Coffee Shop 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks.

Happy Birthday Chris!

I spent three hours yesterday with a customer of mine at his house. I was completely blown away when I walked down to his basement. He has a garden scale railroad in his basement! The room is 46x28, and is a glorious temple to choo choos! He models narrow gauge in Colorado mixed with Swiss alps. I know, strange combination, but it works. He is a retired dentist who sold his home of forty three years. They completely dismantled the outdoors layout. The criteria for the new house was a huge room for trains with a walk out basement. He ran a K27(?) locomotive with sound for me. I guess he has about thirty-five hundred into that one locomotive. It sure was pretty. Anyway, I thought it was quite interesting.

Maybe Jim got sucked into the cat vacuum!

I hope you all have a good day!

Good morning folks

It was 36 F as I left the house this morning. Our high will be 53F.

I had to go to a viewing this morning for a cousin. She was 85 when she passed. She and her husband were very close with my parents. She stood in for my mother at my wedding. My mother had passed away about a year before the wedding and since they were so close I could think of no one else to stand in.

Work has been crazy and there seems to be no end in sight. I took two days off and everything went to pot. A mistake in one of the estimated quantities was found on our economic stimulus projects that meant we had to go back and redo other quantities and will have to correct them on the jobs that were just let.

I wish I could find some time for modeling but it has not been there. Tonight we have the Webelos hike which will fulfill the last Arrow of Light requirements for some of our scouts.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!!

I hope everybody has a good day.

Went down and mowed my parents yard then swept their front patio and walk. That doesn't sound like much until you consider the patio is ten feet wide and over ninety feet long. Add a walkway that's around sixty feet long and seven feet wide with six steps along it's length. Now that's work! I think I overdid it, as usual. My back, hips and knees are screaming! I'm sure my feet would be too if I could feel them.Man, I'm going to feel all that in the morning.

Thanks for the B-day wishes:) Now my wifes is this 12th and my sons is the 18th:eek: and FIL I thinks is the 24th:eek::eek: We plan on having the party this sunday on easters........Fun time.... fun times:rolleyes::)

I believe Jim is being held captive by an evil wife, jelous all the time he spends here chating with us!:mad: and we should send the Coffee Shop Nijia's to save him from her clutches!:)

Yo, Flo, I need a caffeine injection over here!!

Well, I made the trip to Tipton to try to locate our wayward Bill. I found the address but, got no answer when I knocked. I left a note in the door, hopefully it didn't blow away. Told him that has friends at the cafe were worrying about him. I hope he doesn't think it's SPAM.

I actually made the trip to go to Kokomo to the hobby shop. Had the pups, (2)Boston Terriers, riding shotgun. i need some supplies, paint, glue, knife blades, Kadee #5 couplers...you know...."stuff". Ended up spending about $600 on a NEW steamer, another NKP Berkshire. Also bought another P2K Wabash E-8, and couple of P2K F-units. And some more box cars and a 'boose. Still looking for some more Monon engines.

Anyway, got a few weathering projects and assembly to do now.

Well, better get busy. I'll be back when I take my "union" break.

Bob

Overdid it earlier mowing the parents yard and cleaning up their front patio. I laid down for a little rest and woke up at 11:30 pm! Guess I was worse off than I thought.

Good Morning From FLORIDA!

OPEN 24/7

RoadkillMenuIII.png

RoadkillMenuIIIB.png

RRkillmenu.png

RkillMenu.png

A Good Morning to all of you!!!! Current Temperature is -2C with the high going to 9C. In fact we's going to sit about between -4C to 11C for lows/highs respectively with ooodles of sunshine over the Easter weekend...:D:D:D:D

Bob Hopefully that'll bring him back---or we'll find something out!!!:confused::):)

Wonder where Jim went---:confused::confused:

Have a good'un!!!:):):)

Good morning.

It's 59 and partly cloudy. Today's high will be in the upper 70's and it will be partly cloudy with a small chance of thunderstorms this afternoon and evening.

I don't expect to get much done on the layout today as I am in pain from my neck to my knees. I really overdid it yesterday. I should have left the sweeping of the porch for today. Instead I did that AND the mowing yesterday plus some other smaller tasks and now I'm paying for it. I'm so stiff this morning you could drop a quarter on me and it would probably bounce to the ceiling! It's definitely going to be a stay at home day, no real problem there as I'm at home every day anyway. I have some pain killers I can use but I really don't like the way some of them react with the meds I have to take every day. It can get pretty interesting. Finally got the lighting problem for Ezra's home taken care of. If you recall it's on top of his gas station garage. Sure makes life difficult for a 2nd story man. Anyhow I didn't want to run a separate set of wires under the layout. Instead I considered the possibilities that already existed. There was really only one that would work. The garage is lit by four 4 volt bulbs that are in a cluster. I merely separated one bulb from the cluster and ran it up through a hole I had drilled in the garage roof. Viola! Quick and easy lighting for Ezra's home.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/9/2009

Wind Chill: 58°F
Humidity: 96%
Dew Point: 58°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 59°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph NNE

Lake wind advisory in effect from 9 AM this morning to 6 pm cdt this evening.

