1/87th Vehicles

Yes you did..

You did do extremely well here for three bucks...Got to have some luck sometimes..I have a few similar but they were about $11 each at the time about two years back but my Norscot ones were about $30 Aust. each. I have two low loaders , one with dozer , the other with excavator..
Keep trying yard sales..it's obviously worth it... Cheers Rod..

I was at a flea market this morning and picked these three up for 5$
005-2_zps74675dd5.png

I can use the purple passion (50's merc custom) and the 1956 ford truck but the 1969 olds is a bit too new for me so it will be looking for a new home.

I built this Walther dairy about 15 years ago and then found the sign that was mounted on the roof. Recently Classic Metal Works came out with vehicles decorated for Meadow Gold. It was a no brainer to pick up these trucks.

IMAG0236_BURST002.jpg

Didn't read the entire thread, so apologies if the answer is in there somewhere. Anybody have a source for acid / chemical truck trailers? All I can find are gasoline tankers.

How about those funky looking bulk trailers (plastic pellets or flour)?

Thanks.

Didn't read the entire thread, so apologies if the answer is in there somewhere. Anybody have a source for acid / chemical truck trailers? All I can find are gasoline tankers.

How about those funky looking bulk trailers (plastic pellets or flour)?

Thanks.

Im pretty sure Herpa/Promotex makes a Chemical Tank Trailer, check out promotex.ca

As for bulk tanker trucks, there is a guy making them through Shapeways, which is a 3D Printing Company. Pretty reasonably priced considering they used to cost you a couple hundreds bucks for the brass models! go to http://www.shapeways.com/designer/baztrains

The guys name is Barry, he is a very nice guy and I worked with him on creating the shorty bulk tank doubles. Hes got quite a few trailers available right now, with more to come

What is amusing are the occasional bozos on ebay who list HO vehicles and buildings in the N scale section and describe them as "good for HO and N scale".

I just finished these two off. Both from Stoney Mountain Classic Castings
1950 Chev/GMC Panel truck

023_zps51fc2473.jpg

022_zps0f12ffb3.jpg

1952 Ford Woody wagon
025_zps8c361fd2.jpg

026_zps26cd8a17.jpg

It wasn't difficult to paint them, masking the windows was the hardest part!

riviera reduced.JPG

Great job on the painting on that Country Squire and the 1/2 ton panel!
I just added a new 69 Buick Riviera to my collection. I pulled the Cuda out of the driveway to make room for the Riviera. I don't know what I was thinking parking the Cuda on a hill like that without turning the front wheels against the curb. The Rivieras very nice, but it wasn't cheap. The 1/87 scale Riviera is by Neo and is available from Truckstop models in two different colors (dark green with tan vinyl top and dark gray with a black vinyl top). I found this metallic tan one with tan vinyl top on Amazon. Neo makes the Riviera in both 1/87 scale and in 1/43 scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
a100reduced.JPG
I ordered a few of the Brekina 1/87 scale Dodge A-100 pickups from Walthers. I swapped the bumpers and wheels on the two trucks on the right (chrome vs. white bumpers and wheels).

Hey Jim, not sure if you collect or use any of the Norscot earthmoving 1/87th models at all, but in their Construction Mini's series there is a 272C skid steer loader that scales out to 1/87th. Item# 55425. No scale shown on the packet but it matches the dimensions given for that Cat type on RitchieSpecs.com, except for the height of the cab roof which is a different design anyway.

Back