Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
Since it looked as if we were in need of a new place I took it upon myself to open one. Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning. It's 58° and partly cloudy. The high will be 88°.
cond026.gif

Still not feeling up to par this morning. Woke up feeling light headed. Not dizzy though. I was able to put brass wheels on an AHM center flow hopper so that's something. I have a car in my train here that needs metal wheels. It's a Tyco Kellogg's center flow hopper. It has body mounted couplers already but still has the original Tyco trucks minus the coupler pockets. I'll need to look through my stuff here and see if I can find a set of metal wheels that'll fit.

I may be able to get out later and work on the tractor. I still have to replace that busted idler pulley on it and the starter relay needs to be replaced. I have the parts so that's not a problem.

DSCN2658.jpg

Well, in looking around the ANPL area, I think I found out why the old coffee shop was still open after hours. Larry has retired, and we will have to break in a new guy to keep the place from getting too crowded.
The next time pne of us sees a moderator, maybe we can flag him down and have him lock the doors on the old shop.

Aha! Somebody finally stopped in!:) I thought my Social Security was going to expire.:rolleyes::D

The long train on my layout. It's grown by a couple of cars and here is being pulled by the trio of Frankenstein F units led by a Santa Fe F7 and boosted by two F3's.

th_DSCN2668.jpg

That's a shame the layout had to be torn down, but what must be must be done.:( This time you can maybe straighten out those areas that bugged you before and inadvertently create some more.:D

aaaahhhhhhh...the new place opened up....

Good afternoon...

We are sunny and 66F right now. A bit different from the usual high of 88F feeling like 108F for the past several weeks/months....

Got the groceries done, now it is off to finish off the gardening started yesterday....

Ken, sorry to learn of Vicky's Mom. Hope she can recover, but like you said about 92 y.o.

Two daughters and you're doing the laundry/housework??? Bet with a little encouragement, they would want to help ;).

Rex, thanx for the sympathetic words. According to Vicky, as of 10:30 central time last night, her mother had got enough of her strength back that she could "graduate" to the rehab center - which is also a nursing home. My question now is, will this new place actually do physical therapy with her to help her recover...or will they do like the most recent one, a literal hell-on-earth where all they did was throw a DeePends on her and park her in a wheelchair in front of a TV?:mad: We all want her to actually leave this 'rehab' and return to my SIL's house at some point.

As for my daughters: They are helping wherever they can, but they have school homework and other extracurricular activities that use up their time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon Guys,
It's another fairly warm day in Heatsville which I just love of course like stepping on tack or a bee sting.

So Flo & Francine, those are the two ladies Bill Tidler used to post, at least that's what I named them, Flo's the Blond to me and Francine is the Black-haired fox!

Hello Ladies, how are you both today? I see the new place is taking shape quite nicely, your both fast workers. Oh, Rex and Jeffery have been helping have they, interesting!

I'd like the Pot Roast plate and some cold Soda and a piece of Mince-meat Pie for desert if you would. Oh, no Mince-Meat? How about Rhubarb then, that you have, great!

Not too much going on out this was other than keeping track of what's anticipated in the near future with the Nations security? Which is certainly questionable.

I'd really like to get back to working on the my layout and finish taking some pictures of the curved turnouts I started to build some time ago and never finished so hopefully that will happen soon?

Other than posting some hopefully helpful hints to another modeler not too much has been happening on the forum here.

I did inquire with Jeffrey about the DPM building and it's lit interior which I thought was unique and I guess he printed it out on some card stock, it looks very nice. As Mike pointed out it's a, '2 bit' Barber shop. I was think it was more like a Merchantile type of interior. I have to look on the web and see what's abailable?

Say Ken,
Gonna be a long week for me. Vicky [MOH] just flew down to Alabama today to visit with her 92yr-old mother who's in the hospital. She's been in and out of hospitals and nursing homes for the past two weeks since she fell face-forward and sustained a serious bruise on her forehead. The poor woman's life is hanging literally by a thread, her body slowly wasting away from the inside out. Vicky thought if she went down there to see her she might cheer up and recover. I didn't have the heart to say to her, there's not likely to be any "recovery" from being 92. But this may be the final chance she has to see her mom, so she made the right decision [going to AL].

