olde London Towne.

Jim, glad the aliens treated you well. The ones I ran into were a cheap bunch of b*stards. Didn't even get a cuppa and a biscuit. :mad: Even happier you are back in the coffee shop.

Phillip, good to know that Bill is ok. I miss the random pics he throws into his good morning posts.

Finally a long weekend. Woo hoo. 4 days off with no plans at all. I may get some work done on the test plank, or I may just sit here drinking coffee and listening to old 70's tunes. What I won't be doing is driving on the motorway with all the morons that only drive on holidays.

Good Morning From FLORIDA!

OPEN 24/7
Order one Flat Cat, It will be stacked at no extra charge! Coffee is on me with order of the special too!

RoadkillMenuIII.png

RoadkillMenuIIIB.png

RRkillmenu.png

RkillMenu.png

Good morning everyone:), I got today off due to it being Good Friday and I work for for the government! But for those of youzzz getting government cheeze never fear you local food stamp/WIC offices are open to give youz the Cheezee!:rolleyes: Just see my wife at the front desk:D

On the list of todays list, My son and I plan to remodel our old layout. Today we will tear it down to the bare bench work. Hopefully we get the cash to rebuild it to the new plan:)

Chris, I don't know what all the theories were but, no, the aliens were very kind to me and fed me banana splits the entire time. :)

You thought it was banana splits:confused: when really your were being conditioned to Food stamp Chow!;):D

Good morning gents.

MMMM, government cheese! I think I just puked a little in my mouth!

The mad rush to rent tuxedos for prom continues. Some of these kids think that ordering two weeks out is early. It's not, it's late. We are getting worried that less kids are going to prom this year. Knowing the hundreds of dollars it costs, I don't blame them. We'll see how we end up for the season.

I can pretty much guarantee there will be no modeling this weekend for obvious reasons. That's okay, I enjoy the bright, happy nature of Easter. It makes me want to go fly a kite!

I hope you all have great weekend!

Food Stamps? ---are they still green?:confused::confused::)

Good Morning---and HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND!!!--got to cover everything here!:):):D

We're 0C right now going to a high of 9C under our semi permanent cloudbank:confused::(---it will clear up---after nightfall:(---so no sun for us today---but it may change:D:D:D

We're having one of those rare QUIET holidays werein we do not have visitors or do we do same----'Spring' will be a happy cat:):)--hey---I might get some railroad stuff done!!:D:D:D

BTW--after the earlier part of this week trying to go back to winter---we know have several Crocuses up and 6 bunches of Daffodils have cropped up on our backyard:D:D;)---the front yard/garden is starting to sprout all sorts of stuff as we got a lot of perennials in there---or bird seed droppings---well one never can tell---:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

You all have a good'un!!

Food Stamps? ---are they still green?:confused::confused::)
In Louisiana we no longer have paper food stamps. Each recipient is issued a debit card to which their monthly allotment is deposited. This allotment is usable for non-prepared food items only.

Good morning.

It's 70 and very cloudy. The high will be around 80 and it will be partly cloudy.

I stayed home yesterday and rested up from the previous days stupidity/overwork and now I feel much better. About the most strenuous thing I did all day was to reorganize my closet. It contains mostly my model railroad junk collection, scenery materials, rolling stock and computer components and paper towel rolls. A few nights ago the middle shelf collapsed. You never heard such a racket! Fortunately there was mostly junk below so there no real damage. Rebuilding the shelf was the hard part, something any eight year old kid could do. I had it reorganized in about three hours. That was about the most exciting thing I did all day, about as exciting as watching paint dry. Maybe I'll do something more exciting today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/10/2009

Wind Chill: 70°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 20mph SSW

Today High: 78 Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 58 Partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 50s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

DSCN0812.jpg

Jeff win's free road kill dinner for the correct answer! Food stamps are now a debt card which allows you to buy what ever food your family wants....But WIC is in a coupon form for free cheese, cerial, Jucy juice, eggs, and baby formula! Me and my wife quailify for food stamps but government/state workers in wic/food stamp offices are not allowed to collect! LOL's

Philip: Love that stuff and always get a laugh.

Chris: I still think the cats had him backed in a corner with a giant vacuum cleaner :eek:!

The only reason I know about it is because I've been on food stamps since 2002.

