1/87th Vehicles

Hobby Lobby if you have one close by stock the Norscots tractors and lowboy trailers.

At the "local" WM they sometimes have 1"87 vehicles by Motor Max under the name Fresh Cherries,lots of pintos and other small cars,race cars,and the ones that matter to me are a 56 Ford 1/2 ton and a 40 Ford 1/2 ton,in various colours,for $2.97,that beats the six to eight bucks the want at train shows for the same thing.
Oh yeah,"local to me is Truro or Amherst,both forty miles away
Hi relic, welcome aboard. I haven't seen any of the Ford 1/2 tons for some time now. I have a few of them as I buy them whenever I find one.
Was going to buy a Norscott road grader, I believe it was around $8 but next to it was the same grader on a lowboy with a tractor for $11 which I thought was a better deal. I had five or six tractors but no lowboys, maybe I'll get another one with an excavator this time.

Cheers
Willis

Got these items at Walmart today. The Tank & Boom truck is Matchbox @$4.97 ea. & the Roll-Up truck is Hotwheels @.97.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm up to about 5 of these so far. I'm going to build a terminal for these Step vans.:)

Got these items at Walmart today. The Tank & Boom truck is Matchbox @$4.97 ea. & the Roll-Up truck is Hotwheels @.97.:D

I should pick up one of the Abrams. I lived in the M1/M1A1 off and on for 12 years. That model has both the hatches shut. We only did that when the tank was locked up or it was raining .. well .. or gas attack.

I went into my local hobby store today, and found a Volvo A40D articulated truck,made by Cararama. The detail is pretty good,with an opening engine bay showing off even more detail tucked away.
Ron

I went into my local hobby store today, and found a Volvo A40D articulated truck,made by Cararama. The detail is pretty good,with an opening engine bay showing off even more detail tucked away.
Ron

Ron, that's a nice looking articulated dump truck. Lot better than the ones you get at Walmart. The one's at WM are on a 1/64th scale lowboy T&T, but the trucks are 1/87th scale.

Hi Larry, we are newbees to this website and model railroading too. We were trying to find out where to find less expensive vehicles for our railroad town and found your thread with some very good info! We had looked at Matchbox/Hotwheels cars too but weren't sure what scale they are. If you have any insight on that please let us know.
Thanks again

Hi Larry, we are newbees to this website and model railroading too. We were trying to find out where to find less expensive vehicles for our railroad town and found your thread with some very good info! We had looked at Matchbox/Hotwheels cars too but weren't sure what scale they are. If you have any insight on that please let us know.
Thanks again

Hotwheels & Matchbox cars are tooo big for HO. Some of the trucks are the right size. Toys-R-Us is selling 1/87th cars right now for $3.97+/-.
It's a shame you can't find some of the WM vehicles(1/87th) that we all were buying when they were selling them.
What size is your layout? I might be able to fix you up w/some of mine.
At the train shows you can usually find the cheap all plastic cars(older models) at a good cheap price. Like 10 or 15 for a buck.

Found a GREAT website for vehicles!

Hi Larry, we went to WM this afternoon and didn't find anything. However, last night we did go to WM's website where we found a link to www.3000toys.com and we hit the jackpot! Since we have a Bachman HO layout and are looking for more 80's, 90's, 2000 things we were happy to see this 3000toys had a lot more of the newer vehicles as well as some of the Woodland Scenics sets with people and such for much less than our local hobby stores in some cases! Long story short, a year ago I surprised my boyfriend, Rich a Bachman train set. Since then we have been working slowly to get it going. Built a table, added foam, painted it, added a roll of grass and I am in the process of building companies, a bank, and a restaurant. We are having so much fun with this. So any places you can suggest us to go we are open to hearing from experienced railroaders.

Hi Larry,... So any places you can suggest us to go we are open to hearing from experienced railroaders.

RichKay;

I'm not Larry, but might I suggest that you go to;

http://www.NMRA.org

This is the website of the National Model Railroader Association, and it has great information for beginners like yourselves. Also be sure that you click on the Regions and Divisions tab. This will show you the regions and divisions nearest to you, which would be the MidWest Region, MWR, http://www.mwr-nmra.org/ along with contact names. You could contact the officers listed and find out when there will be meetings in your area that you could attend and meet model railroaders in your area.

I hope this helps!

I visited a model shop I,d not been in for ages last week,and found these two vehicles.Both made by Cararama in HO scale.Mainly diecast, well made, and about $14 each.The articulated truck behind, is the one I bought recently.All three are models of Volvo,s. The wheeled excavator is small enough to fit into a gondola, so it could be used as a piece of MOW equipment.
Ron

If you want a great website to find vehicles go to www.3000toys.com. We found much more than we were looking for.

Price range is way to high for me. I have paid about 1/3rd the price they are asking for their vehicles. Some nice equipment for references.
I've picked up a lot of my equipment at Train Shows & on EBay before the prices went way up.

Back