Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex- the fan fight may be a workable scene.
I wonder how many spectators will realize the 1957 sign for API (Alabama Polytechnical Institute) is now known as Auburn University?
Maybe, with a little literary license.... an orange AUBURN sign?

Do you remember which football team was prominate in 1957?
Yeah, Ok! Auburn 40-- Bama Zip, but then the "Bear" arrived ;).
The API name would be a good teaser to the spectators. I had forgotten that, but that is where the dig of "Cow Poly" originates from.

Hey! You and Carey seen the weather forecast for us this Sunday/Monday: major snow, mix, freezing rain. Span, NWS, and the weather channel are agreeing on this.:eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
BRRR!! I'll stick with our highs 50° and 49° for those days. The lows will be 30° with rain but at least no white stuff or ice.

01/07/2011

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png

:eek:

Hey! You and Carey seen the weather forecast for us this Sunday/Monday: major snow, mix, freezing rain. Span, NWS, and the weather channel are agreeing on this.:eek::eek:

Rex- Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.
I have been out trying to buy milk and bread for Sunday's snow!:D

Went by the bank to make a deposit then to the New Llano post office to mail off an EZ-Command system I finally got sold off. I still have one EZ-Command system left. I'm holding on to it as a backup DCC system in the event my Zephyr ever fails. Also went to Wal-Mart to get so additional groceries then back home. Other than my day has been quite uneventful.

Now I have to let my eyes rest for a while. They are a mite sensitive to light and I've been out driving in the bright sunshine, so to say tyhey ache a bit is somewhat of an understatement.

Last edited by a moderator:
David: LOL :D
I know where you are coming from in changing locations on the layout: moving, adding, subtracting, deleting, etc. Ask anyone that saw my layout a few years ago and they will tell you most everything has been moved or changed today including: steel mill complex,large Central Yard, towns. Heck, why start all over...just tear out and start again. Only problem I'm having is finding a place for some of the kits I bought before the changes :eek:.

A 05c Coke was back when they were in a box with ice cold water for the sodas to sit in (and then, for awhile, in machines). You reached in, grabbed one, shook off the cold water, and opened it on the opener attached to the side of the box (I can still smell the inside of the box). Yeah, they were in real glass bottles. Of course all of this was when cigarettes were 25c a pack, gas 30c/gal regular price, pack of gum 5c, candy bar 5c, and you didn't lock your house doors unless you were going away overnight. Heck, two dollars would be a date with a girlfriend that included a movie, gas, and a snack. Have you guys ever thought about the collation of wives working with increase in prices or increase in prices causing wives to work. Hmmm! (Another chicken vs. the egg.:confused:)

There I go, meandering again:eek::rolleyes:. I gotta find something to do :eek::D.

Rex: I'm trying to learn from all my past mistakes :D LoL I didn't really make any, now did I? Nah, I didn't think so. :rolleyes::mad: I've made my share, like the hidden storage area I have which will be enclosed with no easy way to access things unless I put some type of removable hill sides around it. :rolleyes: Now that's what you call forethought :D well actually it will be just a dead area that has been mainly used for storage while the layout
gets built and then the cars and engines should all have a place to go :confused: maybe : :)rolleyes:

Actually, I rather enjoy revamping things as I go along and new things develope like my realizing that my Anglin Oil Distributor ship wasn't going to have enough room along side of the Copper & Iron Works but when I filled in the L corners created from the Rich Hill table extending out and my filling in the corners with two large quarter round pieces of OSB that increased my available real estate and made a perfect spot for the operation.

One sore spot I'm going to have though is roads for the cars and trucks, that's going to be a real challenge for sure. :eek:

As far as a funny scene on the layout, I just have to say it hasn't happened yet, unless you want to count the diesel sales hung from limb of a tall old pine snag? :eek: He was the guy that sold foreman on the Box cab diesels and how great they were. Ya Right!

It's early evening at 5:10Pm and the fog is getting to be thick enough to cut with a knife.
A great night for railroading. Oh, the temp is about 34* and will fall even more I'm sure. Man am I going to have a big electric bill.

The Copper Works siding is in and just needs to have the feeders attached which should be an easy job as I left a spot on the Atlas controler for it and just need to solder the wires to the track and connect the short additional extension with a couple of short wire splices across the two rails at the joint.

