Search results

1. Hutch

Got the consist working.

I now know how to make and break the consist without resetting the decoders.
  2. Hutch

Consist trouble.

Trying to run a consist with my BLI diesels and ran into trouble. I followed the instructions carefully and multiple times. I could get them to consist but only with both facing the same direction. Then when I tried to undo the consist, I can't control one of them nor can I reset it without...
  3. Hutch

Are these coupler any good

I have a 1/2 dozen or so cars with these couplers. I don't know who made them but they seem pretty good and they work with Kadee's. Should I replace them or just oil them?
  4. Hutch

Online track software?

I'd love to do some track planning in, ahmm, spare time at work. The problem is, the XXXXXXX won't let me install any software that isn't company approved. Again, the XXXXXXX. So, is there another way other than pencil and paper? I started making my own in SketchUp but it was extremely...
  5. Hutch

Spectrum 2-8-0 repair

This was having some troubles running smoothly so against my better judgement, I disassembled it. What I found was a loose, toothed belt. The motor runs fine, I just need a new belt. Wish me luck finding a belt and reassembling this.
  6. Hutch

Fully sprung trucks

After snapping a truck trying to reinsert the wheels, not the first time, I went shopping for replacements. I keep seeing fully sprung trucks, I don't know what that means. I also found trucks with plastic wheels. I'm not opposed to them, you get a lot more for the money. I've never minded...
  7. Hutch

3 train juggle

Yup, I had 3 running on half a layout, no loops. I found all the bad spots that need fixing and I may the trains broken in. I turned off the sound on all of them, what a nuisance. I just want to toot the horns and grade crossing bells.
  8. Hutch

Return to DC

After a lot of thought and finding dcc to be very expensive and technical, I've decided to discard it and get back to the simplicity of DC trains. When I started up again after a few years away, I promised myself I would keep it simple and concentrate on scenery. Then, DCC struck and I found...
  9. Hutch

Coupler spring replacement

I was running my BLI F7 yesterday and a coupler fell apart! I was able to reassemble it all but the spring. How in the heck do you put a new spring in. I gave up after two went into the twilight zone.
  10. Hutch

Rerailer ramps

Anyone have a favorite?
  11. Hutch

Can we talk Brands

I really like BLI and thus far have had zero problems. Watching some YT videos I'm seeing lots of problems, mostly with smoke units which I don't have. That being said, is there another brand that can compete with them that are as detailed, have good smoke units and sounds?
  12. Hutch

Auto reverse + turnout arduino

I'm thinking of automated controls sans Jmri or PC connections. I'm sure it can be done with an Arduino uno and a motor shield. Have any of you done this? I can figure it out myself but would prefer to just use someone else's proven code.
  13. Hutch

Sanding plaster cloth or cork roadbed

I managed to make the curved section on track lumpy with plaster cloth. I sanded it a bit but not perfect. Can I sand the cork road bed after installation if it turns out a little lumpy?
  14. Hutch

Paints from estate sale

I want to get started weathering some freight cars and I've never done it before. I know most everyone uses chalk but I didn't find any in the batch of stuff I got. Seems like there's everything but chalk in here. Leads me to believe he just used paint. Is that a way to do it? Here's what I got...
  15. Hutch

How do I share a Facebook post.

The title says it all.
  16. Hutch

FreeCAD Design Old Time Passenger Car

Getting started with learning to 3D print some passenger cars and eventually a steam engine. Just blowing the dust of of my CAD skills here. I don't plan to purchase a 3D printer until the end of the year so I have plenty of time to learn what to do. This beginnings of a fictitious passenger car...
  17. Hutch

Bachmann HO 0-6-0 to ON30

Some of you may remember I started installing a sound decoder into my 0-6-0 engine and was having problems with space. I stopped work on it a while ago after getting the decoder to sit down properly and kind of lost interest. Of course, I've had time to think, that's always a bad thing. Now I...
  18. Hutch

Inglenook Shunting

I'm having some fun with this and it has got me wanting to add this to my future layout. https://beaver.games/shunting/?fbclid=IwAR1sATWxdACE_V74fBnAffLgKCZZYuSfGEMY-niJIGwuwfztJWIBmud8Jqk#4342
  19. Hutch

Snap or flex track

I have both in large enough quantity to go either way. I feel that the snap track would give me perfect radius, maybe better than flex. What do you think?
  20. Hutch

Double track distance apart HO

I'm considering doing some double track along side a 24" cured track. What is a safe distance and can I fit them both on a WS incline.

Back