Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

Going to be a mix of sun and cloud today...high of 62F....going for a low of 50F tonight...right now temperature is 46F....

Had a busy day yesterday involving a bunch of gardening scenarios...still have not seen what it was that messed up flowerbed though....

Getting some more pink schtuff today...and seeing about carving some of it up for a couple of steep valley walls...

Good morning folks.

I finally played with trains last night. I started to assemble an aerator/windmill for my farm and ran a train in circles. It wasn't much, but I think it was enough to make me want to continue. Trimming extra plastic off small parts with a new blade is very therapeutic. Oh little trains, how I've missed you!

Have a great day everyone.

Oh little trains, how I've missed you!
Funny how fast they can get under your skin isn't it?

Good morning. It's 58° with 90% humidity. Somebody up north left the door open. The high will be 82° and it'll be partly cloudy.
cond026.gif

Plan for today is to get the grass mowed. Anything else will come as it may.

DSCN0626.jpg

Good Afternoon...

All of 55F this afternoon..don't think it will reach 60F today...

Got some more gardening done this morning...and, of course, now I can has all kinds of modelling fun.....

mmmmm...I need some more coupler springs again....

Good morning.
cond90-1.jpg

Woke up at midnight in the middle of a full-blown sugar crash. Blood sugar reading was 31, high heart rate, blood pressure almost non-existent. Hope I don't have a repeat of that in the near future.

Sounds like you needed more of a snack before bed time.

Plans for today: I have none other than staying in, running trains and watching movies. I just watched a thirty unit freight pass by in front of me.

DSCN0764.jpg

This photo sure looks like the real thing Jeff, I had to look close to realize it wasn't. The weathering on covered SF & prior grain? hoppers is very realistic looking.

This photo sure looks like the real thing Jeff, I had to look close to realize it wasn't. The weathering on covered SF & prior grain? hoppers is very realistic looking.
Doesn't that look great? It's just 70% alcohol and a little black leather dye I sprayed on them. Gravity did the rest. A little trick I learned many years ago from Wayne Wesolowski.

Not too much going on with me today, almost feels as if I'm coming down with a case of intestinal flu or something, time will tell.

I'm not sure if the weather is cooling off or not as I think it's about 92* out and thought I heard it was supposed to be cooler?? Lets see Ww says. 86.4 °F with a high of 91 °F, according to the reading I get it's already 92 °F. The low tonight is 64 °F

I suppose on the layout scene I could get in there and change out a bunch of std Kadee 533, code 110 smooth back wheel sets, for the Older code 88 ribbed back wheels sets. I made the change on the Shorty Green Combine below and what a difference as the code 88 fits the code 70 and 55 rail without such a huge overhang making it look sooo much more realistic. Surprisingly a little thing like this really adds to the realism for me. I'm glad I decided to make the conversion.

ATTACH]

I'm glad the shot seems to show the difference between the two different tread widths of the wheels. Do you also think the narrower tread width looks better?

As an added note, although not real clear is the roof smoke jack with it's through vent hole. I guess a bit of grey lint extending out the ends to give a hint of smoke would look good? What do you think?

This shot shows the area of the lower main line that traverses the base of Amalgamate Hill and will be on trustle bents hence the temporary plain ties on the sound board base.
As the layout progresses more I'm getting itchy to get some dirt, grass, shrubs & trees down so maybe soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't that look great? It's just 70% alcohol and a little black leather dye I sprayed on them. Gravity did the rest. A little trick I learned many years ago from Wayne Wesolowski.

Thanks for the tip Jeff,
It does make a very effective way to weather various items! I hadn't heard Waynes' name mentioned in a long time, thanks for bringing that up too.

Never did get around to mowing the grass today. My father came up with other things to do. Got a new keyboard for my computer. The old one has been slowly dying for about a year. My new one is a Delux K7018 Executive Standard. Also got a new mouse for the computer I have at my parents place. The old one died last week. The place I got the stuff is going out of business so I got a really good deal on them. $16 total.

I got a little work done on the old tractor this morning. Looks like it's gonna be a two man job.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN0574-1.jpg

Good Evening...

