Not open for further replies.
Good Morning From FLORIDA!

OPEN 24/7

RoadkillMenuIII.png

RoadkillMenuIIIB.png

RRkillmenu.png

RkillMenu.png

Evening All...

Chris...HUGE congratulations on your 'getting healthy'. That is quite an accomplishment of which to be proud. Way to go!

Sandy

Thanks Sandy!:) This is the hardest thing i have ever attempted:( and any encouragement I get really helps!:D I went to the in-laws yesterday....They said they can see the weight loss:confused: I still can't tell i'm lossing weight if it weren't for my friend the scale:rolleyes:

Good morning.

It's 46 and partly cloudy. The high should be around 60 and it will remain partly cloudy.

Really nothing to report from yesterday except that I cut some grass. Nothing on the agenda today that I know of so maybe I'll get some layout work in.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/6/2009

Wind Chill: 41°F
Humidity: 57%
Dew Point: 32°F

So Far Today
High: 51°F
Low: 46°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 24mph N

Freeze watch in effect from late tonight through Tuesday morning.

Today High: 62 Mostly sunny. Cooler. Highs in the lower 60s. Northwest winds around 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 32 Mostly clear. Colder. Lows in the lower 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0775-1.jpg

Good morning folks

It is 50 F currently. Our high will be 66 F. It looks like we have a wild weather day in store with thunderstorms, hail, and heavy rain. We are currently under a Flood Watch. We already had a nasty storm move through around 6:30 AM. It just missed us and we got some heavy rain from it for about 20 minutes.

I am home today since I will be taking my FIL to the VA Hospital in Wilmington, DE this morning for his yearly check-up.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. With the Blue and Gold Banquet on Saturday I did not make it onto the forums until late last night. Speaking of the Blue and Gold it was awesome. We had a great meal. The scouts did some funny skits. We had a reptile rescue come in and perform a show with a bunch of live animals. Yesterday was recovery day. We did go to the market and did some Easter shopping later after the pain pills kicked in.

I hope everybody has a good day.

The snow is falling and it's COLD outside.:eek::eek: We're going to stick around 0C with the low going to -5C. Total amounts for today will be about 4-5" of snow with another 2" tomorrow.:eek::(:( Back to winter--:mad::mad:

Chris Weight loss is always a good thing!!:D:D

I'm off today so I get to work on my trainroom. I need to put up some shelves ag'in:):)

Good morning folks.

I spent the weekend doing Easter at my mothers house. I have egg salad to eat for a few days! We do Easter early because my brother works at our church. By the time he's done working, it's one in the afternoon. It's just easier this way. It also makes it so we can see both families every Easter.

My mother asked me what I want for my birthday. Train stuff of course! I just need to decide if I should use the amount on one big item, or a bunch of small ones. I'm thinking of buying a new locomotive. We'll see if the spirit moves me one way or the other!

I hope you all have a nice day! After today's high of thirty five, we are finally looking at highs in the fifties from here on out!:D

.........Rex, if you have any pics of the air show, forward a few to me if you don't mind. The grandson is a Blue Angels groupie. I think I mentioned that his ROTC Squadron was in Pensacola last week.

Bob
Bob, I have some fairly good shots, but not having a telephoto lens put everything far away. They have to be "blown-up" . How about going to this site (Tuscaloosa News) and to the photo gallery on the front page...excellent photos of our show. http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/

The Angels and Knights officials now have the attendance for Saturday's show at an estimated 150,000 people. They even had around 30,000 show up yesterday in the drizzle and low clouds that grounded the aircraft. We will not know the offical crowd attendance for another week or so.

Train stuff is really moving on. I have replaced a wye with a rev. loop, installed a dozen signals, and now getting ready to move the steel mill and refinery. Ain't it Fun! BTW: I received the new Walthers rolling mill kit (think I will park my lawn mower in it, Ha!)...it is HUGE at 32" long.