How's your local office? I visit my wife some times during business hours:eek: about 1/4 are in real need:( the rest I can see milk it like a lost cow!:mad: I wonder why the government doesn't tighten up get rid of the milkers so it can better help the needy!:confused: I hear so many horrer stores it ain't funny good and bad:(

The local office here isn't too bad. The regs are stringent enough to filter out a lot of the free loaders without locking out those that really need it like I do. Since I can't work the only income I have is my SSI and I can tell you that $675 doesn't go far when there are bills to be paid, so I really have to work to keep expenses down. That FS money really helps.

I always gritted seeing some on stamps at the cashier: prime cuts of meat, tons of junk food, etc. Everyone deserves a "special meal" or a treat, but it is obvious that sensible buying is not a requirement for stamps. [PLEASE: I'm not putting the stamp recipients down (we once had to get on them during a layoff), only the system.]

The local office here isn't too bad. The regs are stringent enough to filter out a lot of the free loaders without locking out those that really need it like I do. Since I can't work the only income I have is my SSI and I can tell you that $675 doesn't go far when there are bills to be paid, so I really have to work to keep expenses down. That FS money really helps.

I feel fer ya man, if we can get rid of the free loaders the more in your pocket!:) Trust me the regs ain't tough enough....at least here:mad: Just sit in the parking lot of the FS/WIC office it will burn you up!:mad: trust me jeff I will bet 3/4 of the clients you see in that office is scaming it!

I know they are. Anybody who can afford to buy a NEW car every two or three years shouldn't be able to draw. I've owned one new in my entire life. All the others have been picked up used. The one I have now had 50,000 miles on it when I got in 99. It was 6 years old. Now it has over 300,000 on it and is on it's second engine and tranny and the front end has been rebuilt twice.

Jeff, Chris It would be the same up here too. We don't have that kind of program but --- sheeesh!! the stories!!:eek::eek::mad:

I'm almost down to the last picky details on that ding atrium. I also decided to build in--OY--in N scale yet!!:eek::eek:--a set of elevators for the apartments that are on the second floors on up. Williston is/was a happenin' place--on my freelanced route, so there.:):):)

I noticed the noaa site has some nastiness headin' in some members way--\be careful out there guys:eek::eek::eek:

Evening, all. Flo, the usual here. The stronger the better. I like my coffee like I like my women strong and sweet. I know, I'm not politically correct. Shoot me later, just let me finish my coffee.

Went to the "junk shop"(aka Flea Market). Found a couple of real good deals. I wasn't really looking to buy, just "window" shopping. There was a vendor there that had a TON of HO trains for sale. Some were Tyco and LifeLike "toy" sets. But there were a bunch of "jewels" in the mix. Four Proto 2000 undecorated FA/B's, both powered, a Proto 2000 Wabash E unit with 8 Wabash passenger cars, a Kato Monon BL109, a Spectrum K4 NYC and a bunch of what look like Athrearn cars, about 20 or so. There was an O-gauge Lionel k4 with four cars, a caboose, and track, and various Atlas nickel HO switches, crosses, FlexTrack, pieces,and such. I was looking at the F's when he asked if I would be interested in the whole shootin' match. I said,"Mebbe".

I asked what he might be asking. When he said $100, I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. It flew out of my hand and landed about 40 feet away. It hit some lady in the back and fell to the floor. While we were gathering everything up,incli=udingmy waywardwalletr, he offered another 40% off!!!! All of the stuff for $60!!!

Now I'm not stupid by any means. And neither am I a thief. I asked the guy if he knew the value of what he just sold me. He seemed clueless. He said he bought the stuff a an estate sale and didn't have much in it. He needed to move it. Well, being too honest I told him that there must be close to $1500 worth, or more, of stuff there. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Seems to me you got a good deal." I shook my head and replied, "I wish I could get more deals just like this one."

His reply, "Come back tomorrow and you can HAVE the stuff I have in my garage, too."

Have? More stuff? Free? .......Yep. So tomorrow at 10 am, I'll see what bounty I'm getting, he said four boxes, 24"x24"x24", plus some loose "miscellaneous" stuff. Gonna have to clean out the closet, I think. At least organize it. Christmas at Easter. Lovin' it.

The better half, thankfully, she's into the layout as much as I am, wants me to give the guy another $200. She asked me if I felt bad paying so little. I looked at her quite puzzled and asked, "Should I?". I don't feel guilty at all, would you? Amazed? Mebbe, Guilty? NOT!!

Sorry to just drop in and gloat. Can anyone pay for my coffee? I'm broke. Just kiddin'. If you got any pie left Flo, I'll buy a round for everyone....and give 'em a cup of coffee too. The GOOD stuff, not the stuff you serve me.

