Search results

1. U

just curious

considering a basic oval set sells for 200 to 300.00 im curious as to what my set would be worth if i was to sell it as it sits. it has 2 working switchers and 2 working locos and all the rest. like i said just curious. its DC 4x6 flex on curves and ez track on straights
  2. U

will this work

thinkin bout goin off to the right of layout with a switchyard, everything from switches on main and rails and switches to right are not officially connected , i just layed them loosely. anyway will this work on DC? if it does it will give me a way to change direction if needed. thanks
  3. U

atlas switches

i found these in the collection that was left to me and from what ive read online it controls blocks, but does it reverse polarity also?
  4. U

extension question

i have a basic oval with 2 main lines, my question is if i add an extension to the right side for a switchyard how can i get inner line across outer line to complete the picture i havethis is HO and im useing DC
  5. U

junk loco idea

saw this online and thought it would be a good use for a steam loco i have that wont run, do it on a small spur with brush growing up around it
  6. U

dcc question

can any loco be made dcc ready or does it have to have specific features to do it
  7. U

opal and western

found these cars in my fatherinlaws collection ( still searching through stuff) and apparently its an australian line thats still active. thought it was a nice set but still havent found a loco for it in the huge collection i was left with
  8. U

road crossings , what to use?

ok guys what are yall useing for road crossings, i bought some clay and it was a disaster, the black stuff was a conductivity nightmare
  9. U

switching question

ok if you are running DC and have 2 parallel tracks can you put in x shaped switchers or would there be electrical conflicts , i have freight on the inside track and passenger on outside track. so in order to move them to opposite tracks being DC this wont work right?
  10. U

brass track

i inherited my fatherinlaws collection and theres enough brass track to do a layout 30 ft long, question is should i toss the track or hang on to it. i have heard negative things about it
  11. U

hinged track

is there a way to hinge a section of track so it will raise to make sections movable, its ho scale
  12. U

turnout on a curve

was wondering, on a standard oval shape track can you do a turnout on a curve to proceed to a new destination. im not able to find turnouts that are curved and then turnout
  13. U

do ya think i have enough

ive mentioned on here before about my fatherinlaw leaving me his train collection, anyway heres a drop in the bucket of what i have just in engines that run. theres more that i have not brought home yet, including rolling stock ,buildings and track
  14. U

drive bands

can someone please tell me a source for those tiny rubber bands that go on the wheels of older locos, not the drive bands that go to rotor shaft
  15. U

what is it

what is this used for, thanks. i recieved my father in laws collection and now have over 100 locos ( diesel and steam) in HO, more rolling stock than i care to count, a ton of track and assorted buildings and construction vehicles and assorted trucks. im going thru the locos 1 at a time...
  16. U

ballasting my first layout

ok this is my very first attempt at ballasting flex and ez track still need to vacuum the excess when its dry, so bring forth the critisizm lol.
  17. U

flex to ez track

is it possible to join code 100 flex to ez track, i have enough ez straight pieces to do the straight shots but the ez track wont hug tight on the curves, im trying to make a 2nd run but cant do it with the ez track, was wondering if i could use flex on the curves
  18. U

2 scale layouts

has anyone done a dual scale layout example a ho and n scale layout. ive started a ho scale but have a n scale set also and thought about incorporating it into the ho scale layout
  19. U

my first layout

started my first ho layout, its a santa fe line called the UKB sante fe. its in the beginning stages and will post pics when i have something worth looking at, laid ez track as its what i had but will be putting in a 2nd line with flex because the ez track wont hug the first track on curves this...
  20. U

santa fe layout

im wanting to do a 4x8 layout with the santa fe rail line, should i do mountains or rolling hills with sparse vegetation, ive tried to google the terrain in the area of that rail line but not having much luck. opinions?

Back