1/87th Vehicles

The Nascar models that WM sells can be repainted to look like regular vehicles on your layout. I saw some that were stripped & 2 toned on a layout last weekend. I personally think they are a tidy bit over HO scale compared to all other 1/87th cars, but, that's my own opinion. All WM's still carry them & the price has never changed. Still $2.97 ea.

The Nascar models that WM sells can be repainted to look like regular vehicles on your layout. I saw some that were stripped & 2 toned on a layout last weekend. I personally think they are a tidy bit over HO scale compared to all other 1/87th cars, but, that's my own opinion. All WM's still carry them & the price has never changed. Still $2.97 ea.

I think that they are about the right size. Boley trucks on the other hand look a bit large compared to most of my other HO scale vehicles.

My local Hobby Lobby has gotten ride of it's model RR stuff but appears to be still stocking a very limited selection on Mini-Metal vehicles in both HO & N. I picked up one of there Trailways buses with a 40% off coupon fro $13 and change (list $22) and a ICX truck and trailer for under $10. (My FIL was an ICX driver, so the wife thought it was a must have) I don't understand much of a market for these outside of model railroading but I couldn't beat the prices.

Bought the 2 new trucks at WM today & the 1 white airplane. The trucks are Matchbox & the plane is Tailwinds by Maisto. The Silver plane is Matchbox.
I took the wheels & struts off of the silver plane & will leave the ones on the white plane. Will be hanging above the layout w/the other 25 or so planes before the end of the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up one of those Speedy step vans for the club layout. It's a great model for the price and model railroaders should be on the lookout for it.

I finally picked up some HO vehicles recently. My favorite is the Dodge Charger State Patrol.

IMG_0345.JPG

I was at a mall today which happened to have a Toys R Us so I popped in and picked these up:

img0277w.jpg

img0278y.jpg

img0280yt.jpg

They had more than just these, but I only decided to get three as they were $3.99 each. This Toys R Us also sells Life-Like train sets.

The Toys-R-Us in my area doesn't carry any 1/87th vehicles. The store mgr. said they didn't sell, so they took them out. My wife tells me I don't need anymore. I saw a nice quarry dump truck at WM today & almost bought it.

I went to the all night flea market in Du Page County last night and it netted me this Hitachi KH-180 Track Pile Driver. It was marketed a company called 'Harmony' and was made in Hong Kong for the Continental Plastics Corp of New York, copyright 1980. I don't know about scale but it looks good to me. A little detailing and I have the star of a construction site scene. Pretty cool for $5.

(I just noticed as I was typing that it says 1/52nd scale on it, but I don't think that's right. I'll have to research the prototype.)

Larry, I see you've found the JCB dumber. None of the stores here have it, but I did manage to get the fire engine.

Matchbox has another fire engine in the cheaper line, that should work well too. Be careful though, as there's one thats too small as well.

Larry, I see you've found the JCB dumber. None of the stores here have it, but I did manage to get the fire engine.

Matchbox has another fire engine in the cheaper line, that should work well too. Be careful though, as there's one thats too small as well.

I had been looking for that Dump truck for quite awhile. saw it 1 day in a WM, but didn't get it. Then it took me about 3 months to find it again.
This Fire engine is a lot better than some I have now. has a nice sliding ladder boom & a 1/87th bucket. I have so much equipment on the layout now when I see something I always ask myself ""Do I really need to get something else?"".:D:D:D

I got the Matchbox ladder truck already, looks like i'm gonna have to pick up the tower ladder now!!! As much as I HATE using Matchbox and Hot Wheels on my layouts, these are the ONLY modern ladder trucks on the market besides Del Prado trucks (which are too big). These Matchbox trucks will do until something more to scale comes out!!! Other than being too short, and the wheels, these Matchbox trucks ain't too bad!!!

Back