1/87th Vehicles

Remember those Nascar vehicles I was trying to sell, well, stripped all the paint off of them & painted them gloss white. Soon as I get them back together I'll post'm.
Figured late model cars for the layout for $3.97 ea. Took quite awhile to strip them in Brakefluid. I filled up a small plastic container w/Brake fluid & left them in it for about a week. before I did that I took them completely apart.
If they look good I'll just get some more & 2 tone the paint next time.

here are a few more trucks/trailers I built up a few week back.

First is a R model Mack Made from an athearn Cement truck.
Dump trailer was scratch built.

Both have LED/fiber optics installed. Still need to darken the back side so light does not leak out under the models. this is an old pic so the trailer does not show the leds installed.

The Illinois Central trailer is an old trailer I had. I just put amber and Red leds in it for the marker lights

Disregard the wires, Normaly they are not seen when the model is permantly placed on the layout. The wires are ran thru the floor of the trailer near the tandems and thry the table to the DC bus feeders.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little more of my roco small army add another tank and a half ton truck with trailer..
SD530188.jpg

Whatever happened to the HO scale Hot Wheels from Toys-R-Us? I've been in the 3 local stores several times over the last 6-8 months,,,never saw a one.:confused:

The old Fresh Cherries are back now as Sweet Cherries in new package. Not sure who's selling them yet, but will hit the big box stores tomorrow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tempo-Pinto-Wag...37795?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item483db6d5e3
Humm, Might have to see if Wal*mart will have them, there were a few I did not get.

Whatever happened to the HO scale Hot Wheels from Toys-R-Us? I've been in the 3 local stores several times over the last 6-8 months,,,never saw a one.:confused:
I'm not sure either, I never did get the Batmobile!

Josh, since you work for WM you can go on line & see if your store is going to handle them & then let us know. I'll ask today when I go in there & see if the toy dept. mgr. will keep me up-to-date.

Josh, since you work for WM you can go on line & see if your store is going to handle them & then let us know. I'll ask today when I go in there & see if the toy dept. mgr. will keep me up-to-date.
Yeah, if I can figure it out, they re-named everything on the WIRE... :mad:

Dug around, nothing. Have not seen anything off the trucks.

If they do show up in Wal*mart, the post day is Saturday for new products, usually.

Heard that the Sweet Cherries are being sold at Toys R Us, will go there tomorrow and see how much they are asking for them.

I went to a big box Toys R Us and no luck on the Sweet Cherries. But I did pickup a Matchbox JCB articulated dump truck that is exactly that same size as a Norscot truck (meaning it's exactly HO scale). This seemed to be from the same series as the "Real Working Rigs", but it doesn't carry that name anymore, just Matchbox. Also in the 99cent line there was a roller compactor that is a good match for HO scale.

I went into my local WM yesterday & the Toy Dept. Mgr. & myself looked up incoming toys on the WM computer & it didn't show anything new coming into the store in 1/87th in the near future. It did show some new items in the Matchbox Big Rigs line. I already have one of the newest items, the Articulated Dump Truck & 2 of the Tanks. It only showed the part #'s & not a picture of the new items.

Back