Atlas Gensets??

it's an 8 pin plug... http://www.atlastrainman.com/HOLoco/tmhogenset.htm

(I personally will be adding a 9-pin adaptor for future sound and ditch light installation...)

you'll want one like this:

http://ncedcc.com/component/virtuem...rden_flypage.tpl&product_id=42&category_id=13

(digitrax doesnt make 8 pin decoders it seems... bummer!!)

Digitrax does make 8-pin decoders in HO, N and Z scale sized decoders.

Here is how the designations work.

D = Digitrax Mobile Decoder
H/N/Z - Scale
1 - decoder series
2/4/6 - number of lighting functions
Suffixes:
IP - Integrated Plug (8-pin plug)
D - Wire harness
P - Wire harness with 8-pin plug
PS - Short wire harness with 8-pin plug

For example, DH123P = An HO scale decoder with 2 functions with a wiring harness that has an 8-pin plug. These decoders have a harness to make it easier to install. The 8-pin plug is for locos with the socket, and if you take the harness off, you get the 9-pin for Athearn locos.

DH165IP = An HO scale decoder with 6 functions with an integrated 8-pin plug and no harness.

If your road has flashing ditch lights, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use a digitrax decoder with a locomotive with LED ditch lights. Digitrax decoders are still in the stone age and do not have an LED compensation mode. The LEDs will slightly dim then go back to full brightness and will not flash.

Last edited by a moderator:
is this locomotive performance good ? i never had any atlas, and im thinking of getting one for my car repair shop. Are they a limited run or will they be widely available ?

Atlas is a good brand name... some of their older stuff is meh... but these gensets should be good. I'm looking to get 3, 2 UP and 1 undec for the TX&GC...

i just read that the genset is incompatibe with the MRC tech 6 powerpack, it happears that it burn out the light board :eek:

Thought I would show some photo's of my new Genset that came today.

Mine's already at work :D
GensetPassing.png

They look good .I use a Tech 6 but will run another controller until Atlas ,perhaps, sort it out .I will probably end up going DCC in the end anyway though the Tech 6 does answer most of my requirements as I'll only have one loco under my control at any given moment.i have a UP and possibly a PHL coming anyday .nice layout and photos larry and hamltnblue

Thought I would show some photo's of my new Genset that came today.

Nice! It has the opposite of the NS problem. (NS likes to high mount all their lights and most manufacturers don't high mount them since the majority of railroads accept the locos with factory default light positions) (BNSF seems to like to low mount all of their headlights)

Back