Search results

1. SpaceMouse

Long Time Away from Here

Hey everyone, If you remember me, say Howdy. If not, pleased to meet you. Mouse
  2. SpaceMouse

MR Video Plus Waddaya Think?

I'm thinking of getting it, but I dunno...
  3. SpaceMouse

Wayward son returneth

Hey Bob, Hi everyone. I've been away for a few years but you are still here and my password still works. Hope you all have been well. Looking forward to connecting with old friends.
  4. SpaceMouse

Layout Police Cite Modeler on 5 Counts

Clinton, Nebraska: Local Authorities said that 73-year-old modeler Marvin Haskel was cited for 5 counts of modeling indiscretion on his 1948 Southern Pacific layout, including: 1. Dislocation 2. Improper coupling & Sub-standardization 3. Cross Powerization 4. Fantasization 5. Inappropriate...
  5. SpaceMouse

The A.R.T. of Model Railroading

Now before you go getting your knickers in a wedgie, this not going to be a diatribe on the virtues of Malcolm Furlow [removes hat] nor will I compare him to Frank Ellison [removes hat] or John Koester Armstrong Allen. In fact, this is not about art at all. It is about A.R.T. of model...
  6. SpaceMouse

What to you think of my new Logo and Avatar?

The new site is almost up. It will have a new train humor blog. Stay tuned.
  7. SpaceMouse

How hard is it really to go HOn3?

Okay, I found Early Rails group on Yahoo. I haven't really dived into conversation with them but it seems they are a good resource for rolling stock. But when I look for engines I find that everything is geared toward Colorado and I want to do something in the redwoods. I'm also looking to...
  8. SpaceMouse

Nevada County Railroad

Okay, so if you've been following my trials and tribulations You seen me waver all over the place with what to do. Well, I went pretty close to prototype with track placement--I just expanded things a bit--gave it some elbow room. (I can't believe I'm designing a layout that doesn't need...
  9. SpaceMouse

Nevada County Narrow Gauge Track Plan

There has been some discussion "over there" about my Rock Ridge and Train City / Rocklin and Colfax. What some are saying is that it doesn't make sense to have my small alyout on the busiest part of the busiest route the SP had at the turn of 1900. So they suggested I find a branch line to...
  10. SpaceMouse

Rocklin and Colfax 1905 - a fraudolance layout design

I got the Donner Pass by John Signar and have run into two problems in creating a Rocklin/Colfax railroad on my existing benchwork: 1) Time discrepancies. Rocklin work as the engine change service stopped in 1908. The Colfax station was built in 1905, but the engine house was not started...
  11. SpaceMouse

Thinking of a name change.

Train City was named by my Autistic son and for years he has been adamant that it should stay Train City. Recently he relented. I designed Train city to be an engine exchange facility on the SP overland route in 1891. The town where that actually happened was Rocklin. I found a blueprint...
  12. SpaceMouse

Question about V&O

I was listening to a recording of someone talking about the V&O he said something like it has a main line and a branch line, the "Mexicalli, Freton and Bradley" What did he really say instead of "Mexicalli, Freton and Bradley"?
  13. SpaceMouse

The Rock Ridge and Train City II Rises (Pictures)

It's been a couple years since I tore down the Rock Ridge and Train City. Now it's making a comeback. I haven't been around lately, but I haven't been idle either. For the last 5 weeks of weekends, I've been building the benchwork for the Rock Ridge and Train City II. Here's the over view...
  14. SpaceMouse

Finally making progress.

Hi guys. Last night I finished the outside framework of my bench work. I still have to fill in the holes. I'll try to get a pic later today. In the meantime, look what my son can do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUJLecViiS8
  15. SpaceMouse

Cool video of Snow Plow in 6 ft drifts

http://videos.komando.com/2008/12/05/snow-train/
  16. SpaceMouse

Railroad Term: Hot Box

The Language Of The RAIL This Is Known As A HOT BOX !!!!!! The Good news: It was a normal day in Sharon Springs, KS when a Union Pacific crew boarded a loaded coal train for the long trek to Salina . The Bad news: Just a few miles into the trip a wheel bearing became overheated...
  17. SpaceMouse

I may be getting my behind in gear.

Went out to buy framing materials for the benchwork of the new Rock Ridge and Train City II. Turns out I only brought enough money for the legs and a few cross-members. I'm framing it in 3/4" Birch ply in 3" strips. At least I have enough to get the basic frame built. The plan Stan. (In...
  18. SpaceMouse

Why do I buy Sticks with Plans?

I just bought JV Model's "Boyd's Logging Camp." Now I'm not complaining that there are maybe 3 dollars worth of bass wood, a couple windows and a set of plans. The plans are what cost money. That's where the time and energy was spent developing the model. They deserve to be compensated for the...
  19. SpaceMouse

Totally unrelated help needed ASAP

It's cold out, 9 degrees and car won't turn over. Battery seems strong, but starter can't hack it. Any hints. I need my cheap bottle of wine so I can hang out under the bridge incognito.
  20. SpaceMouse

Casey Jones got nuthin on him.

Man that engineer on the Polar Express can drive!

Back