Atlas Gensets??

Gensets are delayed yet again. Atlas receives one container from China every month. The container arriving in June does not have the gensets on board.

Atlas has already posted that they will be late along with the GP40-2L's. I hope the GP40's are delayed to fix the nose error. And as for delays on items I think that you will see more and more of that since most of the imported MRR items come from the same factory. Also you have certain production slots that get filled in quickly and if there is a change that has to be made then a new slot needs to be found thus delaying the model.

I don't think Atlas will fix the nose error. (the nose is too long, and the countour isn't quite correct)

Although I think thath the gensets were delayed to fix the fat handrails (they're a bit closer to scale size now)

The GP40-2Ls were "announced" that they were to be delayed, which is why the shipping date has been pushed back to August. For the gensets, it still says June so it is very possible that they may make it in the next container which will arrive at the end of June, and we'll all get our gensets mid-July.

And the thing is, the gensets should be already produced and ready to go. At this time, they should be ready to load them into the shipping container.

Also, I haven't seen the top of a GP40-2L, but is Atlas using correct fans? I've found that Atlas uses the same cap-top fans on all of their GP40s which is incorrect for many prototypes (especially Pan Am). The fixed it with the GP40-2 (theres no excuse because they dash 2s all have the same fans)

I just hope I can snag one or two.. I found about them too late to pre-order... (which is ok, because I'm now living half-way across the country than where I would have ordered them...)

Atlas rep Rob Pisani over in the Atlas forums just anbnounced that the gensets will be in the shipping container shipping at the end of june and will be in the hobby shops by mid-July

Atlas rep Rob Pisani over in the Atlas forums just anbnounced that the gensets will be in the shipping container shipping at the end of june and will be in the hobby shops by mid-July

Have you heard any new updates about these Gensets? Are they still on schedule to hit the shelfs in mid-July? :rolleyes:

I doubt you will see the gensets until August maybe even September as they weren't shipped on the June 7th shipping date. Its like anything else in the model railroading world as it will get here when it gets here. For those that cant wait and got to have it now there is always the Overland one, which BTW there are a few on EBay.

I doubt you will see the gensets until August maybe even September as they weren't shipped on the June 7th shipping date. Its like anything else in the model railroading world as it will get here when it gets here. For those that cant wait and got to have it now there is always the Overland one, which BTW there are a few on EBay.

Not true. The first container for June was shipped on 6/6 and Atlas did have an announcement saying what was in it.

http://www.atlasrr.com/containershipping.htm

I noticed the link a week after it went up so I asked in the Container Shipping thread on the Atlas forums. Atlas rep Rob Pisani said that the gensets would be shipping in the next container in a few weeks (a few weeks from the time of posting) and that they should be in the hobby shops by mid-July.

However, I did see that they updated the A-Z Shipping Schedule which states that the Dash 8-40CWs were shipped today in the container, but theres no update to the gensets so I don't think they made it into that container.

How is it not true that you wont see them till August or September if they didnt ship on the 28th. it takes about a month for the items to arrive going by most of the dates. If they dont get shipped till the next container in July then they wont be here till August. Now if they indeed made it to the container shipped on the 28th then you will see them at the end of July but like I said its doubtful.

BTW the 6/6 link you posted was the expected ETA at atlas not a ship date. That container shipped on May 17th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm well I just hope that they do in fact come in next Month. I, as well the guys who ordered the Gensets from my shop are getting antsy! :(

I also just spoke to my Intermountain Rep, he is now having second thoughts about the ES44AC's coming in July as well. These were supposed to be released in March, then April, now scheduled July. He says he is having second thoughts about them coming in on July's container because they dont even have any pre-production models yet and these models usually come in before the series is released. Were all keeping our fingers crossed on those, and we will know if they did make it on July's container for IM around the end of the first week of July

Container shipping report for container leaving China on 8/15 is out. Container does not contain gensets.

May contain traces of nuts

just kidding

If they make it in Decemeber, that will be a full year after they were to have been released as the original target date for them was December 31st, 2009 :eek:

I'll be surprised if they ever make it out. In all honesty, im considering canceling the ones that I ordered and was going to keep for myself. After hearing month after month of delays on these things, im starting to get over it. That may sound like im being a little impatient but month after month of hearing that they are not coming out is getting old. I can understand a few months for a delay, but nearly a year??? I'll use the money on the IM ES44's... If those ever make it to shelves... But at least those will have DCC/SOUND and better detailing then the Atlas Trainman Plus Gensets

Last edited by a moderator:

Back