Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a checking in! I got over 18 apps. out for a $7.25 an hour part-time job 25-32 hours a week! Can't believe I'm not getting any calls:confused::mad: For Gods sake I have a Government Job and I'm responsible for a 14 acre Multi million dollar facility and I'm a self starter!:confused: Can't understand The retail/fast food Labor market....You would think I would get flooded with calls!:confused: O'well Our weather down here is cool and sunny! Great weather!

Well, it never really stopped snowing. I think theres about 9 inches out their right now. Still spitting the white stuff.

Had something funny happen today. Theres a cat door on the door going down to the basement. Well, it was dark and i opened the door to go grab something. Apparently there was a cat on the step, and decided it would be best to try and jump through the door as I was opening it. It was the chubby cat, and as i was opening the door, she was halfway through the cat door. I didnt realize anything was going on, until i heard the thud and the cat backed out of the door and ran away :D

Meet tommorow, wish me luck!

Not quite as funny as a scene I saw one time. My niece has a pit bull and a great dane and they go in and out through a dog door. Well one day the pit bull was outside and the great dane was inside. In fact he had just snatched a bag of cookies off the cabinet. This dog has a very serious sweet tooth. My niece saw him do it and gave chase. About that time there was a loud clap of thunder from an approaching storm. The pit bull is terrified of thunder and the great dane was too busy to care about the thunder. He dove for the dog door just as the pit bull dove toward it from outside and they collided head on! The bag of cookies was dropped as the dane was knocked over backwards by the heavy mass of the pit bull as he charged in through the door. Now I would have thought it would have been the other way around with the great dane running over the smaller dog but it didn't work out that way. The dogs were all right aside from some minor bruising.

01/09/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png

:rolleyes:

Mornin Gang!
I survived snowboarding yesterday, and a visit from the Grandkids! The snowboarding wasn't much, 2 inches of snow and a lack of any real hills nearby pretty much turned it into a boring activity pretty quickly. Couldn't go far cuz the midgets were on thier way.
The midgets arrived for a visit and they were more tiring than the outdoor activities! The older one has learned "Why?" and after awhile it really gets you crazy. :eek: Plus he feels the need to touch everything he can. The little guy is actually easier to entertain, as he will sit for hours on a bar stool and watch Poppops trains. Both were a lot of fun making choochoo noises, running around and just generally being kids. They left around 6 last night, the the rest of the crowd around 7, I was out like a light by 7:30! :eek:
Leandnavin.JPG

They are smart little buggers, and they have good taste too. They wanted the D&H PA's to come out and run! :D

Good morning! Bill, you were up really, really early this morning, or really, really late last night...:)
It's clear, sunny, and 15 degrees here, with a wind out of the North at 15 mph.
I have to go work this afternoon, since there is a forecast for several inches of snow tomorrow and Tuesday. We have nearly 20 travel trailers at an RV show downtown, and we decided it would be better to tow them back in the dark, in good weather, rather than wait for daylight tomorrow, and bad weather.

My "exchange" of N scale for HO continues. I can see the bottom of the last box of stuff now, I'm down to 6 locomotives and a couple dozen cars. I'll probably head to one of the "local" hobby shops next weekend to trade them in, rather than fooling with trying to sell them. I'm surprised they are left, I thought they would have been the first to go. There's no accounting for what will and won't sell, though.

Good morning. It's 37° and wet. The high will be around 40° and there's a 60+% chance of rain.

Nothing on the schedule for today. I may get some layout work in later.

Good morning everyone.

I bet you boys down south don't have a single loaf of bread on your grocery store shelves! No milk either! I hope everyone stays safe down there. Us idiots up here are use to that crap. :)

I don't have much planned for today. I have to tell you, those are the best kind of days sometimes. I think it may be a scenery kind of day around the town of Wells.

Well that's it for now. I'm sure I'll have more to say later on.

Have a great day everyone.

Karl They have good taste, i have to say the D&H PA's are stunning to look at.

I have actually turned blue, didn't think it possible but i am defo blue,,, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr gotta go make a hot drink to thaw out

Karl They have good taste, i have to say the D&H PA's are stunning to look at.
Look is all they get to do. Little fingers is why there is a gun case lock on the display cases!;)

I have actually turned blue, didn't think it possible but i am defo blue,,, Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr gotta go make a hot drink to thaw out

I know the feeling, was 18F last night here, high today just 30, with a 20mph wind.........supposed to be like this all week!!! Brrrrr:eek:

Took a trip to Jenkins Creek today to look for driftwood. Instead we found a Small heard of Manatee in the creek trying to warm up, the heard consisted of 1 bull male and 13 females!:eek: If my Ex hadn't taken my camera I would have gotten pic's fer ya!:mad: O'well:rolleyes:

Slighty East of Rex and just starting to see a few drops of slush.
This doesn't look like a fun storm.
Especially if lots of people lose power.
I don't mind the snow too much, but ice is deadly in several ways.
More news at 6:00 o'clock!

Since last report: snow changed to sleet with larger amounts of snow/sleet coming in around 7-8pm. Present temp is 30*F and roads are already dangerous with a 10 car banger just south of here on the Interstate.

Ditto what Mikey said about the power. Tuscaloosa/B'ham is near the edge of the severe icing, so it's anyone's guess. Naturally, our firewood is running low; we may have enough for a day or two if needed. Ahh, there is always the camper (and the shop with a 24k btu, five brick gas heater...and lanterns ;):D)

My grandfather started walking 3 miles every day for exercise. He started this 5 years ago.
We have no idea where he is.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! We are finally sgetting our winter. It is supposed to be - something tonight and it's been snowing most of the day.

I took my sister to the airport this AM and when I returned home my neighbor had shoveled my sidewalk and driveway. Yea!! I shoveled his last weekend because he was out of town and his wife recently gave birth and she didn't need to be out shoveling. Sure didn't expect him to do all my shoveling! Was a nice surprise!

On the way to the airport we saw a bus that had rolled sown a huge hill right by DIA. Guess no one was seriously injured.

Have any of you ever seen the demon bronco at DIA? Some genius commissioned a metal sculpture of a blue horse with red eyes at the entrance to the terminal. It is HIDEOUS! The eyes glow bright red at night. It's really creepy.

Hope everyone stays cozy tonight!

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back