Man am I tired so a nap is in order.

Talk with you all later

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Prolly 4 inches out their right now, expecting 14 by Sunday morning. Cant wait!

I see theres been some college football talk going on, but anybody want to make some early guesses to the superbowl? Ive got the colts falling to the jets this weekend, and then my patriots starting their playoff run with a win over the jets and continuing from there to the superbowl. Why? Brady doesnt lose at home, and the patriots have home field advantage through the playoffs, not to mention the first-round-by means extra practice, and Bellicheck has already had a full contact practice to keep the team sharp. I really think the pats will make it to the superbowl, but i really dont know if theyll win.

Snow go visit them there folks in NY. They need it. No comment about the NFL just another bunch of over paid crybabies that nothing is ever their fault. We just got back from INDY and saw one slide off and a fender bender just down the road another mile. Got both of us I Phones for a mere 49.95@. I remember when these things came out and the price was totally outrageous. Glendia was not going to get one but when played with mine for a few seconds she had to have one too. She really liked the touch and slide technology of the screen so we is now the proud owners of Apple I phones.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Prolly 4 inches out their right now, expecting 14 by Sunday morning. Cant wait!

Lucky you! We just got the bone chilling cold, no snow:mad: We were supposed to get a little last night, and boy we got a little. I want enough to shovel! Not enough that 1 wiper swipe clears the whole front of the car!!!:(
Little dustings are dangerous, cuz half the folks who really can't drive in it think they can!:eek: Deeper snow keeps those idiots home.

Good morning. It's 43° and sunny. The high will be 58° and it will be mostly cloudy. There's rain in the forecast for tomorrow.

Well I found the reason for my eye sensitivity yesterday as I woke up this with a case of pinkeye. It's uncomfortable but it'll go away in a couple of days. In the meantime I'll have the dark glasses on.:cool:

Its snowing!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Yeah, were only getting 1-2 inches of the stuff, but thats all we need for snowboards!! Wooooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I've got about two inches on the ground here. It's enough to make you fall on your butt but not enough to shovel. We are supposed to get more this week but I ain't holding my breath. I want to work on my trains so bad, but I can't until I get the basement sanded for the new drywall that is put up and taped.

Have a good weekend all!

Good afternoon everyone.

Well, most of the tuxedos are out for the weekend dance so I'm taking it easy. I have a fairly lazy day at work and then home to work on the layout. I'm finding that I only work on it during day light hours so I can get a good sense of how much I need to weather streets and such. Every time I try to do it at night the coloring is all wrong the next day. Oh well, Rome's streets weren't weathered in a day!:D

I hope those that aren't checking in very often are doing well.

Have a good day everyone.

Special Rescue coarse today, all about swift water rescue and rope rescue, good honest fun but painful on the meat and two veg as the harness's are tight, very tight.

Afternoon all!
Man, the people are starting to go nuts at the store in anticipation of our winter storm. Now looks like we will get all forms: snow, sleet, freezing rain, all depending on timing. All this begins sometime tomorrow afternoon and thru Monday. The wife is off work this weekend, but will have to work Monday. Someone at work with 4 wheel dr./chains or the police will probably have to pick her up (Doubtful that this area will get much help on the roads until we don't need it.). My biggest concern is losing power, but we can always retire to the travel trailer.

Yeah man, I remember the Honeymooners quite well. BTW Karl, the Flintstones were a fun couple to double date with. Fred would get a bit rowdy, but we would have fun anyway. Loved Brontosaurus steaks.

Jeffery: sorry about the pink-eye. I've had that twice as an adult and it is some miserable stuff. Be careful, as it is very contagious. Oh, before you go to bed, put some toothpicks in your eyelids to hold them open:D.

David: are you hand-laying all your track? Carey likes to do that and I will enjoy seeing his work soon.

Corey: I've done retail a few times and always enjoyed working with the public. However, you must have a lot of patience to deal with teens for their special occasions, particularly now days.

Larry: We've thought about upgrading to one of those new fangled gadgets, but haven't really found a sound enough use to warrant the change. Heck, we mostly use the standard one we have, only when we travel or a special need. We have thousands of roll-over minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back