Atlas Gensets??

V&AL

Fred's Loco Shop Foreman
Does anyone know when the Atlas Gensets are due out? Their catalog says "Jan delivery" but I aint seen any yet...

Anyone seen one or got one yet??

("be the first kid on your forum to collect a genset!!!")

Walthers had listed January 31st for them, but they didnt make that date for delivery. From what Ive heard, they should be shipping the 2nd week of February from Atlas.... Ive got 8 of them on pre-order lol

I ordered 2 from Standard Hobbies for $76.99 ea. & I got an Email from them today that they are supposed to be out Feb. 28th. I'm like 50th down on the list. LOL

larry

Standard Hobbies just e-mailed me there only getting 40 gensets in:eek::D

j/k i wish they would do them in Nscale

anyone heard anything more "official"? the atlas website for them still lists Jan 31st...

Well, it's March 1st, still no delivery.

If, after waiting all this time, the gensets are lemons, I will never buy another Atlas locomotive again :mad:

Well, it's March 1st, still no delivery.

If, after waiting all this time, the gensets are lemons, I will never buy another Atlas locomotive again :mad:

Im quite disappointed as well, these were supposed to be in a month ago.... Atlas has not told Walthers anything, at least from what i can gather by my Walthers rep. I dont deal directly with Atlas, so I cant see whats going on by talking directly to them. They wouldnt tell me anything more then what they would tell any other customer :rolleyes:

Atlas has a letter from the CEO on the front page, talking about how they've had problems with their primary company in China, and now that they have someone new, they are hoping to get caught up and back on time by mid year.

According to the site, the GP38 and GP40s that I ordered back in August for December delivery are finally in country. It's just a matter of days, I believe, before I get a call from the hobby shop.

I seen it at the worlds greatest hobby show n jan. In long beach an the atlas rep said they will be out n june I wanted to get on and paint it n amtrak acela ph. 5 but the LRC is goin 2 b comin out so my genset goin have to wait lol

Errrr.... I want them like now - just two undec shells and the detail parts really. I'm going to bash a version of UPY 2005. I'm really looking forward to this project - I made a rough comp from Atlas' drawing; the vents will need to be modified, and it gets mounted on a MP15AC frame.

I feel yu on that.! That's the version I want as well and undec. version and number 599 as the genset Amtrak has that don't run. lol

To be honset... This is why I love this hobby. We can make protoypes and really find a prototype for everything....

Boy, I'd love to have a couple of the UP 2005 version of gensets!! I'd like mine undec, and in N scale though. I'd buy at least 4.

Hey! Chris Roy you might as well go in to manufacturing the UP2005 for the fourm lol.
I will take one for the LATX

Back