Coffee Shop 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some serious catching up to do. computer died during a power failure last week, but its back now, with improvements!

been crazy busy just riding, and trying to keep horses clean, plus advertising for paying customers.

My train room in the barn loft is almost ready for the beginnings of TRAINS! I'll take a photo of it today.

see you all later, have a GREAT weekend, happy easter, and all that stuff, hope the easter bunny is good to all of you.

pancakes with maple syrup, cinnamon and whipped cream all round for breakfast this morning.

Jim, glad you're OK! Sounds like it was pretty intense!

Bob, I just wanna know, why does this stuff always happen to the other guy? Oh wait, YOU WOULDN'T KNOW, WOULD YA? Glad for ya though! Now go collect your booty!

Good morning.

It's 50 and clear. The high will be in the mid 70's and it will be partly cloudy.

Spent most of yesterday transferring a bunch of shows from DVR to VHS tape and making sure to knock out any and all commercials. The DVR only holds 150 hours worth of shows and I want to keep as much of that as possible clear for train related content. I'm not sure what I'll do on the layout next but I'll think up something.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/11/2009

Wind Chill: 48°F
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 43°F

So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 50°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 10mph NE

Today High: 75 Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 60 Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows around 60. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0826.jpg

Hello--HAPPY EASTER and all that-------

We're going to be sunny for several days with highs around the 14C mark----heeheehee:rolleyes:;):rolleyes:;)

Bob--HAH!!! I tell people deals like yours and those i fall over are out there---but do people listen?!?!----NNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p----now get them while they're out there!!!;);):):):D:D

Did not get much sleep last night as 'Spring' kept using me for a trampoline and making with his little chirps and questioning--mmm?, mmm?--calls:confused::confused::(. Every so often I would hear a crash from something----go look---find nothing---hear another tussle with something---hear crashtinkle:eek::eek:---go look--find nothing again----I'm thinking he must've got into some left over coffee?:rolleyes::rolleyes::confused: Who knows---he was all silly anyhooo----:):):)

Good Morning From FLORIDA!

Happy Easters Eve!:D I just got done with mowing a few lawns, and cleaned out my train room some:) Monday night I will sift through the parts of the old layout and see what I can reuse, Then start finishing the train room!

Thanks LTF for the pancakes...sure were yummy with the maple syrup! Our weather will be twix & tween this weekend, but we should have a sunny Easter morning. The rain is suppose to hold off until later.

Bob....OUTSTANDING! If you don't feel guilty you should...towards us, I mean. The seller saw no value to him in the batch and just wanted to rid himself of those items. It was either sell to you for that price or risk no sale at all. Lucky Stiff!!!

Jim: we didn't get a drop of rain yesterday and was partly cloudy with strong winds. I saw that ugly wall hitting you.

Andrew: what you described with your food coupons was exactly what happened here (still going on even with the card system). Even some small and country grocery stores would exchange money for them at X cents on the dollar. At 63, I have never seen a give-away system that worked as intended.

Afternoon, everyone and a Happy Easter to all.

LTF, nice to hear you are seeing some green things again up there. Sounds like you may actually be getting ready to move into the addictive phase of model railroading. :)

Phillip, yes, I'm sure my blood pressure went up a few points. I'm getting too old for this stuff.

Jeffrey, I don't understand why you are transferring DVR's to VHS tape. Isn't that a step backwards?

BOC, I can tell you for sure that there are no deals like that in Alabama. I've been to about 100 yard sales since I've been down here and the best I've seen is a Tyco GP-20. I don't know if there are just not many people here who were into trains or what. Our four little ruffians get locked in their bedroom, AKA, the laundry room, at night. If they were allowed to roam the house with no supervision, half the furniture would be destroyed by morning. :)

Chris, sounds like a big job ahead of you. There's something about starting over that's always fun though.

Rex, it looked like most of it was east and north of you but I'm surprised you got nothing. It looked like we were going to get nothing until everything blew up late in the afternoon. Looks like round two for tomorrow evening and Monday.

Andrew, I'm sure the idea is to wait these guys out. At some point, they will either get the ransom or they are going to kill their hostage. I'm hoping that ransom is not an option that's on the table. That only leaves one outcome by waiting longer. I'm certain that the Navy has many options to effect a rescue but the operation is being run as a diplomatic problem from Washington rather than a military operation by the commanders on-scene. I can tell you from my SWAT training that remote control operations rarely have a good outcome. The French waited for almost seven days before retaking the hijacked yacht yesterday. It was unfortunate that one hostage died but four were saved and two thugs were killed and three more taken into custody. It's not always possible to save everyone in these kind of situations but, at some point, the rule of law has to overcome the rule of anarchy. I'm pretty sure these thugs will think twice about hijacking a French vessel again. That should be our goal in this operation.

Jeffrey, I don't understand why you are transferring DVR's to VHS tape. Isn't that a step backwards?
Because the DVR has no way of backing up onto DVD's and I don't have a DVD recorder. The DVR's memory space is limited and I don't want to clutter it up with non-railroad stuff.

I spent a good part of the day with Audrey at the mall:)---I'm here to say that my wife, who spent the last several years stuck in a wheelchair, is now walking around the mall with just her cane!!!!:D:D:D--we even went to the mall in a city bus---something she had major issues with before----She figures that with the exercises she gets from a colleague I know through work she will be on her own walking/busing around:D:D:D---this'll really help her health!!!:D:D:D

Hey, everybody, Mr. Lucky here. The usual, Flo.

Well, I was about 10 minutes late picking my boxes up this morning. Spent the entire day cleaning the closet, testing and sorting goodies.

There were six boxes additional. And they were a bit larger than 24" cubed. Most were closer to 30"x24"x30". And they were FULL!! Buildings, engines, cars, track......, you name it, it was in there.

The prizes seem to be a group of 6 brass steam engines, (2)4-6-4's, an 0-8-0, a 2-6-2, an 0-6-0 and a ten-wheeler. They are in original boxes but still shows some sign of patina. The writing on the boxes is in Japanese. The story behind them is that the guy bought them while stationed there.

I am going to disassemble them, get out the Brasso and Barkeeper's friend, clean 'em up and apply a clear coat. The pickup shoes show no sign of wear what so ever. I doubt if they have ever seen the track.

The structures are first rate for the most part. I have yet to go to my books to look them up. There are a few that look like Tyco/LifeLike and such. Two boxes of structures. Some are in need of very minor repair, loose roofs and such.

The rolling stock was all in original boxes. Ahearn, Varney, Accurail, and some tags I don't recognize. Mostly HO.

Two boxes of O gauge, both 2 and 3-rail. I haven't looked them up either. Looks like I might be setting up an O-gauge layout too.

I'll be gone all day tomorrow, so talk to you all Monday. Again, have a Happy Easter and remember what it's all about.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back