Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

Friday, September 21, 2012

coffee-pouring111.png

:cool:

tipton1_depot_class_zpsc4f364c1.png

Tipton depot, Tipton IN-Schoolchildren waiting to take a trip by train to Frankfort-1949

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Tipton. The centre of baby boomerland. Wonder if any of them are on here (apart from Bill that is)

Good Morning!!

And on that note..I'd like to say that we are experiencing some sun, some cloud, and a bit of rain later on...high of 66F expected this afternoon.:)

Going to spend part of the day at our local food bank helping out...without doing heavy lifting here...:eek:

Have a good day!!:)

Good morning. It's 55° with 95% humidity. It's partly cloudy. The high will be 85°.
cond026.gif

Well this morning I'm definitely red and it hurts to move. The plan today is to stay in and do as little possible. I may get some cleanup done on the layout later.

DSCN0500.jpg

Good afternoon,
It another fairly hot day here in Central Calif. and I not sure if I picked up some kind of a flu bug or not? Time will tell. I do know I need to charger the car battery so that's something I better get done.

Say Jeff, The use of the India ink wash sprayed on the windows sure adds to the realism of a place lacking care.
It looks real good and a useful idea of using the wash!

Talk with you later.

Just stopping by for a quick vist. I've been way to busy lately. In the month of August I went on vacation for a week, bought a house and got all my 'stuff' moved, and went to engineer class for 3 weeks. Plus I went on a camping trip one weekend during class. I don't want to see another month like that again!

I don't have internet at my new house yet, so I've got use the library's for now. Not sure when I'll be back again.

Wow! Today I scored an awesome new upstairs apartment in a large old house near downtown. My place is sooo big.....I call it the warehouse. There is only one other apartment and its isolated away from mine completely by front and rear stairwells (no common walls with mine). I was looking for a private quiet place after living in shoetack pit for too long.

My new landlord is super nice. He said the lady in the other apt. is quiet and rarely home. There is a small doctors office on ground floor open monday-friday. I was looking for a one bedroom place....but I found this two bedroom for $100/month less than the one bedroom I'm moving out of will be after they raise the rent $50 like they promised if I stayed.

I am so lucky! All I have is a kitchen table and chairs, bed, computer desk, train layout on a door, and a model building work table made of a door on plastic saw horses. The huge dining area will house the N scale train layout with room for massive expansion. The cathedral sized living room will be an enormous entry foyer. I just have nothing to put in there. :eek::)

Mike

Afternoon all.....Busy weekend coming up as I have to get the garage cleaned out. I wish the job would stay as moving is such a pain. Looks like the couple of jobs I applied for locally won't pan out. I really don't want to move, but since the job is going away, I'd have to move anyway as nobody is hiring IT guys for near what I'm getting paid. There is one place advertising for Computer Science\Electrical Engineer\Computer Engineers, but they only want new grads. Those of us with 15 year old degrees they won't hire.
Moving is a huge job. Can't imagine how much more work you are facing moving a family hundreds of miles with a whole house full of furnishings. I hope you sell your house soon and get settled in your new place. Best of luck with everything!

Mike

Moving is a huge job. Can't imagine how much more work you are facing moving a family hundreds of miles with a whole house full of furnishings.
The last time my family moved was December, 1989 when we moved from Stuttgart Germany to Leesville Louisiana. Since then my parents have moved once. From the west wing of the house to the east wing.

wow! Today i scored an awesome new upstairs apartment in a large old house near downtown. My place is sooo big.....i call it the warehouse. All i have is a kitchen table and chairs, bed, computer desk, train layout on a door, and a model building work table made of a door on plastic saw horses. The huge dining area will house the n scale train layout with room for massive expansion. The cathedral sized living room will be an enormous entry foyer. I just have nothing to put in there.
Layout expansion time!!

Ok Gang!
The gnashing of teeth, the busting of knuckles, and the string of profanities is over. The Cub Crapette lives again!, and tomorrow the final bolts will be done for the new class III hitch on the truck....so long bumper hitch!!:D:D:D

Maybe I can play with the trains this weekend!!!!:D

You know this statement was the kiss of death for your train plans?
I was planning on some train time at my LHS.... Until my wife and my friends found out " I didn't have anything to do". Sigh...

Ok Gang!
The gnashing of teeth, the busting of knuckles, and the string of profanities is over. The Cub Crapette lives again!, and tomorrow the final bolts will be done for the new class III hitch on the truck....so long bumper hitch!!:D:D:D

Ohh....you have one of those better tractors! :p

I wish I had any tractor.....and a yard. :):rolleyes:

Mike

You know this statement was the kiss of death for your train plans?
I was planning on some train time at my LHS.... Until my wife and my friends found out " I didn't have anything to do". Sigh...
Oh man, whats with all the negative energy man! You're crampin my style, bringing me down with all the bad vibes....It aint too groovy dude!

(OK, sometimes I channel Oddball from Kelly's Heroes!)

Ohh....you have one of those better tractors! :p

I wish I had any tractor.....and a yard. :):rolleyes:

Mike

No no no NO!!! You've just got every model railroader's dream, Plenty of space and NO outdoor distractions or things to be looked after. Count your blessings and give thanks to whomever.

Also it sounds as though there's no-one to oppose you either. Utter, utter BLISS.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!!

No no no NO!!! You've just got every model railroader's dream, Plenty of space and NO outdoor distractions or things to be looked after. Count your blessings and give thanks to whomever.

Also it sounds as though there's no-one to oppose you either. Utter, utter BLISS.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!!
True yes....if I can fill some of that huge place with more trains......it could be awesome!!! :D:eek::D

Mike

Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

coffee-pouring111.png

:cool:

tipton_3_zps7338fbe5.png

East bound train passes "RF" (bldg on the left-now gone) as it crosses the IMC Dist. on the former NKP (now NS) at Tipton IN.

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Last edited by a moderator:

Back