Atlas Gensets??

ETA for that container (China shipped the gensets in their own container) is 9/16/2010. It should take about a week to get to Walthers and maybe another week until it gets to Josh. Then, it should take 2-3 days to get to me, which means I will have them by Halloween! :(

Keep your fingers crossed, LOL. I will let you know when my Distributor gets them and I will be picking 4 up that I have on order so I should have them the same day they are recieved as its only a 30 min drive to my Dist and I can pick up my package there. I will post pics of the units as I have 2 undecs and 2 CSX on order.

I have a UP Genset on order from a UK supplier and possibly a Pacific Harbor lines too .Really looking forward to them .Now all I will need is a sound chip .As I have never heard a Genset I wonder what they sound like ? Will Athearn make the six axle version ?

I was looking for a pair of UP units.... (my local shop in Houston wasnt taking pre-orders, and now that I'm on the road, I dont know how I'll track down a set...)

Atlas Gensets and Standard Supply

Maybe someone can tell me if Standard Hobby is out of Buisness or not.I pre-ordered Several Atlas Gensets and everytime in the last month that i go to the site it keeps coming up ERROR.Does anyone know what is going on with Standard Hobby Supply?

Maybe someone can tell me if Standard Hobby is out of Buisness or not.I pre-ordered Several Atlas Gensets and everytime in the last month that i go to the site it keeps coming up ERROR.Does anyone know what is going on with Standard Hobby Supply?
I hope you did not pre-pay!

ANNOUNCEMENT: Atlas made an announcement saying that the MRC Tech 6 power pack will not work with the gensets. If you attempt to run the gensets with an MRC Tech 6 power pack, you will blow out the circuit board.

Official Atlas announcement sent out if you subscribed to Atlas' newsletter and is also posted on the HO Scale Forum at the Atlas Forums by an Atlas rep.

Not a rumor.

http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=62340

Also, if anyone missed the pre-order bandwagon, M B Klein has some available. Get them before they're gone.

(I do not work for MB Klein and am not affiliated with any store, just passing the info along to help other modelers)

Last edited by a moderator:
Still no word on a sound decoder yet? From Soundtraxx or QSI? I guess I'll just have to wait until the decoders are available, as I can't run DC locos on my NCE system.:mad:

I havnt decided if im going to be keeping the 2 I ordered for myself. Im thinking i could use them on my La Mirada Industrial District Modules for now until Athearn releases the new GP60M's. One things for sure, im kicking myself for not have ordering extras when I could have lol

Still no word on a sound decoder yet? From Soundtraxx or QSI? I guess I'll just have to wait until the decoders are available, as I can't run DC locos on my NCE system.:mad:

so just get a cheap no-sound one.. they ARE plugnplay...

Back