Everyone, have a Happy Easter and remember what it's all about. I'll just hop outta here.(I know....weak joke)

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening, everyone.

It was a wild day down here in Dixieland. I spent most of the day working on the taxes and all the storms stayed to the north. That changed real quick like about 6:00 pm. Had thunderstorms lined up like a freight train with the weather radio going off about every three minutes. Got the cats rounded up - I used a broom this time. :) We had a tornado touch down about five miles north of us and one about two miles south of us. They were weak, thank goodness, and mostly blew down trees and an old barn. Spent about 30 minutes in the basement waiting for things to clear up. I left the cats penned up in the basement because it looked like another squall line was forming and, sure enough, things started all over again about 8:00. This time we got 58 mph straight line winds and quarter sized hail. Back to the basement for a while but no more tornados that I've heard of. The last report I saw was 42 reports of tornado touchdowns including one in the city of Montgomery. Everything has finally cleared out but the last gasps were quite a sight. We had a full moon that rose over the storms as they headed south and I watched the moon surrounded by lightning for about 15 minutes. I don't know why but weather has always fascinated me. Oh, yeah, the globe on the street light in front of the house is gone. I guess the wind blew it off but I looked around the neighborhood and it must have sailed off somewhere since I couldn't find it.

Jeffrey, I would have gladly rebuilt that shelf if you would come and do my taxes. Why do they get more complicated every year? Number one daughter is upset because she has to pay three bucks tax this year. I've tried to explain to her that giving your money to the government for free for 16 months is not a savings account but she still doesn't get it.

Thanks, Corey and Andrew. It's nice to be missed. Corey, I hope business isn't too far down this year. Even though all those kids are a pain, at least they bring in money. Andrew, a four day weekend with nothing planned sounds wonderful. I hope you enjoy it.

BOC, everything is green and blooming here with all the rain we've been having. I do remember all the dreary days in Cleveland and how nice it was to see the first signs of spring. Down here, it seems to happen almost overnight.

Rex, LOL. I just bought a new shop vac because the old one finally died. This one is about twice as big and actually has about a three inch diameter hose since it will also suck up water. The cats were avoiding me when I was putting it together and testing it out. :) I hope the weather wasn't too bad up your way.

Bob, what can I say? I hate you. :D I never, ever find deals anything close to what you lucked into. If you were a really nice guy, you'd send each of us a boxcar or something.

I know nothing about the food stamp program but I'm sure, like every government program, it gets its share of cheaters. It would be nice to see some of them get nabbed but, with a government that can't even seem to get an indictment for big-time corporate thieves, I suspect food stamp cheats are not high on the list of priorities.

BTW, am I the only American that's outraged that we have one of our citizens floating around in a 28 foot lifeboat with four thugs, next to a 583 foot destroyer, and there seems to be nothing we can do about it? I cannot believe that no sailors were at their weapons and on watch when the hostage made a dive into the ocean. We have all the high tech things in the world to be able to see very well in the dark. The destroyer has 12.7mm machine guns and 20mm cannons. I'm certain that, with the green light, that the lifeboat and the thugs could have been turned into tiny pieces in about five seconds flat. I'm sure the sailors and marines on that destroyer must be way more mad than me that they weren't given the chance to effect the rescue and eliminate the threat. :mad:

Good morning from Ye Olde London Towne.

Jeffery, don't get me started on welfare parasites. The UK has more than their fair share of them. They tried a coupon system here for food but the scumbags just found shops that were willing to take them for booze and cigs. They guestimate that around 80% of all benefit recipients here are milking the system. I'd love a new big plasma screen to watch my HD holiday videos from Spain or Greece, but I'm too busy working to pay the taxes that fund these pikey dole scum.:mad:

Jim, its frustrating about the pirates but I think the navy is doing the right thing. 4 desparate frightened armed men on a small boat, the captain would be dead before any rescue could get within 400 yards. Wait it out until they are very tired and hungry. Still risky but it improves the odds.

Had a good relaxing day yesterday just getting the rest of the track down on my test plank. Also managed some more foam carving for the scenery. Today its off to see Leyton Orient play. (soccer) They are league 1 which is similar to watching A league baseball. Just hope the rain holds off for a few hours.

Have a good day all and hope the Easter Beagle is good to you.

GOOD MORNING!

Its Easter weekend, hope you're all having a good one.

looks like the weather, (unlike in the south) up here is going to be lovely for the whole week. getting warmer, the sun is shining, grass is growing!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back