Recent content by gregamer

1. gregamer

JMRI not a easy as I expected

When I use Decoder Pro I keep a copy of my decoder manufacturers handbook ready to help decipher the CVs I am updating. Greg Amer The Industrial Lead gregamer.com
  2. gregamer

Is HO or N better with DCC?

I have two young boys 5 & 7 who have been playing with N scale trains since they were 2 years old. They have no problem operating N scale turnouts, uncoupling cars, re-railing equipment, and they rarely break anything. My HO equipment is more highly detailed with more delicately applied detail...
  3. gregamer

Woodland Scenics Road Sytem - Using Smooth-It

Great tutorial and great looking roads. It's been quite a while since this was posted, are the road still there and how do they look now? Aging well? Thanks, Greg Amer The Industrial Lead gregamer.com
  4. gregamer

Neat little critter

I recognize this little guy. I've never noticed the chain seen in this photo. Are these chain driven? Greg Amer The Industrial Lead gregamer.com
  5. gregamer

Fast Tracks

I don't have a Fast Tracks jig, but think they are awesome. Another option is to buy the point and stock rail tools, then lay the ties on the printable templates Fast Tracks has. See Toni Ryan on youTube, that is what he is doing with great results.
  6. gregamer

Shreaded Wheat factory

Looks like a busy night shift. Greg Amer The Industrial Lead gregamer.com
  7. gregamer

Interaction Hobbies Industrial Dust extactor Kit

Looks real nice. I love the kits that provide the extra little details. Greg Amer The Industrial Lead gregamer.com
  8. gregamer

If you won the lottery...

That's cool. I like the layout too. Greg Amer The Industrial Lead gregamer.com
  9. gregamer

Tool for removing steam loco from track

Was it a Peco Loco Lift? Greg Amer The Industrial Lead gregamer.com
  10. gregamer

Train carrying cases?

A lot of N Scalers in my area use Porta-Cases http://home1.gte.net/rnd1/webpages/train%20cases/index.htm Greg Amer The Industrial Lead gregamer.com
  11. gregamer

Dremel cut off wheels for cutting track

I use a Dremel with a flex shaft, this allows me to get perpendicular to the track. I use diamond cut-off wheels from harbor freight, they are pretty cheap maybe $1 each.
  12. gregamer

Any 1:1 railroaders out there?

I'm a Locomotive Engineer.
  13. gregamer

Large Scale-Outdoors-1:29(or so)-Washington Idaho & Montana Ry Co

Looks great. And I love the final photo :) Greg Amer The Industrial Lead gregamer.com
  14. gregamer

Interaction Enterprises Manhole and sewer grates

I like that color, may look good on rail. The manholes look great. Greg Amer The Industrial Lead gregamer.com
  15. gregamer

Cheapest System for JMRI?

Take a look at SPROG http://www.sprog.us.com/ Controller,programmer, computer interface for less than $150. Greg Amer The Industrial Lead gregamer.com

Back