Coffee Shop 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need a menu!

The Hours have changed we are now open 24/7!

Chef, is going to come up with a deserts menu soon! For those Make it to and wanting a sweet treat!!!!!!!!
RoadkillMenuIII.png

Here ya go!

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course you post a menu, and aren't even open yet. Have to wait till 1 :p

I changed the hours! We open 24/7! With the economy the way it is people seem to dragging in stuff for us to cook for them! The wild cat problem seems to be fixing it's self:confused:

Yumm! Flat cat, served as a single or as a stack!

Good morning.

It's 66 and cloudy. The high is due to be in the mid 70's and it will be partly cloudy.

Yesterday I finished the weathering on the freight car repair barn and the G&D boxcar. I also worked on the fire station to bring out the mortar lines on it. I may get some time today to weather it with the alcohol/black paint mix. Today I'll be working with my father to clean up the yard some (translation: He'll be working on the yard, I'll be driving the tractor). Later, if there's time, my sister wants me to mow her yard as her mower is still out for repairs.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/5/2009

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 66°F
Low: 64°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph S

Today High: 75 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the mid 70s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 42 Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly clear. Much colder. Lows in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P4050064.jpg

Chris Saw that menu in a restaurant up here. Owner was even thinking about doing a sign up at the front to match the joke menu but a couple of people thought not so much. It seems gov't snivel servants don't have much of a sense of humour!!:D:D:D

We're going up to 8C today but the floor will fall out tomorrow and we'll be in the white stuff ag'in---mumble grouch:mad::mad:. The weather for tomorrow has now said we're going to see about 2" or even a bit more by tomorrow afternoon when the high will sit at 1C. Tuesday's high will be back to -2C --grumble gripe snarl:mad::mad::mad:----Oh well back to winter--:mad::(:eek::eek:

Have some stuff to do in the trainroom today. I actually do not have a honey do list to worry about!!:D:D

Have a good'un!!:D:D:)

Chris We're going up to 8C today but the floor will fall out tomorrow and we'll be in the white stuff ag'in---mumble grouch:mad::mad:. The weather for tomorrow has now said we're going to see about 2" or even a bit more by tomorrow afternoon when the high will sit at 1C. Tuesday's high will be back to -2C --grumble gripe snarl:mad::mad::mad:----Oh well back to winter--:mad::(:eek::eek:

:)

Don't you love global WARMING!:rolleyes: "WE NEED MORE Co2!" less 4cyl. hy-in-breed cars!

Chris--a few more of my neighbours' 1956 Chev 210 with the blown 454 ought to do it!!:D:D. I only have this little 1963 Comet with the 390.:D I'm still in the process of getting it painted---do you think maybe getting more of those on the road might help?:D:D

Anyhoooo--all that car has cost me since getting it was about $2000--and that included the $500 purchase price--heeheehee:D:p:D----

I just got back from a 15 mile bicycle ride! I'm down to a solid 225lbs. from 260lbs! I'm 6 weeks into the diet/exercise............... I find the more weight I shed the more into this I get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris--a few more of my neighbours' 1956 Chev 210 with the blown 454 ought to do it!!:D:D. I only have this little 1963 Comet with the 390.:D I'm still in the process of getting it painted---do you think maybe getting more of those on the road might help?:D:D

Anyhoooo--all that car has cost me since getting it was about $2000--and that included the $500 purchase price--heeheehee:D:p:D----

I'm thinking more of Duramax, Cummings, and Powerstroke diesels with polution controls ripped off running 24/7 would speed up the Great White Norths end to winter:D:D:D:D

Hey, all. Need a BIG mug this afternoon, Flo. I'd have thought there was a larger crowd with all of the noise.

I lie the new menu. I think we are having "moose steaks" for supper tonight. Bounty of a Canadian hunting expedition last year. Good eating. I was hoping for a fish and chips supper but this will surely do.

Sandy I live about 20 miles south of Huntington. The reservoir there makes it one of my more frequent destinations. Planning on fishing Salamonie this week actually. Crappie are GOOD eating.

So, some of you are into car restoration and hot rods , eh? Being in the heart of James Dean country, so am I. I used to have a shop until last month when I sold it. Time to start enjoying life a bit more and 60 hour work weeks and the stress of commitments and schedules was beginning to wear on this old, lost soul. A few pics of some of our creations.
Griffith-02.jpg

b834_2-1.jpg

3cf3_12.jpg

HPIM4650.jpg

stingray.jpg

Well, for now, gotta go. I'll stop back by after supper.

Bob

Hi Everyone!
Well, I went to the Air Show yesterday and all I can say is, WOW! It was exciting and full of fun. We had an estimated 80,000 to 120,000 people for a crowd. It was difficult to estimate because people were everywhere, with some walking in from parking two miles away. My friend an I got smart and took a shuttle bus from the Tuscaloosa County High school early and got to the airport somewhere around 30 minutes later. Leaving was a different story: my friend was in a hurry to get somewhere else so we tried to leave about the middle of the Angel show only to find a thousand others trying to catch buses. After we finally found one of ours, it took about 1 hour to get to our car, still not bad, but: my wife talked to a friend that waited until the end and it took her and her husband over 3 hours just to get to their car. They didn't get home until 8pm. Today, the show goes on but will be limited due to cloud cover and drizzle. No matter what, all that go will still have a good time. I'm just glad I went when I did...still can't believe it was all FREE!