Northern Boys: Put a cork in it! You are about to freeze our hinneys off down here. It's in the 40's today and going down to freezing tonight and tomorrow night.:eek: Then again, maybe it's Chris's fault!

KenL: I asked Walthers if they would ever have the Larry and Quencher car sold individually. They replied that no decision has been made, but it was being considered.

Just a few more that I shot from my front yard on Friday's practice. First photo is the Aeroshell AT6 team.

Coffee needed here,Flo. The better half broke my pot while washing it out today. I never wash it, just give it a rinse. Off to Wally World to get another.

I love the smell of jet fuel in the morning!!! Being an AF brat, I can still remember the early fighters. Birthplace was Griffiss AFB, Rome, NY. Dad was a crew chief on the very first operational fighter to log 1,000 flight hours. Quite an accomplishment for the day. Most met the "cannibal yard" way before that. And then onto the scrap heap.

Very nice pictures, Rex. I hope you don't mind that I use them in Jay's "scrapbook" of the Angels. I'd like to forward them to him too. We have seen these guys perform a dozen times. It never gets old and they amaze me that they are so well choreographed. Always a good show. I'd surely find something to hit up there.

On a sadder note, he has the autographs of the last pilot killed while serving with the Angels. Just a reminder that while their shows inspire awe, they are also dangerous. Add the possibility of mechanical breakage and human error, it could be a very serious outcome.

On a brighter note....gotta balance the emotions here, right? Looking forward to getting the boats wet in the next few weeks. The big boat just needs waxed before dropping her in. The "knocker" is always ready(a little 14-foot aluminum fishing boat). My project for the last year still needs some luvin'. A 1985 21-foot cabin cruiser. I'll use that boat as my travel boat. Easier to pull it than a 32-foot, 12,000# Carver.

Weather here is nippy. 44 degrees. Sun just popped out. Snow, just a smattering, last night. Ground was white when I got up. Dogs loved it though.

Give me a cup to go, Flo. I've got things to do and people to see. See ya all later.

Bob

My morning would have been much better had the power not gone out promptly at 9 am, right when my systems virus scan starts. Power was down until a little after noon. Restarted the computer and found that the virus scan log was corrupted. Deleted said log and initiated a new scan. AVG found three (3) infections on my system. All three were the same little program, a Trojan horse downloader masquerading as a ligitemate program in RealPlayer 10. There were two copies in the RealPlayer directory and one copy in MyDocuments. All three were removed and the infected files were healed.

Jeffrey: I hate it when that happens. I am still troubleshooting what is wrong with my desktop. Been randomly crashing a lot lately. Hopefully it is just the motherboard that is bad. At least that is cheap compared to the rest of the parts.

Jeffrey: I hate it when that happens. I am still troubleshooting what is wrong with my desktop. Been randomly crashing a lot lately. Hopefully it is just the motherboard that is bad. At least that is cheap compared to the rest of the parts.
You're lucky. My computers mother board is the most expensive part in it, nearly $500. I could have gotten a cheap one but I would have been looking for another one inside of a year. This one is guaranteed for several years.

Northern Boys: Put a cork in it! You are about to freeze our hinneys off down here. It's in the 40's today and going down to freezing tonight and tomorrow night.:eek: Then again, maybe it's Chris's fault!

Yes REX, it is all part of my evil master plan! Everyone north of me will FREEZE!:eek: Unless............Unless my demands are met!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of that Colombian bean juice here, Flo.

System crashing. Oh, my. I've been having FireFox crashing a lot lately. Luckily it was while I wasn't doing anything important. Fires right back up though, restores my previous session. No harm done, just frustrating

I no longer trust IE. Too little Security.

Part of my problem may be due to the hard drive getting full. I plan to update my computer with with a second drive @750g. Add a 512mb video card and new 500w power supply. Should be good to go.

Phone is ringing looks like the grandkids are calling. I might be back in a bit.

Bob

of course I don't think too many hackers/virus mfg's go after Opera---:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that if any other browsers became more popular they'd be just as clobbered. Most browsers are based on one of two shells anyways---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back