Double track distance apart HO

Standard is 2.6" in both HO and OO, simplest way to maintain track separation is to use a gauge like this, Sorry @Hutch no clue if it will fit on a WS incline.

1682947014317.png

I believe Mike is correct, you’ll need a wider base on the risers.
A track spacer is easy to make with scrap wood, styrene, or what have you.
I made these from Styrene, two inch centers for tangent track (the distance of two turnouts in a crossover) and two and a quarter inch centers for broad curves.
Two point six inch centers as mentioned works better for tighter radius. 👍
212131F9-3696-419E-99E0-1172B25618FC.jpeg

I made these from Styrene, two inch centers for tangent track (the distance of two turnouts in a crossover) and two and a quarter inch centers for broad curves.
View attachment 167621
I’ve done 2” and 2 1/2. 👍

View attachment 167621
That looks like a real easy way to make the jig. Thanks

I've been thinking about widening the WS incline I have to accommodate the double track. Rather than buy another incline set, I think I'll just cut up some 1" foam, cookie cutter style, to install next to the WS stuff. It'll save a little bit of money but more important, I get to try the cookie cutter style using foam instead of plywood, my preference since I have so much foam on hand.

Old school method is take your longest loco and cars, set them side by side on one set radius and check clearance as compared to the other radius that you want to use.
I hope someone understands what I said and hope it helps.

That would work except I still don't have my 80' passenger cars. I have plenty of room to go overboard with the spacing on the curves.

Back