One fascinating part of the show was to see the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet flying down the course, tail ducked under and at about 60 degrees, and only going 80mph. That's right, only 80 miles per hour. Of course, there were the flyovers by a B52, two KC135's, the outstanding demo of the C17 and A10's capabilities, the beautiful P-51s storming the field, Golden Knights, and many many aerobatics by flying teams. Also, there were plenty of static displays of many different planes and military vehicles, Huey rides, etc. How about a Piper Cub landing on a pickup!

Oh, did I mention the Air Force Reserve jet car. After being buzzed, smoked, and tantalized by a Pitts S111B like an pesky Mocking Bird, the race was on. HOLY COW!, with the Pitts flying in behind and getting a lead, the jet car took off...zzzzzzing.....like a bullet it sped down the runway and easily winning the race. (it only goes 0-400mph in 8.4 seconds:eek: :D)

All in all, it was loads of fun. I have one heck of a sunburn on my face and arms, stiff neck, still tired, but completely satisfied with a wonderful time. Watching this show and the Blue Angels, sure makes you proud of all the many military men and women around the world and from many countries, protecting our freedom and way of life.

This photo is half of only one section of the croud. I am at the far end near the control tower,upper right corner: can you see me :rolleyes:.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Been out working today. Started this morning on removing the front wheels from an old yard tractor so I could put them on a small utility trailer. The cheap wheelbarrow-like wheels from the trailer were put on the old yard tractor which will eventually be carted off to metal mountain (recycling place). Went to breakfast in town with the parents. Came back and mowed my sisters yard. Been at home recovering since then.

gorgeous day.

love the menu, I'll have some of everything, Im STARVING.

spent the day RIDING!!! and building a new jump.

nice old cars! My first car when I was 18, back in .....

'75? was a 1961 Humber Super Snipe. nice car. always attracted a crowd of men around it. sadly, they were all OLDER men, and I was 18. sigh.
snork. it was a fun car to drive, though. great big tank of a thing, with thick plush carpeting on the floor, burled mahogany on the dashboard and panels, had lovely little fold down picnic tables in the back. I do miss that old car.
now, I drive a Toyota Tundra. best truck I've ever owned. Tows a trailer like a dream. :)

Well, I was going to try and make it out to see if I could find our long lost morning poster, Bill, but other things got in the way. I hope he's OK.

I just got in from getting some bike riding done before good ol' winter comes back to stick aroun' some more--grumble snork gripe:mad::mad:

ChrisDeeezels don't quite do it--there's not enough of 'em up here!!:rolleyes: Ever' dang Torontonian be drivin' a hybrid!!:mad::mad:--they'se be goin' aroun' suckin' up the HC's faster'n' you put 'em out!!:eek::eek:

PC I hope Bill's doing OK too. Hopefully you ain't getting clobbered too hard by the stuff coming our way---

Bob Hope you had storage for all of those cars. Grrrrrrrreat lookin' collection BTW---

It has rained almost a;; day. We went tot he west side of INDY today and got to see our youngest daughter and husbands new house. The garage is 36 X 22, plenty of space ofr his 84 show/drag car Camero. A very nice pc of machinery I would not mind having. 355 motor, roll cage(it runs in the mid 11's in the quarter) plus all sorts of stuff I have no idea of what he is talking about when we talk cars. My wife now wishes we could get a new house but she knows we have no money for such foolishness besides I have redone this whole place over the last 32 yrs so it is new almost.

Evening All...

Rex...sounds like you had a great time! And I was able to find you in the crowd picture! A couple of years ago I met the Golden Knights lead and he was as nice as can be. I interviewed him for a Psych paper I was doing on deviant behaviour. Not as bad as it sounds :rolleyes: the deviant behaviour was on anything a person does that is outside the agreed upon norm. Anyway...he was just a great guy.

Jim...still hoping that your patroling this weekend was uneventful.

Chris...HUGE congratulations on your 'getting healthy'. That is quite an accomplishment of which to be proud. Way to go!

Bob...As I mentioned earlier, I am not too familiar with Indiana, but I thought Huntington was a charming town and the countryside around it was lovely. My brother and his family lived on a golf course not too far from town and had encounters with critters of all kinds. They are enjoying TX, but are missing IN.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Sandy

Flo, Need some coffee when you're not busy.

boc, most of those cars are not mine. The Corvette was Dad's (he had 10), '41 Chevy belongs to the better half(pink?). The Willys belongs to me. We actually own eight hot rods. These are but a taste of the cars that came thru the shop. The average rebuild was about $90,000...frame off, interior, motor.. wheels, what ever it took to get a first class ride. we did about 24 cars a year, give or take.

I had a great crew working. In fact, a couple bought the business. Great deal and they'll do fine. Niche business anyway. All of our business wa done without advertising. I guess the cars are advertising enough.

Meanwhile, Sandy, yes that area is neat. Quaint is a good term. Did you ever visit the "Sunken Gardens"? Quite beautiful.

Jim haven't heard from you since your policing duties. I hope all is well and the bad guys were intimidated knowing you were on duty and left you alone.

Has anyone tried contacting Bill by phone? I live kind of close, but don't know the gentleman. He may shoot me if I come knockin' at his door. I may be heading his way Tuesday or Thursday. I could stop in and check if all is well. Let him know his friends are worried by his absence.

Rex, if you have any pics of the air show, forward a few to me if you don't mind. The grandson is a Blue Angels groupie. I think I mentioned that his ROTC Squadron was in Pensacola last week.

Well, the bottom of the coffee cup...... 'Nite all.

Bob

So has anybody heard from Bill yet? He hasn't posted since the 20th of March, and hasn't been online since the 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back