Coffee Shop 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:Hiya Gang!
Flo, howabout some diet Coke and some sherbet. Woke up with a sore throat this morning!:(
Oh the weekend was a trip! 2 days running trains at the GSMTS in Timonium. They layout was a little smaller than normal. only 3.8 scale miles around, instead of the normal 5.5, but fun nevertheless. Lots of trains from 25 car express passenger trains to 75 car steam powered coal drags (with midtrain helpers) 70 cars pulled by a reworked Akane B&O Em-1 and my MMID units got a workout too! 64 cars, I would have added more, but we were running low on yard space!
64cartrain.jpg
Lots of smaller trains too, and even some light engine hops. I even got a chance to let loose with my old rubber band powered RDC. :eek: OMG is that thing fast!!!:eek:
I shot off about 90 pictures this weekend, some will be going up on my webpage, some on the clubs. (including arial shots of the modules from a 12 ft ladder) I almost can't wait til the June show to shoot some more!
Rex, the pictures of the planes look great! I've got to get to an air show again and SOON!
Chris, better ease up on the demands thing. If we get all the ice and snow, guess what you don't have............water. :rolleyes:
Jeff, you mentioned previously that you had a Magic Jack, I just got one too. Mainly because the cell signal is iffy in the basement, and for 20 bucks a year, its cheap to have a good phone down there. Comes in handy when you have to call a help desk for a sick PC. Rather than having the wife call from her cell upstairs and yell directions downstairs to me!:eek:
Anyone got an update on Bill Tidler?? :(:confused:
Also one of the pictures shows a tired CSX road_slug leaning against (or was he holding it up) a building support post at the show. Anybody want it, I'll start the bidding at 10 cents!:D:eek:

Evenin y'all

Haven't spent much time online recently, been working on that $15 built-up I got on Saturday. It's a real challenge painting the window frames after they've been glued-in and the glass installed, but hey, maybe I'll learn a new technique from this?

I don't see any snow or ice forcasted for the Mid 'Lantic region over the next 48hrs, but its still gonna be cold and windy. Geez, where is that dang Global Warming when we need it the most!? :mad:

... Also one of the pictures shows a tired CSX road_slug leaning against (or was he holding it up) a building support post at the show. Anybody want it, I'll start the bidding at 10 cents!:D:eek:

Karl your wasting your time, everybody here has already seen my ugly mug - no more shock value there.

Bob that's one heluva car collection you've got there! Good luck with solving your 'putor issues.

Speaking of missing people - anybody heard from Jim since Saturday? He was supposed to be doing security at a high-risk event, hope he's OK

Time for some shut-eye...toodles!

Jeff, you mentioned previously that you had a Magic Jack, I just got one too. Mainly because the cell signal is iffy in the basement, and for 20 bucks a year, its cheap to have a good phone down there. Comes in handy when you have to call a help desk for a sick PC. Rather than having the wife call from her cell upstairs and yell directions downstairs to me!:eek:
Yeah, I wouldn't give mine up for anything. Cell phones don't work at all in my trailer (just ask my niece and nephew) and I've never had a regular land line in it before, there's not even a line from the box across the road. It would cost over $150 to have one put in and that's before I even see a phone! I'll stick with $24.95 a year. There's a couple of pluses to it also. One is that telemarketers can't wake you up in the middle of the night unless you left the computer on (unlikely) and Magicjack users can call each other (Magicjack to Magicjack) absolutely free no matter where they are. The US, England, Germany, Japan, Timbuktu, it doesn't matter. And if I don't want any calls while I'm online I just unplug it from the computer. Whoever calls can leave a message on my free voicemail and I'll get an email notification of the call as well as a WMV file of the voicemail. I love it!

Good morning.

It's 40 and clear. Today's high will be in the mid 60's and it will be partly cloudy.