Today High: 78 Partly cloudy in the morning...then mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight Low: 65 Partly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Fairly easy to see from the condition of the guard rails why 6319 is in the shop.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0807.jpg

Good morning.

We are continuing our climb into the fifties this week, Hooray!! Now, if the grass could speed up the growing process, I'd be a happy camper. Having everything brown right now is getting really depressing. When the green does come, then what am I gong to complain about?:)

I did carve some foam last night. I'm starting to agree with my wife, let's see some progress! Until recently, I've really only modeled on my days off. Now I'm going back to working a little each day. I'm sick of looking at blue foam!:)

I have a long day at work so not much else gets done on Thursdays. I guess I'm out earning train money! Yep, and whatever is leftover is used for rent, electricity, food, etc...

I hope you all have a nice day.

For those interested, one of the members across the street finally made contact with Bill T. and found that he is just fine. His schedule has changed and so he just hasn't been in.

For those interested, one of the members across the street finally made contact with Bill T. and found that he is just fine. His schedule has changed and so he just hasn't been in.

Thanks Phillip for lettiing us know!:cool:

...now if only somebody knew what's going on with Jim...:confused:

Afternoon, everyone.

Sorry to have been away for a bit. That sure is good news about Bill Tilder.

Let's see. Saturday, I did my security thing at the church. It went fine except for one one little moment. As part of the program, the youth group was putting on a play in the auditorium. I was in the lobby and heard a very loud gunshot. :eek: With all that's been happening lately, I thought it was my turn in the tank. I ran into the auditorium with my weapon drawn to find two people on stage with very realistic looking guns. Some of the people in the back jumped up and shouted "It's part of the play!" I don't know who was more scared, them or me. I talked to the youth minister who put on the play and told him to please let me know if any play included gunshots...or I'd beat the living snot out him next time. :mad:

Spent most of Sunday at church for various activities. I wasn't feeling well most of the day and felt worse when I got home. Started run a fever and proceeded to evacuate bodily fluids from various cavities. I apparently got whatever this stomach virus is that's been going around. I spent most of Monday and Tuesday in bed feeling like a truck hit me. Felt somewhat better yesterday and managed to keep food down. Took Dianna to get her repeat endoscopy done and her ulcers have all healed so that was good news. I feel almost normal today so I guess the bug has moved on. Of course, this has screwed up my schedule for getting our income tax return done so I'll be spending a few late nights on that.

I haven't had time to do more than browse all the posts. Happy Belated Birthday, Chris. Thanks to all the people who asked about me. It;'s nice to know people care enough to worry about me but, so far, I'm too tough to die. :)

Nice to see ya Jim, Bunch of theorys on your being missing! The Aliens were good to ya right, No butt probbing?

Good to see you're back JIM---started to wonder about weirdness occurring down your way and all!!:eek::):):)

Got back from a loooonngg road trip to Owen Sound. Short client visit but those drives-----sheeesh:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm going to my trainroom and see what 'Spring' was into--Audrey heard some clicking/clunking followed by some mmm?--mmm? sounds from him----:eek::confused:---She couldn't see anything but----:confused::confused:

2008 Darwin Awards
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it's that magical time of year again when the Darwin Awards are bestowed, honoring the least evolved among us.

Here is the glorious winner:

1. When his 38-caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a holdup in Long Beach , California , would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.

And now, the honorable mentions:

2. The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat-cutting machine and, after a little shopping around, submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company expecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The chef's claim was approved.

3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car
during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.

4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.

5. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head wounds received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.

6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the
counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer... $15. [If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?]

7. Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided thathe'd just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.

8. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man
grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, the police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, "Yes, officer, that's her. That's the lady I stole the purse from."

9. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti, Michigan, at 5 A.M., flashed a gun, and
demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away. [*A 5-STAR STUPIDITY AWARD WINNER]

10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle Street , he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline and plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had.

In the interest of bettering mankind, please share these with your
friends and family... unless of course one of these individuals by
chance is a distant relative or long-lost friend. In that case, be glad they are distant and hope they remain lost.

Chris, I don't know what all the theories were but, no, the aliens were very kind to me and fed me banana splits the entire time. :)

BOC, believe me, I thought about the "wierdness" that's been going on when I heard that gunshot. I'm just glad it turned out to be no big deal although I'd still like to slug our youth minister.

Phillip, those are hilarious! I think I may have run into a few of them in my years in law enforcement.

Jeffery, a marked deck that's all jokers....I like that one. :D

It was a nice warm day here with out first 80 degree day. Looks like we may be headed into another round of severe weather Friday and Sunday. It's been a pretty active spring down here so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back