MR Video Plus Waddaya Think?

I went ahead and signed up for it because they were offering that special low price. But I've been so busy lately that I just never think about watching them.

Also, the first time I tested it out [watching a "Hediger History" video], I was having download issues - it would 'play' faster than it was downloading, then freeze. I had to drag the pointer back and replay it several times to nudge it to finish downloading. Most likely the problem is with my ISP or the FiOS cable..?

Although I do subscribe to MR, I'll pass. I have seen some promos and am not really interested.

I subscribe to MR Mag, but I passed on MRR VPlus. They have some very talented modelers and interesting things featured in MR, but I find I can get just as good info on Youtube, on this site, and others that is not at all biased by their advertisers.

I signed up for it back when it was 25 bucks for the year. I figured if I get a few things out of it to make that 25 dollars worth it. Then fantastic. 25 is about the max I would ever pay for it.

If you ever listen to any of the popular model railroad based podcasts out there. There has been some very intresting discussions on MR Radio and Scotty Masons show as well as another big posting on the MRH forum about this very thing.

I've subscribed to it. I have enjoyed it so far. It's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it's not a bad addition or enhancement to the MRR experience.

The deal is though.. whether or not it's worth it is going to be relative to the end user. At the rate they are adding new content since launching, I am not overly pleased. And lately they are posting new content slowly, but most of it seems to be older video content that was previously posted to the MRR website. So to me, I kind of already paid to see it there.. and now I'm paying again to see it on MR Video Plus. So, that's a little bothersome.

But it is nice when they have new content.

Back