1/87th Vehicles

So I got a new MOW set from Paul Knowles. These look awsome.

First is a Ford section truck, with completely scratchbuilt bed and non working crane.
Second is an International 7000 section crew truck with Palfinger crane.

Sorry for the bad picks, will post more when there is more light out.

Scott

Some new pictures..

Jeep_2.jpg
That is really beautiful coloring. I like how they captured the wood grain trim around the larger wood grain areas. The larger areas are too dark for the era of the Grand Wagoneer, but it looks really good on the model.

I've been lusting for one of those vehicles made by Neo Scale Models for some time and finally ordered one tonight. I hope it arrives as good looking as it did on it's website.

I saw some good pictures! And the cars they are just wonderful! Thank you! Very well done theme of weathering!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job in the Mack. I really llike those Jordan kits. When they look good in pictures it means you did a good job. Yours looks great.
One thing with that kit I noticed is the tank looks like its just sitting on the bed. I've seen a couple where the builder added strips of paper to look like straps holding the tank down. One of those simple things that really added a lot to the model.

I'm looking for a 1948-53 Chev or GMC panel Delivery truck, does anyone make such an animal?

Greg's Garage once did a 1950 Chevy Panel truck in resin. I got one 10 or so years ago, not sure if they are in business any more. If you are really desperate, you could graft a Gm pickup nose to an Athearn Ford panel van. They are pretty close to one another.

I'm looking for a 1948-53 Chev or GMC panel Delivery truck, does anyone make such an animal?

I don't believe that they make a panel truck for a Chevy. There is a Ford. I keep up on this era of vehicles pretty well as I model 1957. That is a great looking Jordan truck.

So speaking of trucks... what's up with the Ton lowboy models? :confused:
They'd look great but for the toy like fifth wheel arrangement, wonder what it would take to modify them... very nice models otherwise.

Trucks n Stuff ? I've been buying some of these, the trailers can be removed from the tractor and used as TOFC.

Trucks were bought from my LHS,they are TONKIN REPLICAS models .These are the same trucks that Trucks and Stuff sell.They are cheaper from Trucks and Stuff till you factor in the shipping then they are about the same cost.

I would like to get more of them but my pocket and my house won't allow it.

Trucks were bought from my LHS,they are TONKIN REPLICAS models .These are the same trucks that Trucks and Stuff sell.They are cheaper from Trucks and Stuff till you factor in the shipping then they are about the same cost.

I would like to get more of them but my pocket and my house won't allow it.

I've been getting mine from M B Klein (modeltrainstuff.com). They are always several $ cheaper.

G'day re. Walmart

G'day all....Interesting topic and as we all know ....really good 1:87 cars / trucks , earthmoving etc vehicles REALLY add realism to a scene and layout.
Unfortunately lots look just like toys...I only know too well..once I got them home and put them on...okay for a distant parking lot maybe but not good for street or level crossing scenes...No Walmart here in Australia but these sound great...I buy mine online from a few places but mostly from Somerset Models in South Australia..and Caterpillar stuff made by Norscot from differing outlets...high quality but expensive...Model Power and Herpa stuff pretty good too..Wish we had Wal Mart here too...Can't go wrong with $1.64 each...Good luck to you..Cheers Rod..

Back