No layout work yesterday with the exception of routine cleaning of loco wheels, about a 10 minute job. The rest of the day was used doing some grocery shopping and picking up some needed supplies which means spray paint (primer gray, black, white), couldn't find any oxide red. I'm waiting for the weather to warm up a bit so I can replace the clutch in the tractor (looking forward to that like root canal surgery). The PTO works fine but the drive is slipping badly.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/7/2009

Wind Chill: 36°F
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 25°F

So Far Today
High: 46°F
Low: 40°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNW

Freeze warning in effect until 9 AM cdt this morning.

Today High: 65 Sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 42 Mostly clear. Lows in the lower 40s. Southwest winds around 5 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P4060081.jpg

Good morning--Current temperature is at -4C with a windchill at -15C. We had about 4" of the white stuff with about 2" more forecast for today and a high of -2C:(

I'm having two out of town clients to visit--and they had about a foot of this snow---and they're expecting another 6" this afternoon---yippee:mad::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have a good'un----:):):)

Good morning folks.

Wasn't Jim doing security for a big women's conference? Now, does that mean the conference is big or the women.......? Maybe they ate him!

I'm going to a customer's house today to see his indoor G scale layout. I thought he said the room is forty by twenty. He also said he has over a hundred pieces of HO rolling stock. Hmm, maybe he'll want to sell some at a price. You never know. I thought it was funny to go to a customers house, but it's fun to talk face to face about trains. Everyone in my family knows who he is. I guess he's a retired dentist. It should be a fun time. I'm just wondering how long I'll have before I can leave gracefully.

Other than the trip, I'm working on the last section of the trestle today. I need to build a few small bents, then a final fitting. After that I can glue some of the sections together. Slow and steady wins the race.

I hope you all have a great day.

nice old cars! My first car when I was 18, back in .....

'75? was a 1961 Humber Super Snipe. nice car. always attracted a crowd of men around it. sadly, they were all OLDER men, and I was 18. sigh.
snork. it was a fun car to drive, though. great big tank of a thing, with thick plush carpeting on the floor, burled mahogany on the dashboard and panels, had lovely little fold down picnic tables in the back. I do miss that old car.
I wonder if you,ve seen these, by Hornby, they,re in OO gauge,I got a couple for my layout.
http://www.hornby.com/skaleautos-188/r7026/product.html

Ron

I hope Bill comes back soon, Chris's menu is giving me heartburn. Racoons are high in fat, and squirrels are high in cholesterol.:D

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/04/eureka_birmingham_trail_reveal.html#comments
I cannot get this to insert as a link, but Grande man was featured in the Birmingham News (Birmimngham, AL) in a story about the new RED MOUNTAIN PARK where Eric is the park ranger.
Good write up.
Thanks for the link, Mikey. I'm very happy for Eric, knowing he's found a job that brings him happiness and fulfillment. Makes me proud to know him ;). (I just can't understand why he won't loan me his camera:confused::D )

Bob: of course, I don't mind you using the photos. I hope you went to the newspaper link and viewed the photos on the front page photo gallery. http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/

Here are a couple of borrowed photos of the big guys at the show:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mikey - thanks for sharing that link about Eric. I remember him telling me all about this new job of his when I visited him last summer. Great to see it's working out for him!:cool:

... I just can't understand why he won't loan me his camera:confused::D ...

Rex - maybe if you put up your RV trailer as collateral, he'll reconsider! ;)

Still no word from Jim, huh...?

Well it's my 42nd B-day:rolleyes: If that makes a diffrence:rolleyes: any who how.......

Terry, you shouldn't complain about the food.......It's healther than what you pull from a box and eat!:D TRY, Dog on a stick is good this time of the year:p

Jeff, the pine sap is good! keeps the squirrel glued to the plate:D

JIM, WHERE ARE YOU? JIMMMMMMMMM.....WHEREEEEEE......aREEEEE....YAAAAAA?

Good God, I think they took him!:eek:

Chris, happy birthday. You do know, the farther down the hill you get, the faster you roll. That's why older peoples' memories are so bad, they're moving faster than the speed of thought:eek:. ...Maybe that's why they drive so slow...:rolleyes:

Oh, it really IS as bad as you think, and they really ARE out to get you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back