I too am sorry to hear about Vicky's Mom, hopefully she will be able to come home but those places sorry to say seem more like do more harm than good and I know in the case of my Mom they did things that caused her injury, two times, and when I asked for a copy of the 'Incident Report' which any concerned family member is supposed to be able to obtain, just by asking, they couldn't seem find anyone that knew what happened! In writing that I just realized that statment on their part actually incriminates them as it means the patient wasn't being cared for properly as well as the appropriate notes of the incidents were not made or are too detrimental to them to allow to come forth! Either way just that alone shows willful negligence on their part!

Unfortunate they caused my poor Mother to die do to their lack proper care. I know she had to go some time but they were most certainly guilty of Elder Abuse in several areas and her bad teath were on of them and I mad them aware of her dental needs on numerous occasions and they just sluffed it off as it wasn't causing them any pain! [***] [*****]

It was the right thing for Vicky to do to go and see her Mom as it may be the last time she see's her alive. I was very fortunate to be able to go to the hospital my Mom was taken to and she and I were able to communicate a bit when I told her she was a real sick girl and that I loved her and knew she loved me and she nodded her head in acknowledgment and then slipped into unconscious state never again to wake up. The doctor said she was very bad of as her Left Lung was completely collapsed and the Right lung was partially collapsed along with renal failure and an infectious disease in her her blood stream and that possibly kidney dialysis might help but I figured my poor Mom had suffered more than enough and it was time to let her go to be with Dad. I don't mind saying I'm getting quite broke up recounting the situation but such is life and death it seems. lt's just that more respect is due to the elderly than was given to my poor Mom and theie actions & in-actions were uncalled for.

Sorry for my Rant.

David,

Sorry to hear your Mom had to go thru all that!

If Vicky and her sister had their druthers, she could go straight back to my SIL's house and be visited there by a physical therapist. But home health visits of that type aren't covered by her insurance [ don't get me started...:mad: ], they only cover inpatient "rehabs". So - just as it happened last time - she'll most likely deteriorate and have to go back into the hospital as she languishes in the warehouse-for-the-elderly. And the whole cycle repeats itself...

Hey, new diggs!!
Nice Jeffrey! Did you decorate the place yourself, or did the girls help you??

Ken,,,motivate the girls,,,burnt dinner will help motivate them to help with dinner, starch in the undies will get the laundry done!:p
How do you think I survived my 2 sisters!! :rolleyes:

Well as I figured I didn't get anything done outside today. Layoutwise I made a few short videos, one of which I've already posted. Here are the other two:

Railfans rooftop video:
th_DSCN2673.jpg

Railfan getting too close to track:
th_DSCN2670.jpg

Well, time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P7011474.jpg

David,

If Vicky and her sister had their druthers, she could go straight back to my SIL's house and be visited there by a physical therapist. But home health visits of that type aren't covered by her insurance [ don't get me started...:mad: ], they only cover inpatient "rehabs". So - just as it happened last time - she'll most likely deteriorate and have to go back into the hospital as she languishes in the warehouse-for-the-elderly. And the whole cycle repeats itself...

Sorry to hear that you have to go through this much rigmarol with these warehouse louts....we had a rather good set up here that tried to help as best they could but both my parents ended up going to a hospice instead....:(

--------------------------

Good Evening

Got up to 62F here this afternoon and we are going to 4F tonight. We had all the windows open here during the day...

Got the gardening done and then the wife asks....mmmmmm...how about we think about a garden railroad for next summer.......

On that note...I'll do the same thing and head off and watch some garden railroad videos....:eek:

David,

Thanks for your sympathy Ken,
It's been over a year but the images don't leave.