We had a busy day here...all kinds of stuff done, including some deck repairs....dang deer.......Audrey went out the back door and said deer tried to run through the railing..it was on the backdeck when Audrey opened the door..scared the poor thing...:rolleyes:

Anyways...off to bed...

Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

coffee-pouring111.png

:cool:

alex_nw2_zps18f5962b.png

Alexandria IN depot on the former NKP (now NS) 1960-1970s

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN

Good Morning...

Got 'dem ol' Raining Kinda Day Blues Again Mama...raining and a little bit cool out there...only 46F out there right now going for a supposed high of 64F..in the rain....well....maybe...:rolleyes:

Got a few things need done this morning then it is off to LHS to see about getting a new pinvise...so that the other one will show up.....:rolleyes:

Anyways...have a good day!!:)

Good morning folks.

It's cool and clear today. My favorite kind of weather!

Barry, you are well on your way to finding your old pin vise!

I've been keeping busy at work and home but managed to start building my farm's aerator. I've decided to build it first, then paint. I just don't think the narrow pieces will stay glued together with any paint on them. It's not a major addition to the layout, but should help the look of the farm. Every time I think I having nothing to do on the layout I think of something to do! It's a reminder to just walk into the layout and start 'playing'.:D

I have a long, busy day at work so I had better get going.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning. It's 63° and the humidity is at 70%. Could the gauge be broken? The high today will be 85°.
cond007.gif

We have plenty of sunshine this morning. It's streaming in through the window in the door and shining right on my video screen. Makes it somewhat difficult to see what I'm typing. I'm wondering if I should mow the grass today. With there being very little or no cloud cover it could make for a bad burn. Because of a side effect of one or more of my meds I sunburn quite easily unless I take certain precautions and then I'm very uncomfortable. Power went out a little while ago for just a matter of seconds. When it came back on my clock came right back with it. No need to reset it. Proof positive that the problem with it was the backup battery. My new keyboard is working out quite well. I had to print up some sticky labels to put on the keys so I can see them better as they came black with small gray/white characters. I have a hard time seeing gray. The labels are white with large black characters an dare much easier to see. Two things nice to have are the keys for 'My Computer' and my internet home page. I can bring up my Firefox with all ten tabs by pressing one key. No more having to click the Firefox icon and hope I don't accidentally click something else. Time to get about the days business, whatever that may be.
Oh yeah, got a haircut yesterday. Maybe now my neighbor will quit trying to put a leash on me.

DSCN0638.jpg

So you no longer resemble cousin It?
More like the wolf man.

Got the grass mowed this morning and still got a burn even through my shirt! I was at Lowe's this afternoon and spied a full set of 12" stencils. I've been looking for a set of those for a couple of years. So I got them and a can of starting fluid.

Well what I got today is a pretty bad sunburn and it wasn't even the hot part of the day. We're talking morning hours here! I even got burned through my shirt. Most areas that were covered got burned a little. I was wearing denim pants so no burn there except where the fabric was pulled against my skin such as the knees. But even through a long sleeve pullover shirt and a T-shirt it baked me a light red. The exposed areas are really red. Glad I can't feel my arms. Even my eyelids hurt. I've put on some Solarcaine burn relief gel and it's helping a bit. Man, what if I'd been out there in the noon-afternoon hours? It wasn't even 85 today. I suspect that in the coming days I'm going to be peeling like crazy! I installed some software today for my new keyboard. It was on a 3.5" floppy disk so I had to borrow my mothers USB floppy drive. She doesn't need it. I copied the files onto a USB thumb drive so I can get at them in the future without a floppy drive.

Well that's it for now.

Hey gang
Been a crazy week! My partner at work has been on his 2nd vacation this month, and my backup aka my boss, got rushed into emergency surgery yesterday with appendicitis!!:eek:
However, through the exhaustion, I've managed to get the Cub Crapette running again. Still got some stuff to do, but the engine runs now, and doesnt leak!!:D
Hopefully it will be reassembled tomorrow and the grass can be cut Saturday!

Havn't done a damn thing with the trains this week :(, maybe Sunday?

Cya, bedtime :)

Back