The first incident of Mom's injury was when she was dropped and it broke her arm and maybe here shoulder.
The point here is that after she was sent to one of the larger Hospitals in Fresno and spent a week there and they got her system balanced out and fed properly she looked much better than when she first was taken there.

As far as my request for the incident report the administrator talked to me at their Christmas party, which happened to be the same afternoon/evening Mom was taken back and I of course was there having followed the Ambulance down to the Convalescent Hosp.

The Admin told me he checked around and nobody knew what happened! But in the next breath he said that he knew that they always used the Hoya lift to transfer Mom from bed to a Jerry chair and back to bed. Interesting that he didn't know what happened but knew the above info?? I didn't say anything to him but about a week prior to Mom's injury I personally whitnessed two CNA's use a folded bed sheet when a Hoya lift wasn't available. I was only about 4' feet from them and they were in clear view.

So he purjured himself by what he said in two ways!

So I know exactly what your referring too.

Say Barry,
Thanks for your sympathy too and I'm also sorry to here about your folks too.

It's no fun having to deal these people and my situation was compounded by the fact the County was trying to prove I abused my poor Mom due to some sores that developed on the inside of her leg and worked there way out, and even went as far as to file Felony charges against me when they had no proof of anything and had to dismiss the alleged charges but not until I had to pay $7,000 in legal fees to be defended. And would you believe I could never find a law firm willing to take the case!! It just astounds me and the whole thing was over a land grab deal.

Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Tuesday, September 11, 2012

coffee-pouring111.png

LEW_EATONIN.png

Bridge over the Mississinawa River at Eaton IN on the LE&W RR

:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

9/11/01
NEVER FORGET!
hxTt1DFhGhYfNPDQMEFHJ2jqf0hj3HsfUpVa6m7Gqs_SxLK05Q.png

Good morning. It's 60° and partly cloudy. The high will be 88°.
cond026.gif

I feel lousy this morning but that's better than I've felt the last few days. I'm running the F7A/F3B/F3B lashup this morning. I'll probably park it later and run the GP7/GP35/GP7 or the trio of GP9F's or I may forgo those and bring out the GP38-2/SD27J/F7 slug. Or I could bring out the ancient Atlas GP40 and FP7, both of which are Proto remotors. Almost all of these are Sundown rebuilds. Decisions, decisions. If I feel up to it later I'll go out and work on the tractor. No hard work there, just a lot of getting up and getting down. Getting down is easy. Getting up, that can be hard. That's providing of course that I don't wipe out on the front steps, but that rarely happens.

P5270362.jpg

I actually packed a bunch of the cars, wrapping what didn't have boxes carfully in craft paper. I may just have to settle for smaller for a while.
Smallest HO layout I had was a 4X8 in a twenty foot motor home. I eventually tore that down and built a 3X6 N Scale layout.

Good Evening as it 6Pm here,
I got a bit concerned earlier this afternoon as there was a fairly good grass fire not too far to the East of my place. It wasn't long before a helicopter with a lister bucket, to pick water out of a nearby pond, arrived on the scene and it was quelled in fairly short order thank goodness.

Other than that I posted about Caboose Ind. Switch stands for another members info and even Carey was providing some good tips.

Today is 9-11 alright, we never should forget what Despicable Individuals did to us!

May God rest the souls of all Patriots who lost their lives that day!

David: Grass fires can be extremely scary as they can move a long ways in a very short period of time. I watched one once that went across a pasture where a bunch of vehicles were parked. It went across so quickly that all the grass around the vehicles was burned but the vehicles themselves were unharmed with the exception of some smoke damage.

Time for me to call it a night. I had intended to work on the tractor today. I got down there and started getting the tools together and my body said 'Oh no you don't!'. My energy was gone and my get up and go got up and went. So I got some laundry done then went back home. Tonight my father and I went to KFC for dinner. It gave him a good chance to tell me that my mother is getting bad off again. She has another abdominal infection flaring up and they're trying to head it off before it gets too bad. He has to take her to Alexandria tomorrow to see a doctor there. So far that;s all the information I have. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN1190.jpg

Back